Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121536 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #660 on: June 28, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So it looks like the Spurs want nothing to do with Deng's contract, or Lonzo Ball.

Essentially it will probably take Kuzma, Ingram and a Randle S&T to get it done. Honestly if I'm the Lakers and getting Leonard means getting Lebron (possibly George too), you do it.

SAS may fish for an additional asset like Hart or a future pick but I think they'd gladly settle on Kuzma, Ingram and Randle (via S&T)

Thing is if they don't send out Deng then they won't have cap space for Lebron and George. And without all 3 it's just a rehash of Cleveland. Maybe that's enough for Lebron but he isn't adding to his championships that way. The Lakers need to find a team to take on that Deng contract.

They can stretch Deng, sign both LeBron and PG13, and then trade Ingram, Ball, and two of Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (30 days after he signs), and Zubac (if he’s not waived this week) to match salaries for Kawhi.  That’s a heavy price, and they would have over $7 million of Deng’s contract on the books for the next five years.  But trading Deng is not a necessity.

Than what fill the roster with undrafted rookies and minimum contract vets?

« Reply #661 on: June 28, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
So it looks like the Spurs want nothing to do with Deng's contract, or Lonzo Ball.

Essentially it will probably take Kuzma, Ingram and a Randle S&T to get it done. Honestly if I'm the Lakers and getting Leonard means getting Lebron (possibly George too), you do it.

SAS may fish for an additional asset like Hart or a future pick but I think they'd gladly settle on Kuzma, Ingram and Randle (via S&T)

Thing is if they don't send out Deng then they won't have cap space for Lebron and George. And without all 3 it's just a rehash of Cleveland. Maybe that's enough for Lebron but he isn't adding to his championships that way. The Lakers need to find a team to take on that Deng contract.

They can stretch Deng, sign both LeBron and PG13, and then trade Ingram, Ball, and two of Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (30 days after he signs), and Zubac (if he’s not waived this week) to match salaries for Kawhi.  That’s a heavy price, and they would have over $7 million of Deng’s contract on the books for the next five years.  But trading Deng is not a necessity.

well they'd have 2 of the players they didn't trade, plus the MLE, which they could probably split, but yeah they would be thin in the depth department this year, though when you have the best player in the world, a guy that was a top 5 player in the world before he was injured, and a top 15 player in the world, they might not need that much more.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #662 on: June 28, 2018, 09:44:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No undrafted rookies, but yes, minimum contract vets and their room exception.  That’s life when you’re trying to add three max players in a single offseason.

« Reply #663 on: June 28, 2018, 09:48:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Veterans/free agents and plethora of undrafted free agents will come flockin'. The potential of winning with two top 5 players, and PG-13, with the allure of living in Los Angeles is way too promising.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #664 on: June 28, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
to match salary they would either have to use a sign and trade with Randle (which i dont see SA doing) or trading the whole coup of young talent Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart.. and if I'm Magic I do it .. The only dead weight is Dengs contract... so you have KL, LBJ, and PG and fill the roster with veterans who will play for cheap to win ..

« Reply #665 on: June 28, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Veterans/free agents and plethora of undrafted free agents will come flockin'. The potential of winning with two top 5 players, and PG-13, with the allure of living in Los Angeles is way too promising.

Yeah plus there's not a lot of FA money out there, a lot of guys wouldn't be turning down much money to do it.  They'd get 2-3 decent vets out there and probably pick up a buyout guy or two later on.

« Reply #666 on: June 28, 2018, 10:50:54 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Screaming A Smith said today Leonard isn’t thrilled with the idea of playing with Lebron with the Lakers because of all hoopla James brings

« Reply #667 on: June 28, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Screaming A Smith said today Leonard isn’t thrilled with the idea of playing with Lebron with the Lakers because of all hoopla James brings

Sounds like Kawhi isn't thrilled with much these days. Gonna be real interesting to see how things play out wherever he winds up.

« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2018, 11:12:59 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Kawhi does not want any hoopla
Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers
Kawhi is the new Kanye

« Reply #669 on: June 28, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

If he doesn't want all the hoopla, then why would he ever want to play for the Lakers? Yes, I know LeBron is a circus all his own, but the Lakers are not far behind. Plus, the Lakers have Lavar Ball, which may actually be far worse than anything LeBron would bring.

If Kawhi just wants to play and not be surrounded by any hoopla, then why not be open to play long term for Boston?

« Reply #670 on: June 28, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
to match salary they would either have to use a sign and trade with Randle (which i dont see SA doing) or trading the whole coup of young talent Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart.. and if I'm Magic I do it .. The only dead weight is Dengs contract... so you have KL, LBJ, and PG and fill the roster with veterans who will play for cheap to win ..

Actually including Randle in a sign and trade IMO seems better for the Spurs than including the dead weight of Deng’s contract.

« Reply #671 on: June 28, 2018, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago
The Spurs are fully engaged in trade talks with several teams on Kawhi Leonard, including the Lakers and Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. Boston has long had the assets that the Spurs most covet in a potential Leonard trade.

Though the cynical part of me wonders if this is now San Antonio trying to drive up LA's offer.

« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Kawhi does not want any hoopla
Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers
Kawhi is the new Kanye

Kawhi is the Quiet Storm
Kawhi contains multitudes
Kawhi is Introvert Kyrie

« Reply #673 on: June 28, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago
The Spurs are fully engaged in trade talks with several teams on Kawhi Leonard, including the Lakers and Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. Boston has long had the assets that the Spurs most covet in a potential Leonard trade.

Though the cynical part of me wonders if this is now San Antonio trying to drive up LA's offer.

To add to this Stein said the spurs are fully ready to move on from him.
I really don’t want to trade Kyrie.

« Reply #674 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975