Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121577 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The next person that labels another poster a troll will be due a very long suspension. Let's get this back to Leonard and away from current discussion.

Respectfully, can we also refrain from calling people “ninnies”?  That was aimed at me, as a reference to the time when I caught LB making up self-quotes and called him on it.  I’m intentionally staying away from T-word, but i don’t see a reason that other insults should be allowed either.

I’m rooting for Kawhi to go to the Clippers.

Same. And also I saw "ninnies" in a reply to me and was like, "what does that mean??"  ???  :laugh:
It was a reference to people who misquote others on forums.

Ah okay, I honestly had no clue  :laugh:
No worries.  It wasn't directed at anyone specific.  Just a lot of folks here like to misquote me.  Obviously, I'd consider Boston + LeBron (impossible without giving up someone) to be the favorites in the East.  My whole point there was that even if such an impossible thing happened, it still wouldn't guarantee a victory over a Warriors team that has 3 of the greatest shooters in NBA history.  Because of how this modern game is played, you'd basically have to beat them in a 3-point shootout - which aint easy when they have arguably the two greatest 3-point shooters EVER in addition to Kevin Durant.

Anyways, my 60 day "unretirement" contract ends in a couple weeks.  At most, ya'll only have to put up with me until the draft.

I guess, but I just think Boston's defense right now can give the Warriors fits and if you add Lebron w/o losing a single asset (in that scenario), it's game over for the league. Also, I didn't think the Warriors looked "invincible" that last playoff run and I think if CP3 is healthy, the Rockets are in the Finals instead.

And "unretirement" contract... who offered it to you  :P

FWIW, I'd say the same about Philly.  If they added LeBron without giving up anyone, it's still going to be extremely difficult to outshoot the Warriors.   If they swap Fultz/Convington for Kawhi and THEN add LeBron, that team is going to be dangerous and probably the East favorites - but Golden State is unprecedented.

Unless Simmons finds a jump shot next year I still think them + Lebron doesn't beat Golden State and wouldn't be a guaranteed lock to come out of the East so long as Boston is almost 100% healthy. Just IMHO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why do GMs honor these 'wish lists' again?

Perhaps they have stock in Amazon and/or Scholastic book fairs :P. #ChildhoodMemories ;D

This is sad.  Kawhi used to be my favorite player.

Not so much anymore.

I'm not cool with this "I'm gonna sit out the season and demand a trade" thing.

If you're on a dysfunctional team, OK. 

You have the best coach and the best franchise in the league.  They made you a star. 

Get outta here.

While I'm not sure that they "made him a star", yeah, I agree with the rest of your post, even if he was never my favorite player, haha.

TP either way, though.

Lost all respect for Kawhi Leonard. Hope he rots and never wins another championship cuz clearly Tim Duncan carried him to his first.

That being said, the Lakers are going to be very dangerous for years to come WHEN they land LeBron James, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard. They'll destroy Golden State and Houston.

Same - TP.

James, Leonard and Paul George have been the Lakers goal for several years. They dumped a ton of salary to the Cavs and will let Randle walk or use him in a S and T to clear more.

What do they give up to get Leonard is the big question. I think James and George already have deals with the Lakers in place.

The team screwed is Philly. Going to add nobody of any importance to that roster.

Bellinelli and Ilyasova disagree. ;D

Man, if the Lakers get all three of those guys ...

Must be nice to be a destination so many players want to go to, and to not really have to plan rebuilds because you know that, like, every few years two or three big-name players are gonna want to join you just because of your location.

TP. Yep, it's always the Lakers, smh. Not that I'm at all surprised, of course, but still - screw them.

Ahhh don't you guys hate it that whenever the Celtics become exceptionally good, the Lakers suddenly become godlier by adding in three superstars all in one summer.  ::)

Yeah nothing ever changes. C's hard working franchise to get to the top and Fakers just plop stars on the table like it's nothing. I think we about to see the rivalry reborn again. [dang] that team will be good though ugh

Yep - TP. Sigh.

It was reported months ago that Kawhi was upset that lesser players get bigger shoe deals than he does.  So, he wants exposure.

Under those circumstances, LA and NYK make sense, even if I'd argue that winning is the best exposure.

So I guess you could say that his going to LA is a...shoe-in ;) ::) ;D *groan*.

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lakers should offer up both Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma for Kawhi contingent on the Spurs also taking Deng's contract.

Then Lakers should sign LeBron, Paul George and Chris Paul on slight discounts.

Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Brandon Ingram, LeBron James. 

Freaky

Why would the Spurs ever do that?

Spurs wouldn't blink unless Lakers offer Ingram and Kuzma as a starting point.
On why the Spurs would do it...

If they decide they need to trade Kawhi, you can do a lot worse than adding Lonzo Ball (an elite prospect) and Kyle Kuzma.  You might be right that adding the Deng contract would be too much to swallow.

