Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121723 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
And he reportedly wants to go to LA??

YES!!!!

Let the rivalry renew once again!!

Let Lebron James (and PG13) go there, too!

I "LOVE" this.

LeBron will set the travel arrangements for this coming together.

From Boston's standpoint, it wouldn't be too terrible for a superteam to form in Los Angeles.

That clears a path for Boston to get to the ECF... or at least clears the Bron roadblock.  Sixers and Raptors are still threats.

And whether it's the stacked Laker superteam with Bron, Kawhi and George - or the stacked Warriors superteam - either way we'd probably be the underdogs if we made it to the Finals so any potential victory would be extra sweet.

I wouldn't consider the Raptors much of a threat. They seem to usually choke in the playoffs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
And "unretirement" contract... who offered it to you  :P
Multiple posters here reached out to me imploring me to return so I could be the forum foil during the Celtic/76ers playoff series.  I felt obligated given it was a series against the Sixers.  I think it worked out.  Good old classic reverse jinxing - I was happy to be on the "losing end" if it meant Boston improbably getting by the heavily favorited Sixers.  I have no intention of staying long-term.  The culture here is more broken than Markelle Fultz' jump shot.  I figured if I was going to temporarily come back, I might as well hang out through the playoffs, draft and free agency - hence 60 days ;)

On the topic of Kawhi...  I think a Lakers trio of Paul George, LeBron and Kawhi is totally in play.  What's a realistic offer the Lakers can make to outbid Fultz + #10 + Covington?  Those seem like the two most likely destinations.

I wanted him back. He's made me a better person and helped me get sober. I wish others appreciated him more.

« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

YES!!!!

I "LOVE" this.

From Boston's standpoint, it wouldn't be too terrible for a superteam to form in Los Angeles.

That clears a path for Boston to get to the ECF... or at least clears the Bron roadblock.  Sixers and Raptors are still threats.

And whether it's the stacked Laker superteam with Bron, Kawhi and George - or the stacked Warriors superteam - either way we'd probably be the underdogs if we made it to the Finals so any potential victory would be extra sweet.

Exactly.

And like the Celtics teams of old

We'd find a WAY to defeat such a team.

History repeats itself and we'd find a way.

« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2018, 06:28:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Multiple posters here reached out to me imploring me to return so I could be the forum foil during the Celtic/76ers playoff series.  I felt obligated given it was a series against the Sixers.  I think it worked out.  Good old classic reverse jinxing - I was happy to be on the "losing end" if it meant Boston improbably getting by the heavily favorited Sixers.  I have no intention of staying long-term.  The culture here is more broken than Markelle Fultz' jump shot.  I figured if I was going to temporarily come back, I might as well hang out through the playoffs, draft and free agency - hence 60 days ;)

On the topic of Kawhi...  I think a Lakers trio of Paul George, LeBron and Kawhi is totally in play.  What's a realistic offer the Lakers can make to outbid Fultz + #10 + Covington?  Those seem like the two most likely destinations.

I wanted him back. He's made me a better person and helped me get sober. I wish others appreciated him more.
I didn't want to name names, but I can confirm celticsclay is one of my burner accounts who asked me to come back.

« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Lakers should offer up both Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma for Kawhi contingent on the Spurs also taking Deng's contract.

Then Lakers should sign LeBron, Paul George and Chris Paul on slight discounts.

Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Brandon Ingram, LeBron James. 

Freaky

Why would the Spurs ever do that?

Spurs wouldn't blink unless Lakers offer Ingram and Kuzma as a starting point.
On why the Spurs would do it...

If they decide they need to trade Kawhi, you can do a lot worse than adding Lonzo Ball (an elite prospect) and Kyle Kuzma.  You might be right that adding the Deng contract would be too much to swallow.

What if the Lakers were willing to give up both Ball, Ingram and Kuzma in addition to the Deng contract.  Just clear the whole deck, add Kawhi, and then use the cap space to sign everyone on massive paycuts (Chris Paul, LeBron, Paul George, Boogie Cousins).  Lol

You are clueless. Ball and Kuzma? No Ingram no talk.
Yeah obviously Ingram is the most desirable.  He's likely a better prospect than all the guys we're talking about (Fultz, Ball, Brown). 

I do think people are giving up on Fultz and Ball too early, though.   Fultz is still a big unknown, obviously.   In Ball's case, he shot like crap but he actually put up really solid numbers for a rookie point guard.  Whether that means he's the next Michael Carter Williams or a legit future star remains to be seen.  Even with the drama, I see Ball as a valuable trade piece.

Take away Leonard from Pop, and give him Ball and his Addams Family father AND Deng's contract, and I picture Leonard quoting Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon

"I'm getting too old for this (bleep)" :)

« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

YES!!!!

I "LOVE" this.

I wouldn't consider the Raptors much of a threat. They seem to usually choke in the playoffs.
Bron has dominated the Raptors, but we haven't really seen how Boston stacks up against them.  They are still a dangerous team.

« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I didn't want to name names, but I can confirm celticsclay is one of my burner accounts who asked me to come back.

Celticsclay has supported me through a lot

« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I know that the latter would have to agree to opt into the final year of his deal, but think about this possible starting lineup -

C - Marc Gasol

PF - JaMychal Green

SF - Kawhi Leonard

SG - Honestly not sure on this one. Perhaps they could go after Danny Green if they're unsure about Wayne Selden's knee, for example.

PG - Mike Conley

I'm just going to assert that no team factoring "Wayne Selden's knee" into its plans is an actual contender.

Not even with the rest of those guys? Plus, that's why I mentioned Danny Green, ;D lol.

Still, Selden is a terrific player, it's just that, well, his knee has bothered him at times, but trust me, he's an excellent defender with good size, a great athlete, and at least a very good passer with a nice jump shot.

See for yourself :) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgrfDLZOpfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWnYtQM01g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9v_Z1tBfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGjhksPAC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI8xgy_qr8U

« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rody, to clarify, I quit posting on Celticsblog a while ago.  Back in the day I had been the lone Celtic fan who thought Philly had a bright future and that Embiid would eventually get healthy. 
People here were convinced he was the next Greg Oden.  I took a ton of heat for playing devil's advocate and believing in Philly. 

Embiid skipped a lot of games on minutes precaution last year, so it is not all smooth sailing yet.   63 games this year so it is always something with him.   But you absolute could end up being right.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/embiijo01.html

Got labelled a Celtic hater, a Sixer fan, etc.  The consensus from the fans here was that they wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for Embiid.  I decided to hold my ground on Sixer island and it finally paid off this year when they had only their second 50+ win season in the past 30+ years.  Given that I had been CelticsBlog's Sixer foil for a couple years, it was only fitting that I be a part of the first (of probably many) Celtic vs Sixer playoff series.  Boston pulled it off.  People had a laugh at my expense.  I plan to crawl back in my hole in a couple weeks.

Do you think Simmons is going to sprout a shoot or Fultz is going to make a comeback from shootingitis?   I think the former is more probable than the later.   But something about Simmons game makes he think he does not care a whole lot about the game or getting better.   He is a great talent but let's things come to him and isn't exactly assertive on the court.   He is also playing out of position

Come on, you have to stay until after Free Agency!

« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

Celticsclay has supported me through a lot

Alright Colangelo. Give it up, we know it's you.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2018, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rody, to clarify, I quit posting on Celticsblog a while ago.  Back in the day I had been the lone Celtic fan who thought Philly had a bright future and that Embiid would eventually get healthy. 
People here were convinced he was the next Greg Oden.  I took a ton of heat for playing devil's advocate and believing in Philly. 

Embiid skipped a lot of games on minutes precaution last year, so it is not all smooth sailing yet.   63 games this year so it is always something with him.   But you absolute could end up being right.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/embiijo01.html

Got labelled a Celtic hater, a Sixer fan, etc.  The consensus from the fans here was that they wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for Embiid.  I decided to hold my ground on Sixer island and it finally paid off this year when they had only their second 50+ win season in the past 30+ years.  Given that I had been CelticsBlog's Sixer foil for a couple years, it was only fitting that I be a part of the first (of probably many) Celtic vs Sixer playoff series.  Boston pulled it off.  People had a laugh at my expense.  I plan to crawl back in my hole in a couple weeks.

Do you think Simmons is going to sprout a shoot or Fultz is going to make a comeback from shootingitis?   I think the former is more probable than the later.   But something about Simmons game makes he think he does not care a whole lot about the game or getting better.   He is a great talent but let's things come to him and isn't exactly assertive on the court.   He is also playing out of position

Come on, you have to stay until after Free Agency!

My issue with Simmons is that he comes off as arrogant. His mentality, and his response to people asking him about ROTY, "I'm rookie of the year 100% percent," mindset just really makes me upset. He is fun to watch, but his inability to shoot with will hinder him greatly. I mean even Lamar Odom could shoot.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think many people have independently looked at the Sixers roster and came up with the same no-brainer trade:   Covington + Fultz + #10 for Kawhi.   Gonna be tough to beat that.

What? That offer isn't even that good...
Fultz is still an elite prospect.  Youngest player ever to have a triple double.

Good for you ...Don't let them put your team down

« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Man, 63 games is pretty great.  We got less than 63 games from Kyrie and Hayward combined.

« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Man, 63 games is pretty great.  We got less than 63 games from Kyrie and Hayward combined.

http://bfy.tw/Id33

« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2018, 06:53:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

http://bfy.tw/Id33
We should add Kawhi too so we can be the "All-Injury Team".   Including playoffs, Embiid played 71 games last season.  Our hypothetical Big 3 of Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward played a combined 70 games last season.