Author Topic: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***  (Read 18546 times)

Re: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If the C's win 20 games the rest of the season I will eat my computer.

Dang it, just for this alone I hope they do (that, and despite how much I love Rondo I do still root for the team and want them to succeed).

I would pay good money to see you eat your computer.  Unfortunately you're probably right.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you've used this line in the past.  How about some creativity.

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I just don't understand the rationale of a person who posts a "Bash Rondo Thread" the day after Rondo tears his ACL.  Seriously, what the buck?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
One positive, and it really might be the ONLY positive of Rondo's injury, the complete lack of "Trade Rondo" and "Bash Rondo" threads that will be popping up until next year.

Don't hold your breath.  The insanity of this board knows no bounds.

I'm seriouisly thinking of taking a break from coming here due to the absurdity level that exists here right now.  And it isn't something I'm happy about, I love this forum.

you can feel the insanity but also enjoy more victories now.
I seriously doubt this team wins more without Rondo.

how can that be possible when we were on a 6 game losing streak and horrendous year so far with him in the lineup?? That's like saying kate moss can't get any skinnier

We are 2-0 without him against two top teams. I smell another winning run coming
Do you have ANY idea how many games this team has won WITH Rondo in the lineup over the years? Do you have any idea how bad his team around him has gotten over the years? Do you have any idea how long the rest of the season is?

If the C's win 20 games the rest of the season I will eat my computer. If they don't win 20 games the chances of them making it to the playoffs and winning more games ends.

If Rondo was playing I am convinced this team makes the playoffs. If they do not make the playoffs then I will be 1000% sure they lost more games without Rondo than they would have with Rondo.

2 Games, short term is nothing. The rest of the season is the real test. What is happening in those games the C's lost this year when Rondo isn't playing huge. Simple. The C's don't win those games, they still lose them. And those games they would have run had Rondo been there or because of Rondo, my guess is lots more losses.

I have a delicious spicy mustard sauce that goes really well with lap top, desk top, or even handheld, personal, tabletty type device.  I'll give you the recipe at the end of the season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I just don't understand the rationale of a person who posts a "Bash Rondo Thread" the day after Rondo tears his ACL.  Seriously, what the buck?
I'm shocked at the lack of class displayed here the last 24 hours.  I'd think it was a Heat Forum.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Do you have ANY idea how many games this team has won WITH Rondo in the lineup over the years?

Uhh, you realize it wasn't just Rondo winning those games?  To frame your question another way, do you have ANY idea how many games this team has won WITH PIERCE and GARNETT in the lineup over the years?  I hope you do.  They've actually won at a slightly better clip.  And now there is more talent on the roster.  When Rondo was out last year, Pierce and Garnett had to play at an extremely high level because the talent around them was pretty bare.  Not the case this year. 

There is still a lot of talent of this team and most importantly, there are enough playmakers to make up for the loss of Rondo's playmaking.  If KG had gone down instead, I'd be all doom and gloom because his defense is irreplaceable on this roster.

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 12:06:25 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
There is a small part of me that wants Boston just just fail now. The ONLY reason is so these anti Rondo people will see the light.

Alright.  What's the light to see?  That Rondo was a great individual player whose ball hogging ways is actually the best way to play basketball?

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Do you have ANY idea how many games this team has won WITH Rondo in the lineup over the years?

Uhh, you realize it wasn't just Rondo winning those games?  To frame your question another way, do you have ANY idea how many games this team has won WITH PIERCE and GARNETT in the lineup over the years?  I hope you do.  They've actually won at a slightly better clip.  And now there is more talent on the roster.  When Rondo was out last year, Pierce and Garnett had to play at an extremely high level because the talent around them was pretty bare.  Not the case this year. 

There is still a lot of talent of this team and most importantly, there are enough playmakers to make up for the loss of Rondo's playmaking.  If KG had gone down instead, I'd be all doom and gloom because his defense is irreplaceable on this roster.
Talent on paper. So far that talent in execution has been poor. And KG and Pierce are one year older and without Ray here to help.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:18 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton

Talent on paper. So far that talent in execution has been poor. And KG and Pierce are one year older and without Ray here to help.

That new talent like Lee and Green and less with Terry have been at their best without sharing the floor with Rondo.  I don't find it that much of a surprise that Lee's played better since he's been given more ballhandling responsibilities.  Funny that guys can play more to their potential when they're not just standing around and being spot up shooters most of the time.

Personally, I don't want to think about their chances for this or for that.  I watch for entertainment and these past few years, the Celtics have been a terribly boring product.  It's freaking boring watching one guy dribble the air out of the ball or hold onto it until one guy comes free after running a 10 second obstacle course.  No team has wasted so much time doing absolutely nothing than the Celtics have.  For offensive entertainment value, they've been up their the Kings, Bucks and Wizards.  It's been bad.  They've been more fun to watch without Rondo's individual brilliance because they've played more like a team. 

