Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121555 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #615 on: June 27, 2018, 08:59:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783314-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-celtics-spurs-talks-have-gone-nowhere

Good. He’s not worth the price, especially given the risks of losing him.

Best news of the day.

LOL ....good old DA low balled them with his first salvo .....

Nobody will pay what Lakers will.....s their MO.   ...buy what we need ...money is no proble,.....buying free agents to rebuild at any cost.

If Kawhi won't asure DA he ll stay a while ....no way the owners give up Rozier  , or Brown for a years  rental .   

I would neber say Danny is finished .   

Lakers would trade evrybody they hot for even one year shot of Cp3 Kawhi George.

The only way Lakers win that trade is if they absolutely win the championship the upcoming season. Otherwise, that would be a Billy King-esque move for them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #616 on: June 27, 2018, 09:05:43 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Have a feeling San Antonio doesn't make a move on Kawhi until after the major players in free agency make their decisions. Just don't see San Antonio doing a team like Cleveland, Philly or the Lakers a favor by moving Kawhi early hence making landing another major free agent easier for them.

If for instance Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, then maybe Kawhi gets dealt to LAL. If either George or Paul land in LAL with Lebron, maybe SA sends Kawhi east. And so on. I just don't see SA dealing Kawhi to a team to make it easy for them to create another superteam.
They would be killing the market for him. Only a fool would purposely destroy demand for their own product. That would make no sense whatsoever.

« Reply #617 on: June 27, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783314-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-celtics-spurs-talks-have-gone-nowhere

Good. He’s not worth the price, especially given the risks of losing him.

Best news of the day.

LOL ....good old DA low balled them with his first salvo .....

Nobody will pay what Lakers will.....s their MO.   ...buy what we need ...money is no proble,.....buying free agents to rebuild at any cost.

If Kawhi won't asure DA he ll stay a while ....no way the owners give up Rozier  , or Brown for a years  rental .   

I would neber say Danny is finished .   

Lakers would trade evrybody they hot for even one year shot of Cp3 Kawhi George.

The only way Lakers win that trade is if they absolutely win the championship the upcoming season. Otherwise, that would be a Billy King-esque move for them.
The LAL have the luxury of knowing that's where Kawhi wants to be long term. No one else can get that assurance.

« Reply #618 on: June 27, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Leonard is a luxury for Boston. But Brown is going to be him soon

« Reply #619 on: June 27, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Have a feeling San Antonio doesn't make a move on Kawhi until after the major players in free agency make their decisions. Just don't see San Antonio doing a team like Cleveland, Philly or the Lakers a favor by moving Kawhi early hence making landing another major free agent easier for them.

If for instance Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, then maybe Kawhi gets dealt to LAL. If either George or Paul land in LAL with Lebron, maybe SA sends Kawhi east. And so on. I just don't see SA dealing Kawhi to a team to make it easy for them to create another superteam.
They would be killing the market for him. Only a fool would purposely destroy demand for their own product. That would make no sense whatsoever.
Disagree it kills their market for Kawhi. It just narrows it a bit. What is killing the Spurs market is Kawhi saying he only wants to go to the Lakers. And since he is killing his own trade value, I don't see the Spurs doing him any favors by dealing him there early so that LA can then figure out a way to get Lebron and another star there.

« Reply #620 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Cleveland is so unstable right now that their draft picks are likely very valuable if unprotected.

It would be pretty funny if they turned the tables on the Lakers.

They could send Sexton, Nance, Clarkson, and Zizic + three unprotected picks - picks which have a chance at becoming Brooklyn-level valuable. If i'm the Spurs I want the 2020, 2022, and 2024 picks. The ones as far in the future as possible.

I'd imagine acquiring Leonard would be enough to entice LeBron to stay for at least another year.

The dysfunction and drama would be a joy to watch. Meanwhile Magic Johnson panics and invests fully in Paul George and some other B-level star. The Cavs and Lakers could both simultaneously implode.

« Reply #621 on: June 27, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Disagree it kills their market for Kawhi. It just narrows it a bit. What is killing the Spurs market is Kawhi saying he only wants to go to the Lakers. And since he is killing his own trade value, I don't see the Spurs doing him any favors by dealing him there early so that LA can then figure out a way to get Lebron and another star there.

I won't be surprised if some dark horse team comes out of the mix to nab Leonard.

And it won't necessarily be a contender.

Some of the teams in the league have been floundering for a long time and are desperate for something good to happen. I could see a lottery team sending an appealing package of picks and players that would allow the Spurs to gain adequate value while sticking it to Kawhi and the Lakers simultaneously.

« Reply #622 on: June 27, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

You're eliminating suitors. Of course it hurts the market for him tremendously. It's absurd to suggest otherwise. The SAS not participating in creating another superteam should have zero bearing on any decision they make. The only rational reason for them not to trade him asap is that they think they can turn him back, but from what I've read tonight, he's not stepping foot in their lockerroom again.

