Author Topic: USC at Cal on Fox Sports 1 Right Now- Brown and Rabb  (Read 2028 times)

Re: USC at Cal on Fox Sports 1 Right Now- Brown and Rabb
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I agree on the shooting strooke but I disagree on the handle. I dont see anything special or explosive about his handle. I think shooting is important but its not the only thing. I mean there are plenty of guys who struggle to shoot coming in the league. We wouldnt have drafted LeBron based on this thought.

In terms of at the rim Im taking Brown and its not even close. Ingram cant create seperation at the rim. He has length but he cant finish over people. He gets very little lift at the rim from what i have seen.  I think he is going to have to use that length because I dont think he is a special athelete that can keep up with guys.

i think he can be very good but I dont see a slam dunk.

What do you prefer about Ingram?

I love that people are so in love with Ingram because I want Brown. I think he is a better player. He isnt as smooth or can shoot it as well as Ingram but I think he offers more as an overall player. I havent watched a player more closely than Brown all year and I can say the thing i look for most is has this player gotten better and without a doubt he has.

i think Brown's weaknesses are clear but I think they are ones that can be worked on and have been worked on.

I strongly prefer Ingram, but I probably like Brown more than most, and like you, he's probably the guy I've watched most this year. The improvement has been very obvious over the course of the season too. I'm also encouraged by his shot; it doesn't fall enough, but it's not ugly or broken like Simmons'.

Offensive Skills:
Ingram is a natural shooter with a buttery stroke. His handles are superior as well. His skills on the perimeter are exactly what we need in a perimeter oriented offense in a perimeter oriented league.

Length:
Ingram's cartoon-like length is a game changer on both ends. It offers him a huge advantage at the rim and helping him to get his shot off over any defender.

Defensive Potential:
Brown has amazing potential on the defensive end due to his strength and athleticism, but I think Ingram has even more potential due to his length; he could be a 1.5 steal 1.5 block guy.

Overall, I really like both guys, and I think they both have superstar potential, but I think Ingram's combination of incredible skill and amazing physical gifts make him the better prospect.