Author Topic: Westbrook threatens female fan and her husband  (Read 20945 times)

Re: Westbrook threatens female fan and her husband
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Even if you CAN handle yourself, it's a good idea not to escalate.  Never know who you're dealing with at any given moment.  Even if your Goerges St-Pierre, you aren't going to be much of a match for a handgun.

I have disarmed both a gun and knife before in real life, nothing makes one angrier than when someone pulls a weapon you, trust me.

Did you make them squeal?

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Even if you CAN handle yourself, it's a good idea not to escalate.  Never know who you're dealing with at any given moment.  Even if your Goerges St-Pierre, you aren't going to be much of a match for a handgun.

I have disarmed both a gun and knife before in real life, nothing makes one angrier than when someone pulls a weapon you, trust me.

But you have a military background with training, correct?  I'm not sure the average person with no such training should be attempting to disarm someone.   If they're smart, they probably shouldn't be trying to to escalate it to a point where the other person pulls a weapon on them.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
defamation?  Are you kidding me... what defamatory statement did Westbrook make? I have not heard Westbrook call this fan a racist. All the racism talk are opinions of the public from what the man said.

His only cause of action that is even probable and will avoid sanctions for frivolity is that he was assaulted by Westbrook.

Assault being the apprehension of imminent bodily harm intended by Westbrook and actually CAUSED by Westbrook's words and actions.. That is his only cause of action that will survive a demurrer or motion for nonsuit.

Relevant issues... how far was Westbrook from this guy, and did he or his wife really apprehend imminent harm from Westbrook?

Good luck with that.

He can attempt to sue for Intentional infliction of emotional distress, but he will need to show that Westbrook's action was OUTRAGEOUS.

The tort of negligent infliction of emotional distress is more troublesome because he needs physical injury to maintain that action. There was none.

I still believe this suit gets thrown out of court.

I can think of a number actions that Westbrook could file against this idiot in a counter suit.
defamation is the strongest case if he and his wife didn't actually say what Westbrook said they did. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip