Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121595 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Salary matching is the primary problem here. Easier to do than for Lebron (hypothetically), but still difficult because giving up Jaylen in a package for a rental seems ridiculous.

I think rental Kawhi for rental Harris, rental Beverley and #12 + #13 from LAC makes sense for both the teams (Spurs/Clippers). Clippers would do it b/c they are a bit desperate. And unless LAL throws in BOTH Ingram + Kuzma, I don't see Pop trading him there.

Philly could be an intriguing partner. I think they'd have to add more to Fultz + Covington + #10 though. Fultz right now doesn't have much value as people around here think. Still a solid piece but not a "primary" piece in a trade.

Celtics would easily beat both offers, it's just contingent on what we're willing to give up.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Pops a pretty smart dude. I can't see him trading Kawhi in conference. For that reason I could see Kawhi headed to Boston or NYK.

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The next person that labels another poster a troll will be due a very long suspension. Let's get this back to Leonard and away from current discussion.

Respectfully, can we also refrain from calling people “ninnies”?  That was aimed at me, as a reference to the time when I caught LB making up self-quotes and called him on it.  I’m intentionally staying away from T-word, but i don’t see a reason that other insults should be allowed either.

I’m rooting for Kawhi to go to the Clippers.

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Pops a pretty smart dude. I can't see him trading Kawhi in conference. For that reason I could see Kawhi headed to Boston or NYK.

Other than the 8th pick, what can NYK honestly offer?

Users have suggested KP, but wouldn't you want to pair KP with Kawhi?

« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Salary matching is the primary problem here. Easier to do than for Lebron (hypothetically), but still difficult because giving up Jaylen in a package for a rental seems ridiculous.

I think rental Kawhi for rental Harris, rental Beverley and #12 + #13 from LAC makes sense for both the teams (Spurs/Clippers). Clippers would do it b/c they are a bit desperate. And unless LAL throws in BOTH Ingram + Kuzma, I don't see Pop trading him there.

Philly could be an intriguing partner. I think they'd have to add more to Fultz + Covington + #10 though. Fultz right now doesn't have much value as people around here think. Still a solid piece but not a "primary" piece in a trade.

Celtics would easily beat both offers, it's just contingent on what we're willing to give up.
We can't "easily" beat any offers, because matching salaries right now is kind of impossible.

Unless you're talking about moving Hayward, Kyrie or Horford, there's really no way to make it work.  You can offer up Brown + Morris, but that only gets you to 10 mil. 

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Why does it matter since without KL, SA isn’t going to be contending?

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!

There's ONLY three kinds of trades we can do:

(1) Jaylen + Morris + Yabusele + Rozier + Non-Kings/Grizzlies Pick(s)

(2) Smart (S&T - 14M/Year, counting as 7M in trade), Morris + Rozier + Yabusele + Pick(s)

(3) Kyrie FOR Kawhi Swap OR Kyrie + Morris FOR Kawhi + Mills

The 2nd trade allows us to keep Jaylen + Tatum and all our max guys, BUT we'd have to find a really good replacement guard since BOTH Rozier and Smart get traded in this instance (maybe we get it at #27 this year's draft?). I'm not a fan of the 3rd trade idea (rather keep Kyrie and form a filthy duo with him and Leonard). The first one seems the most reasonable and realistic for both sides, but man it would suck to lose Jaylen. I'd consider it though.

Idk, we'll see. After seeing us trade Isaiah and lose like 11 guys from last year's team, I'm prepared for anything and everything cold-blooded from Ainge  :P

(Just PLEASE DON'T trade Tatum)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2018, 05:24:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
The next person that labels another poster a troll will be due a very long suspension. Let's get this back to Leonard and away from current discussion.

Respectfully, can we also refrain from calling people “ninnies”?  That was aimed at me, as a reference to the time when I caught LB making up self-quotes and called him on it.  I’m intentionally staying away from T-word, but i don’t see a reason that other insults should be allowed either.

Same. And also I saw "ninnies" in a reply to me and was like, "what does that mean??"  ???  :laugh:

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2018, 05:28:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Lakers should offer up both Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma for Kawhi contingent on the Spurs also taking Deng's contract.

Then Lakers should sign LeBron, Paul George and Chris Paul on slight discounts.

Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Brandon Ingram, LeBron James. 

Freaky

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Same. And also I saw "ninnies" in a reply to me and was like, "what does that mean??"  ???  :laugh:
It was a reference to people who misquote others on forums.

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2018, 05:29:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Didn't see that salty but you are right. Any name calling will be disciplined.

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Ah okay, I honestly had no clue  :laugh:

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Lakers should offer up both Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma for Kawhi contingent on the Spurs also taking Deng's contract.

Then Lakers should sign LeBron, Paul George and Chris Paul on slight discounts.

Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Brandon Ingram, LeBron James. 

Freaky

Why would the Spurs ever do that?

Spurs wouldn't blink unless Lakers offer Ingram and Kuzma as a starting point.

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Ah okay, I honestly had no clue  :laugh:
No worries.  It wasn't directed at anyone specific.  Just a lot of folks here like to misquote me.  Obviously, I'd consider Boston + LeBron (impossible without giving up someone) to be the favorites in the East.  My whole point there was that even if such an impossible thing happened, it still wouldn't guarantee a victory over a Warriors team that has 3 of the greatest shooters in NBA history.  Because of how this modern game is played, you'd basically have to beat them in a 3-point shootout - which aint easy when they have arguably the two greatest 3-point shooters EVER in addition to Kevin Durant.

Anyways, my 60 day "unretirement" contract ends in a couple weeks.  At most, ya'll only have to put up with me until the draft.

FWIW, I'd say the same about Philly.  If they added LeBron without giving up anyone, it's still going to be extremely difficult to outshoot the Warriors.   If they swap Fultz/Convington for Kawhi and THEN add LeBron, that team is going to be dangerous and probably the East favorites - but Golden State is unprecedented. 

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So I leave for an hour and come back thinking there's good discussion going on.

Nope.

I see LarBrd throwing his Philly pride around here  ::)  :P

You know if this was the other way around (switched teams, same player) LarBrd would be praising Jaylen and calling Fultz a bust  :P

Also Fultz + 10 + Covington is definitely beatable. Fultz can be a piece but there's no way RIGHT NOW he can be a primary piece in a trade for a star.

Fultz will never be a good player in this league