What you're suggesting is organizational suicide by SAS. If he's going to LAL, either they can get something for him, or they can go through a season where they have no chance to compete, and get nothing in return. The longer they wait, the less resources and cap space teams have available to trade for him.

« Reply #623 on: June 27, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Cleveland is so unstable right now that their draft picks are likely very valuable if unprotected.

It would be pretty funny if they turned the tables on the Lakers.

They could send Sexton, Nance, Clarkson, and Zizic + three unprotected picks - picks which have a chance at becoming Brooklyn-level valuable. If i'm the Spurs I want the 2020, 2022, and 2024 picks. The ones as far in the future as possible.

I'd imagine acquiring Leonard would be enough to entice LeBron to stay for at least another year.

The dysfunction and drama would be a joy to watch. Meanwhile Magic Johnson panics and invests fully in Paul George and some other B-level star. The Cavs and Lakers could both simultaneously implode.

That's a beautiful dream. I hope it comes true!

« Reply #624 on: June 27, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You're eliminating suitors. Of course it hurts the market for him tremendously. It's absurd to suggest otherwise. The SAS not participating in creating another superteam should have zero bearing on any decision they make. The only rational reason for them not to trade him asap is that they think they can turn him back, but from what I've read tonight, he's not stepping foot in their lockerroom again.

What you're suggesting is organizational suicide by SAS. If he's going to LAL, either they can get something for him, or they can go through a season where they have no chance to compete, and get nothing in return. The longer they wait, the less resources and cap space teams have available to trade for him.
Completely disagree. The Spurs market is more hurt by Kawhi's limiting the market to LAL than the Spurs remaining patient and looking for the best deal....not the deal that makes Kawhi most happy and coincidentally helps a direct competitor in the western conference.

Even without Kawhi, San Antonio was still a strong playoff team. That was without Kawhi. The Spurs are looking to add talent to a team that won 47 games without Kawhi. Trading him to get the best result for the team is adding players to that 47 win core while not making a team that finished lower than the Spurs a superteam in their conference.

Regardless of Kawhi's desires, my guess is there is still a team out there willing to take the risk of trading for Kawhi while hoping to get him to resign after he spends a year with the team. Seems I rememver the KG situation in Minny being very similar and yet Danny kept up the persistence and landed KG and convinced him to stay. Danny did that because he was patient.

It works the other way too. Buford being patient and waiting to see how FA pans out is, IMO, the best case scenario for the Spurs.

« Reply #625 on: June 27, 2018, 10:42:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Completely disagree. The Spurs market is more hurt by Kawhi's limiting the market to LAL than the Spurs remaining patient and looking for the best deal....not the deal that makes Kawhi most happy and coincidentally helps a direct competitor in the western conference.

Even without Kawhi, San Antonio was still a strong playoff team. That was without Kawhi. The Spurs are looking to add talent to a team that won 47 games without Kawhi. Trading him to get the best result for the team is adding players to that 47 win core while not making a team that finished lower than the Spurs a superteam in their conference.

Regardless of Kawhi's desires, my guess is there is still a team out there willing to take the risk of trading for Kawhi while hoping to get him to resign after he spends a year with the team. Seems I rememver the KG situation in Minny being very similar and yet Danny kept up the persistence and landed KG and convinced him to stay. Danny did that because he was patient.

It works the other way too. Buford being patient and waiting to see how FA pans out is, IMO, the best case scenario for the Spurs.
how can you disagree with what he said? Its not an arguable statement. What he said was fact. The spurs would kill the trade market if they wait

Because of that, Spurs have reopened trade talks with Lakers after shutting the door on them just Days ago : http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23930461/los-angeles-lakers-san-antonio-spurs-re-open-talks-kawhi-leonard

Expect kawhi traded by Friday morning. if they wait any longer they lose him for peanuts. No, its not relevant how good the team is without kawhI lol

« Reply #626 on: June 27, 2018, 10:42:53 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lakers get Leonard they get James. It is a 2 for one for them.

« Reply #627 on: June 27, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The real question is what did danny offer. The man is ruthless  and cold blooded during trades

« Reply #628 on: June 27, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The real question is what did danny offer. The man is ruthless  and cold blooded during trades

Prolly not his best. He knows he can stand pat and win the East, plus not risk crippling this team for the next few years.

Keep this group together and add a top 5 pick from the Kings as well as maybe a top 9 or 10 pick from the Grizz...next year...or use them in a trade later on

« Reply #629 on: June 27, 2018, 10:56:47 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Lakers are going to give up everything to get Kawhi because it means Lebron as well. I still don't think they have enough to beat G.S. Celtics will also be the better team as well. Let them both go there. Celts will still have a better and deeper team than the Fakers.