Author Topic: NBA First Team: Tatum or Edwards?  (Read 9911 times)

Re: NBA First Team: Tatum or Edwards?
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2024, 11:34:36 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
When are the all nba teams announced?

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2024, 01:04:19 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
When are the all nba teams announced?

May 22nd

All Rookie teams will be May 20th. All Defensive teams on May 21.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2024, 04:10:16 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
It is fun to debate these things.  Anthony Edwards is good.  I still take Tatum if I am building a team.  I suspect most coaches would rather have Tatum.

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2024, 04:20:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It is fun to debate these things.  Anthony Edwards is good.  I still take Tatum if I am building a team.  I suspect most coaches would rather have Tatum.

I think most GMs would rather have Edwards, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2024, 04:31:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424

I don't think there is much of a difference between the two of them at this point.

I said in the playoff thread last night. I see Ant now on a comparable level as Kobe when the Lakers were winning their three peat. I see on a par with 2001 and 2002 Kobe. I think Ant has already surpassed 2000 level Kobe Bryant.

Anthony Edwards is incredible. To already be performing at that level and with so much of his career ahead of him. That would be a tough choice to make between Ant and Tatum. Even as good as Tatum is. And I don't Tatum gets enough credit for how good he is.

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2024, 04:35:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Ant = 31ppg on 64.8% TS% against PHX
Ant = 33.2ppg 69.8% TS% against DEN

The guy is not just putting up numbers out there. He is dropping huge scoring nights with massive efficiency. He is doing it while rebounding the ball at an above average rate and passing the ball a an above average rate. He is playing very good defense. He is leading his team through force of character and by example. His effort is outstanding. Fearlessness. He is inspiring people around him.

For a guy this young, only 22 years old, to be performing at this level in the playoffs is incredible. Not just the scoring. The two way play. The well-rounded game. And the leadership. He is the total package.

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2024, 04:57:19 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I think most GMs would rather have Edwards, though.

I'd definitely take Tatum as I think it's harder to find his archetype than Ant's. Ant is very obviously reaching superstar status, but I think it's easier to find a scoring guard to pair with the likes of somebody like Tatum (Brown, Mitchell, Brunson, etc) than it is to find a big scoring two-way wing who has always been a winner

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2024, 05:24:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
“Hi, First time long time caller. Ant Edwards just lost two home games in a row after going up 2-0. Does he have that killer instinct? I’ll hang up and listen”
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller