Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121536 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #600 on: June 27, 2018, 07:39:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

https://twitter.com/AlvaroNBAMartin/status/1012008491073105920

Spurs must be bluffing to keep the price high.

I'd be delighted to have him in Boston, even if it meant losing Brown.

« Reply #601 on: June 27, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Have a feeling San Antonio doesn't make a move on Kawhi until after the major players in free agency make their decisions. Just don't see San Antonio doing a team like Cleveland, Philly or the Lakers a favor by moving Kawhi early hence making landing another major free agent easier for them.

If for instance Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, then maybe Kawhi gets dealt to LAL. If either George or Paul land in LAL with Lebron, maybe SA sends Kawhi east. And so on. I just don't see SA dealing Kawhi to a team to make it easy for them to create another superteam.

« Reply #602 on: June 27, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Have a feeling San Antonio doesn't make a move on Kawhi until after the major players in free agency make their decisions. Just don't see San Antonio doing a team like Cleveland, Philly or the Lakers a favor by moving Kawhi early hence making landing another major free agent easier for them.

If for instance Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, then maybe Kawhi gets dealt to LAL. If either George or Paul land in LAL with Lebron, maybe SA sends Kawhi east. And so on. I just don't see SA dealing Kawhi to a team to make it easy for them to create another superteam.

Good point but IMO it works both ways. Didn't they say last year that if only Kyrie had said earlier he wanted out, Cavs could have got a better deal?

« Reply #603 on: June 27, 2018, 07:54:04 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

Good point but IMO it works both ways. Didn't they say last year that if only Kyrie had said earlier he wanted out, Cavs could have got a better deal?
both of you have good points but, in regards to Greece, one difference is Kyrie didn't only have one year remaining, nor did he only have reportedly one team he would be signing with after the contracts up 

« Reply #604 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Good point, and I agree to an extent. The quibble I have is with LAL. LAL may be the most willing to deal something "good" for Kawhi, in an effort to entice others to join. SAS will have to consider what they might get when their are multiple teams "bidding" for Kawhi at the start of the summer vs when there's one team out east left with space to take Kawhi at the end of the summer.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #605 on: June 27, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think they buckle and send him to the Lakers

« Reply #606 on: June 27, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Think they buckle and send him to the Lakers

I don't. I think they'll take the best offer for their team. If they do send him to LAL, I can see them waiting until free agency plays out. If LAL doesn't get 'Bron or PG (especially PG given how sure they were they could just wait on him for a year), they may offer more to secure Kawhi now rather than wait for next season.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #607 on: June 27, 2018, 08:43:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783314-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-celtics-spurs-talks-have-gone-nowhere

Good. He’s not worth the price, especially given the risks of losing him.

« Reply #608 on: June 27, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783314-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-celtics-spurs-talks-have-gone-nowhere

Thank god.

Giving up Jaylen for a rental is stupid. Same deal with any of our max guys in a package (Kyrie or Hayward). Just walk away Danny!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #609 on: June 27, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Thank god.

Giving up Jaylen for a rental is stupid. Same deal with any of our max guys in a package (Kyrie or Hayward). Just walk away Danny!
https://youtu.be/XPY5P0TaC4k

« Reply #611 on: June 27, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I think it be Philly or staying at San Antonio..i thought boston but now, i dont..dont want to give 3-4 players for a rental
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #612 on: June 27, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm surprised we haven't heard NY much in Kawhi trade rumors. Pretty sure his camp mentioned NY as a place he'd love to play (long term) and NY is obviously a big market. They have the assets to pull it off (maybe not better than Lakers if they offer Kuzma + Ingram + something, but the Knicks are in the East).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #613 on: June 27, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Best news of the day.

LOL ....good old DA low balled them with his first salvo .....

Nobody will pay what Lakers will.....s their MO.   ...buy what we need ...money is no proble,.....buying free agents to rebuild at any cost.

If Kawhi won't asure DA he ll stay a while ....no way the owners give up Rozier  , or Brown for a years  rental .   

I would never say Danny is finished .  yet anyway . 

Lakers would trade evrybody they got  for even one year shot of Cp3 Kawhi George.

« Reply #614 on: June 27, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Not worth giving up that package for a one-year rental. And I don't even know if he can replicate his pre-injury stats performance again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)