What if the Lakers were willing to give up both Ball, Ingram and Kuzma in addition to the Deng contract.  Just clear the whole deck, add Kawhi, and then use the cap space to sign everyone on massive paycuts (Chris Paul, LeBron, Paul George, Boogie Cousins).  Lol

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Pops a pretty smart dude. I can't see him trading Kawhi in conference. For that reason I could see Kawhi headed to Boston or NYK.

Knicks would have to give up Porzingis.

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Lakers should offer up both Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma for Kawhi contingent on the Spurs also taking Deng's contract.

Freaky

If they decide they need to trade Kawhi, you can do a lot worse than adding Lonzo Ball (an elite prospect) and Kyle Kuzma.  You might be right that adding the Deng contract would be too much to swallow.

What if the Lakers were willing to give up both Ball, Ingram and Kuzma in addition to the Deng contract.  Just clear the whole deck, add Kawhi, and then use the cap space to sign everyone on massive paycuts (Chris Paul, LeBron, Paul George, Boogie Cousins).  Lol

Lol, Allstar weekend all over again.  :-[ :-X :o
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Freaky

You are clueless. Ball and Kuzma? No Ingram no talk.

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Freaky

The Lakers apparently told Kuzma and Ball to "tone it down" after the "diss" track battle.

Clearly Pop is going to trade Kawhi for both of them (+ LaVar) :P  :laugh:

Yeah I'd be shocked if the Spurs don't demand Ingram as a "starting piece" in the trade...

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Freaky

You have an attraction to overhyped point guards who can’t shoot. Nobody wants ball because he is too much drama and too little reward

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Welp.

unlss Philly or Lakers want him more        Lakers Get PG ..done deal....Lebron or Leonard next prize.

I guess he ll be a Celtic next season.

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Multiple posters here reached out to me imploring me to return so I could be the forum foil during the Celtic/76ers playoff series.  I felt obligated given it was a series against the Sixers.  I think it worked out.  Good old classic reverse jinxing - I was happy to be on the "losing end" if it meant Boston improbably getting by the heavily favorited Sixers.  I have no intention of staying long-term.  The culture here is more broken than Markelle Fultz' jump shot.  I figured if I was going to temporarily come back, I might as well hang out through the playoffs, draft and free agency - hence 60 days ;)

On the topic of Kawhi...  I think a Lakers trio of Paul George, LeBron and Kawhi is totally in play.  What's a realistic offer the Lakers can make to outbid Fultz + #10 + Covington?  Those seem like the two most likely destinations.

« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Multiple posters here reached out to me imploring me to return so I could be the forum foil during the Celtic/76ers playoff series.  I felt obligated given it was a series against the Sixers.  I think it worked out.  Good old classic reverse jinxing - I was happy to be on the "losing end" if it meant Boston improbably getting by the heavily favorited Sixers.  I have no intention of staying long-term.  The culture here is more broken than Markelle Fultz' jump shot.  I figured if I was going to temporarily come back, I might as well hang out through the playoffs, draft and free agency - hence 60 days ;)

On the topic of Kawhi...  I think a Lakers trio of Paul George, LeBron and Kawhi is totally in play.  What's a realistic offer the Lakers can make to outbid Fultz + #10 + Covington?  Those seem like the two most likely destinations.

Nah trust me I think it's the other way around  :laugh:

The trio is well in play but the offer HAS to be Ingram + Kuzma + Another asset NOT named Ball. I don't think Pop wants to deal with Ball and his family to be honest. But even if Pop is fine taking back Lonzo, it still HAS to include Kuzma and Ingram, but that beats PHI's offer.

« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2018, 05:56:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

The trio is well in play but the offer HAS to be Ingram + Kuzma + Another asset NOT named Ball. I don't think Pop wants to deal with Ball and his family to be honest. But even if Pop is fine taking back Lonzo, it still HAS to include Kuzma and Ingram, but that beats PHI's offer.

A bag of balls and cash beats that Philadelphia offer. Leonard isn’t going to Philadelphia.

« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Don’t you mean multiple burner usernames you use reached out to you asking you to return?

« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

A bag of balls and cash beats that Philadelphia offer. Leonard isn’t going to Philadelphia.

Putting the entire Ball family in a bag and shipping them to SAS? Rude...  :P

« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Well I would like you to stay LaBrd33, it's not that I hate your 76ers drivel, it's the fact you completely ignore how valuable our players are, and sometimes talk them down... Despite the fact some of our key players helped us reach the ECF. Then talk about Fultz, Okafor, Noel, Ingram, Hart, and a few other players, (not ours,) like their pre-destined to be the greatest. Hyperbole, I know, but that's just how I feel at times. I still would like you to stay, plus I frequently follow your reddit posts so it's like you never left, hah.

Lakers have no good picks available, just late ones. They would have to get rid of Deng, and some desperate team would have to be willing to take on a pick, although it'll cost more than one for sure.

Ingram, Kuzma, Ball beats that offer. I think Brown, Morris, Rozier, Yabusele+Kings pick+Clippers blows that out of the water though.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different