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 12:30:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo was a great individual player who had improved immensely from when he entered the league.  I was re-watching the 2008 Finals and in terms of confidence and skill-level, that Rondo was unrecognizable.  That said, I've absolutely hated how he's run this team.  The Celtics haven't been a team these past few years so much as they've been a showcase for Rondo.  Not even Lebron or Kobe has dominated the ball as much as Rondo has during this Rondo Era and to what end?  To produce a terrible offense? 

Re-watching the 2008 Finals, I couldn't believe how different the offense was.  The ball movement was spectacular.  It moved from side to side, nobody really held the ball for too long, not even Rondo and the action was decisive.  Multiple guys brought the ball up.  Hell, I saw Ray grab a rebound and dribble the ball up the court without Rondo running up to him and shouting for the ball like it was middle school.  There weren't any of those stupid 1-5 side pick and pops where everyone else just stands on the other side of the court.  Slow walking the ball up the court for no reason was practically non-existent.  I don't care if the players are older now.  Why does that mean there has to be less ball movement.  When is less ball movement a good thing?

The biggest gripe I've had about Rondo is that the ball movement is so much better when he's not out there. When you're point guard is the biggest impediment to ball movement, he's doing something massively wrong.

you just nailed it in the head. The defense was also much better, probably because the offense was flowing better and vice versa.

Now, every single time someone gets a defensive rebound, rondo starts barking for the ball. Every time.

Its also laughable people don't want the celts to succeed without rondo. Its like its the Rondo Celtics and not the Boston Celtics. We could win it all without Rondo , and people will still want him to start next year , with everyone else traded.

I don't want Rondo gone as much as the next fan, but he won't change his ways. And doc has given up on trying to get him back to the 08 days. Something has to give

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The whole, "Rondo is dribbling the air out of the ball and its all his fault" bellyaching is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Rondo is a runner with a team that doesn't want to run. He's running a system his coach approves of. He's playing with players that for long periods of time don't move off the ball.

He can't help it if his team mates have trouble getting open, have trouble performing the plays, are too old or unathletic to run a fast break with him or he's just doing what his coach wants him to do.

And he can't help it if a whole bunch of teams run a modified zone against the Celtics because they see what I see: no off the ball movement, a lack of inside out basketball, no fast break basketball, no low post options, and no regular, consistent three point shooters to be afraid of.

People really need to stop reading uninformed bloggers complaining of Rondo's dribbling too much and pay attention to what is happening on the court. Stop repeating stuff that you read and watch a few games like an opposing coach and see what is happening.

Sorry for the attitude but I'm getting a little sick of people spouting this BS off and not actually realizing what is happening on the court.

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 12:52:51 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
The whole, "Rondo is dribbling the air out of the ball and its all his fault" bellyaching is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Rondo is a runner with a team that doesn't want to run. He's running a system his coach approves of. He's playing with players that for long periods of time don't move off the ball.

He can't help it if his team mates have trouble getting open, have trouble performing the plays, are too old or unathletic to run a fast break with him or he's just doing what his coach wants him to do.

And he can't help it if a whole bunch of teams run a modified zone against the Celtics because they see what I see: no off the ball movement, a lack of inside out basketball, no fast break basketball, no low post options, and no regular, consistent three point shooters to be afraid of.

People really need to stop reading uninformed bloggers complaining of Rondo's dribbling too much and pay attention to what is happening on the court. Stop repeating stuff that you read and watch a few games like an opposing coach and see what is happening.

Sorry for the attitude but I'm getting a little sick of people spouting this BS off and not actually realizing what is happening on the court.

You deserve my first ever LOL! With an exclamation mark no less.  Good job sir.  Why is the ball movement better without Rondo, can you tell me that?  If it's everyone else's fault but Rondo's for the terrible ball movement, why is it better when he's not on the court? Or maybe you don't think so.

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 01:01:49 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You deserve my first ever LOL! With an exclamation mark no less.  Good job sir.  Why is the ball movement better without Rondo, can you tell me that?  If it's everyone else's fault but Rondo's for the terrible ball movement, why is it better when he's not on the court? Or maybe you don't think so.

I keep hearing about how well the offense flows without Rondo, I think it looks fairly disjointed. Any ideas on why that great ball movement leads to fewer assists and a lower efg%?

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

You mean the ball movement was better for ONE whole game where they were playing their biggest rival, the team that hates them more than any other, the team that took them out of the ECFs, and a team they played on a nationally televised game?

You mean the ball movement was better that whole ONE game? Yeah, good luck sustaining that.

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I keep hearing about how well the offense flows without Rondo, I think it looks fairly disjointed. Any ideas on why that great ball movement leads to fewer assists and a lower efg%?
He doesn't have one because it doesn't exist BBall.

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
pay attention to what is happening on the court.

this is what i pretty much want from all
theirown perspective
i learned a lot in this place
but i also realize most people NEVER analyze a game by themselves
Well...

thats why i usually disagree with most.
but well i usually see the game in a different perspective.

in this case i agree rondo is somehow not the one who deserves to be bashed
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!