Author Topic: Knicks open to trading anyone except porzingis and knox  (Read 1186 times)

Knicks open to trading anyone except porzingis and knox
« on: January 24, 2019, 06:55:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
In an unsurprising development, the Knicks have made Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee available via trade in advance of the February 7 deadline, three sources tell Marc Stein of The New York Times. The decision is largely financially motivated, Stein adds.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/01/knicks-make-tim-hardaway-courtney-lee-available.html?fv-home=true&post-id=117022

Howard Beck of Bleacher Report says he gets the impression the Knicks would be willing to trade “just about everyone not named Kristaps (Porzingis) or Kevin (Knox)” if it helps clear the team’s books for this summer (Twitter link).
After Enes Kanter told the Knicks to play him or “get me out of here,” head coach David Fizdale responded to his veteran center and downplayed the idea that the situation will cause any distractions for the team. Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic has the full quotes from Fizdale.
Vorkunov also relays the latest comments from Kanter, who took exception with being grouped in with veterans like Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas when Fizdale informed those players – and Trey Burke – that their minutes would be cut. “I mean, Courtney and Lance, they’re 33, 34, whatever years old. I’m 26 years old. It’s not like I am old. You know what I mean?” Kanter said. “They treat me like I’m old. I’m not old. I’m 26 years old.” In Marc Stein’s report (linked above), he wrote that Kanter is expected to seek a buyout if he’s not moved by the trade deadline.
Tim Hardaway didn’t seem to love being thrown under the bus by Allonzo Trier in a Twitter direct message Trier sent to a fan. Responding to criticism from the fan for a defensive miscue vs. Houston, Trier retorted that Hardaway was supposed to have switched onto his man. “Oh, so he blaming other people, basically?” Hardaway said, per Stefan Bondy of The New York Daily News. “At the end of the day I think it all falls down on the team. Team defense, you learn from it.” Trier apologized for the message today after it leaked.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:20:13 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Knicks open to trading anyone except porzingis and knox
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
like have Enes or Hardaway but contracts are big..enes 18 million and Hardaway 17 for 3 years..so pass on them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:01:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Really? The Knicks have made their 33 year old SG available, despite him appearing in 10 games this season and having a $12 million contract next season?

That’s weird. I figured he was one of their untouchable core pieces.  I’m surprised that they’ve finally caved and will listen to offers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really? The Knicks have made their 33 year old SG available, despite him appearing in 10 games this season and having a $12 million contract next season?

That’s weird. I figured he was one of their untouchable core pieces.  I’m surprised that they’ve finally caved and will listen to offers.
Rofl.

I forgot he was even in the league, jeesh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They have a crappy roster.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
They are going to push hard to clear cap space because they still believe they can land 2 max free agents this summer like Kyrie and Durant. I hope nobody takes on those bloated contracts they managed to accumulate.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 08:22:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lame - this would only be a story if they were open to trading anyone...period. Of course their whole underwhelming, overpaid roster (besides Porzingis and Knox) is available!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
They will receive offers for Ntilikina. He's already an above average defender and can develop into a solid playmaker despite his shooting woes. If he goes to a team that has patience and great player development, he can be another case of a team giving up too early on a prospect.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
“They treat me like I’m old. I’m not old. I’m 26 years old.”

Well [dang], that sounds familiar LOL

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Kanter would be nice and probably pretty cheap, just can't really match his contract.  Real shame as I don't think he gets bought out, but if so, he would be fantastic to bring in with the MLE (if the team isn't going to make moves to get under the tax).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip