Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121586 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #645 on: June 28, 2018, 03:28:03 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Could Danny be there acting as a catalyst? I can only imagine he would love to see LeBron go to the Lakers and open up the East completely! What if he is there trying to enable a trade as the 3rd team? Potentially using Morris and Rozier as sweeteners... Not sure what he'd get back in return though, it would obviously still need to be a good deal for us. Any ideas?

« Reply #646 on: June 28, 2018, 03:38:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
"According to reporting from ESPN, the Los Angeles Lakers would likely clinch a free agent commitment from LeBron James if they are able to agree upon a trade for Kawhi Leonard."

« Reply #647 on: June 28, 2018, 05:11:32 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

https://twitter.com/YannisNBA/status/1012155988026281985

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23930461/los-angeles-lakers-san-antonio-spurs-reopen-talks-kawhi-leonard

The demands of SAS are unrealistic IMO. It's more about trying to keep the price up, but -if past deals for all star players are any guide- they will have to settle for less, esp. now that it is known that Leonard wants out.

« Reply #648 on: June 28, 2018, 06:38:18 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

https://twitter.com/YannisNBA/status/1012155988026281985

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23930461/los-angeles-lakers-san-antonio-spurs-reopen-talks-kawhi-leonard

The demands of SAS are unrealistic IMO. It's more about trying to keep the price up, but -if past deals for all star players are any guide- they will have to settle for less, esp. now that it is known that Leonard wants out.

If that report is true, I don't see Kawhi coming to Boston. From a roster construction standpoint, moving your best pg for another wing doesn't make sense. And from a value standpoint, Kawhi has injury/personal problems to worry about now. Giving up your best player for that kind of gamble doesn't make sense to me either.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #649 on: June 28, 2018, 07:33:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm hearing that Spurs are unlikely to make a deal in the off-season, so Kawhi starts off the season on their roster.  Good for them: They will not be  pushed around and certainly don't want to enable another " super-team" especially in the WC.  That would be worse than losing him for nothing, IMO.

« Reply #650 on: June 28, 2018, 07:42:35 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Small price to pay for the Lakers to Leonard and James

George opting out of his deal and will be a free agent now also. Lakers might get all three.

« Reply #651 on: June 28, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Spurs have to stand strong make the Lakers suffer and give them nothing!!

« Reply #652 on: June 28, 2018, 07:52:01 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think it will be kuzma, Ingram, Randall in a sign and trade and 2 number one picks

« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2018, 07:57:22 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
If the Celtics are going to trade for Leonard, it will be one of three types of deals where we have to give up:

Kyrie Irving
     Gordon Hayward
     Brown or Tatum with other young pieces and chunks of salary

I don't really want to do any of these trades so I just don't see it happening.  It is not going to be one of the Rozier, Morris,.....  deals.  There will be much better offers available.

San Antonio is playing it smart and appears to be in no rush.  Why should they be.  The Lakers may be better served to offer just one young piece with Deng to allow them to sign Paul, George, and James (get it, three players with last names that are first names?).  I guess Leonard fits this as well.  hmmmm

« Reply #654 on: June 28, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So it looks like the Spurs want nothing to do with Deng's contract, or Lonzo Ball.

Essentially it will probably take Kuzma, Ingram and a Randle S&T to get it done. Honestly if I'm the Lakers and getting Leonard means getting Lebron (possibly George too), you do it.

SAS may fish for an additional asset like Hart or a future pick but I think they'd gladly settle on Kuzma, Ingram and Randle (via S&T)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #655 on: June 28, 2018, 08:05:24 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Even if it doesn’t go down this year there’s a good chance it will next year.  Lebron can opt in with the Cavs one more year, then both he and Kawhi sign with LA next year.  LA doesn’t give up anything! Or Lebron goes to LA and waits for Kawhi. Remember, Magic has his eyes on next summer as a deadline.

« Reply #656 on: June 28, 2018, 08:10:14 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So it looks like the Spurs want nothing to do with Deng's contract, or Lonzo Ball.

Essentially it will probably take Kuzma, Ingram and a Randle S&T to get it done. Honestly if I'm the Lakers and getting Leonard means getting Lebron (possibly George too), you do it.

SAS may fish for an additional asset like Hart or a future pick but I think they'd gladly settle on Kuzma, Ingram and Randle (via S&T)

Thing is if they don't send out Deng then they won't have cap space for Lebron and George. And without all 3 it's just a rehash of Cleveland. Maybe that's enough for Lebron but he isn't adding to his championships that way. The Lakers need to find a team to take on that Deng contract.

« Reply #657 on: June 28, 2018, 08:22:09 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If I were the Spurs I would want one of the following deals:

1. To SAS: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Randle (S+T)
To LAL: Leonard

or something like

2. To SAS: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, Randle (S+T), Deng + two 1st round draft picks
To LAL: Leonard, Gasol, Mills

« Reply #658 on: June 28, 2018, 08:49:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Thing is if they don't send out Deng then they won't have cap space for Lebron and George. And without all 3 it's just a rehash of Cleveland. Maybe that's enough for Lebron but he isn't adding to his championships that way. The Lakers need to find a team to take on that Deng contract.

They can stretch Deng, sign both LeBron and PG13, and then trade Ingram, Ball, and two of Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (30 days after he signs), and Zubac (if he’s not waived this week) to match salaries for Kawhi.  That’s a heavy price, and they would have over $7 million of Deng’s contract on the books for the next five years.  But trading Deng is not a necessity.

« Reply #659 on: June 28, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

They can stretch Deng, sign both LeBron and PG13, and then trade Ingram, Ball, and two of Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (30 days after he signs), and Zubac (if he’s not waived this week) to match salaries for Kawhi.  That’s a heavy price, and they would have over $7 million of Deng’s contract on the books for the next five years.  But trading Deng is not a necessity.

Well, when you put it all that way it definitely feels like it LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller