Author Topic: Kyrie feels safer  (Read 1949 times)

Kyrie feels safer
« on: November 21, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Isaiah was incredible but his game involved  initiating contact from bigs after explosive elevation, while Kyrie is already sliding away or putting up wrong foot shots at angles
.I was in awe of what Isaiah did and it was death defying, as he continually hit the floor hard.Remember his back bruise. I was always in fear of a sprained wrist that would effect his shot
I like Jaysons dunks better than Jaylens his elevation is much more manageable and his landing is safer.
Jaylen is ferocious and fearless but in Atlanta he got caught mid air tilted and landed  like a belly flop and was slow getting to his feet.I prefer those long floating layups with out the thunderous dunks and collisions
So durability is an important factor.Some players are built for contact but at some time it will become catastrophic=like Smarts early injuries-dislocated knee and fingers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:35:22 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Kyrie feels safer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I questioned IT's durability his first full year with us that he isn't going to stay healthy the way he is playing and came out to be right
and I agree Jaylen should learn to protect his body and Jayson is a more safer player

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8
I questioned IT's durability his first full year with us that he isn't going to stay healthy the way he is playing and came out to be right
and I agree Jaylen should learn to protect his body and Jayson is a more safer player
Do we really know that there is a correlation between IT being pounded and his hip injury?  My impression is that there isn't any.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:10:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Do we really know that there is a correlation between IT being pounded and his hip injury?  My impression is that there isn't any.

Come on man, there is a correlation. Point is Irving can be sneaky and quick where as Thomas has to go balls to the wall on every drive. It catches up to you.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dang! Ever play on the neighborhood courts where the rule was no blood, no foul? If you have then you know, IT's game is directly related to his physical problems right now. You can only get slammed down so many times before something major happens.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
IT got hurt running into Karl Anthony Towns in a typical physical play. That being said, Kyrie takes hits too. It’s tough for any small guy to remain healthy.

Probably why Stevens is limiting minutes so much this year!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 12:38:14 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I worried about IT's health, but never related his injury to his aggressive style of play.  That seems to be the case for super-athletes that play with reckless abandon -- like a Steve Francis or Derek Rose -- and blow out their knees. 

My friend's cat, ironically, had the same condition as IT.  Since he was around 2 y/o, he had chronic pain and walked with a limp.  Steroids and other medications weren't really effective, and the option of surgery (same procedure, minus human) sounded like it was far from a guaranteed fix. 

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 02:47:02 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
More skillful often looks/is safer.
...In any business.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 06:46:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Come on man, there is a correlation. Point is Irving can be sneaky and quick where as Thomas has to go balls to the wall on every drive. It catches up to you.

Agree 100% TP

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
IT seems to be a much more rugged player than Kyrie, but even rugged guys get sometimes get injured - especially since they are always looking for contact and, in IT's case, flying through the air around guys much bigger than he is.

Kyrie just needs to keep playing the way he has. Freak injuries happen all the time and Kyrie has had his share of time on the 'disabled list', but he plays a very controlled game and seems to want to get his shot off without contact (sure it will go in) rather than just merely drawing the foul.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
More collisions = more chances of injuries.  You don't get hurt every collision but it's just a matter of time before something goes wrong.

Injuries are just inevitable in sports.  I wish IT the best in his recovery.  He was an awesome Celtic. 

But I've moved on from him.  Kyrie is our future now.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
I worried about IT's health, but never related his injury to his aggressive style of play.  That seems to be the case for super-athletes that play with reckless abandon -- like a Steve Francis or Derek Rose -- and blow out their knees. 

My friend's cat, ironically, had the same condition as IT.  Since he was around 2 y/o, he had chronic pain and walked with a limp.  Steroids and other medications weren't really effective, and the option of surgery (same procedure, minus human) sounded like it was far from a guaranteed fix. 

TP for your wierd cat point! I don't get it but.... left field is still a position in baseball!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8

Statistically, yes. But this particular hip injury? Is there any evidence that this particular injury happen because of contact? Is this type of injury more common among contact sports athletes (ice hockey, soccer, rugby...)  than, say, badminton players?

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He knows eactly where the edge of the earh lies