Author Topic: Tatum: I want to play with Celtics my entire career  (Read 3251 times)

Re: Tatum: I want to play with Celtics my entire career
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
IT wanted to play for the C's too. If it was up to emotional fans being the GM, our current team would be IT, Rondo, Paul Pierce, and  kendrick perkins all signed to max contracts
That's true, but Tatum is the best prospect we've had in decades.

I knew somebody on this site would have a clue.
On the other hand, Davis would be the best player we’ve had since Bird.

Agreed

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2019, 07:58:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"Trade Tatum in package for AD"

"AD doesn't want to be here. Keep Tatum"

"Worth the risk or not??"

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
"Trade Tatum in package for AD"

"AD doesn't want to be here. Keep Tatum"

"Worth the risk or not??"

This is why Danny gets paid the big bucks, because this is one of those "make the decision you think is right, but God help you if you're wrong" scenarios  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 08:47:33 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Try to keep Tatum, but if the Pels really want Tatum then Ainge has no choice but to give in.

I think it would be a good deal for the Celts if the Celts get AD and not give up Jaylen and Smart.

Would you guys prefer Celts give up Smart and Jaylen plus picks for AD?

Or Tatum and picks for AD?

Of course other pieces have to be included for salaries to match.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I'm honestly resolved to the idea that when AD comes, it's at Tatum expense and for good reason.. We should be proud that we had an upcoming star that is so good that it will take just his talents to get another superstar... However, if Ainge nixes the AD deal  because Davis is non committal for further than 1 Yr.. Then I'm also good with the team we have.

This team will still improve if we jus roll out the same team except mook and Rozier in tow.. They are replaceable parts... JB and Tatum improves further and Kyrie entering his prime.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I'm honestly resolved to the idea that when AD comes, it's at Tatum expense and for good reason.. We should be proud that we had an upcoming star that is so good that it will take just his talents to get another superstar... However, if Ainge nixes the AD deal  because Davis is non committal for further than 1 Yr.. Then I'm also good with the team we have.

This team will still improve if we jus roll out the same team except mook and Rozier in tow.. They are replaceable parts... JB and Tatum improves further and Kyrie entering his prime.

True.

And don't forget the Memphis pick that we still have because it's a golden egg.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I love Tatum he is my favourite Celtic atm but I can't see where his place is on the team going forward.

If we bring in Davis, he isn't going to want to play centre full time so does Tatum shift to small forward? If somehow they convince Davis to be a starting centre...where does that leave Horford? Where does Hayward play, shooting guard? If Irving is still our point guard, the guard next to him needs to work extra hard on the defensive end usually covering the best offence guard on the team and essentially become a 3 and D guy, something Hayward and the Celtics won't want given he is a max guy. Okay so does Hayward become a high level 6th man? When in NBA history has a guy in his prime as a star been okay with that role? Ginobili is the only guy that comes to mind.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love Tatum he is my favourite Celtic atm but I can't see where his place is on the team going forward.

If we bring in Davis, he isn't going to want to play centre full time so does Tatum shift to small forward? If somehow they convince Davis to be a starting centre...where does that leave Horford? Where does Hayward play, shooting guard? If Irving is still our point guard, the guard next to him needs to work extra hard on the defensive end usually covering the best offence guard on the team and essentially become a 3 and D guy, something Hayward and the Celtics won't want given he is a max guy. Okay so does Hayward become a high level 6th man? When in NBA history has a guy in his prime as a star been okay with that role? Ginobili is the only guy that comes to mind.

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Davis

Easy.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
IT wanted to play for the C's too. If it was up to emotional fans being the GM, our current team would be IT, Rondo, Paul Pierce, and  kendrick perkins all signed to max contracts

Point well taken, but this situation is a bit different.

The guy we'd be trading for doesn't want to be here. The guy we'd be trading does want to be here.

I'd rather keep the guy who wants to be here.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Davis

Easy.

In theory yes but Hayward is 28 going on 29 and can't chase small guards like he use to especially after his injury. Life isn't NBA2K, Paul George was a shooting guard but now he's a small forward/power forward, there needs to be balance on a winning team and Hayward doesn't provide that next to Irving as a guard.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Point well taken, but this situation is a bit different.

The guy we'd be trading for doesn't want to be here. The guy we'd be trading does want to be here.

I'd rather keep the guy who wants to be here.

But one year of generational talent player!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 02:23:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I am pretty sure we can find a quote from AD saying he wants to stay forever in NO...

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 02:39:41 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I am pretty sure we can find a quote from AD saying he wants to stay forever in NO...

Here’s a good one from 2/22/18.  He doesn’t say he wants to stay forever but he says he doesn’t plan on leaving “in the next couple years or anything”.  Interesting to see where his head was just less than 1 year ago.  Goes to show how fast his/peoples’ minds can change.  Not too worried about the LA talk.  He wants to win and reiterates that in this SBNation article. 

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/2/22/17042000/anthony-davis-commitment-new-orleans-pelicans-contract-demarcus-cousins-watch-video-quotes

It sounds like he would have been just fine to stay in NO if they ended up winnning because he had Boogie there with him.  It just sounds like the guy wants to win to me, and he’s looking for some help.  No one wins alone.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:49:32 AM by C3LTSF4N »

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2019, 02:49:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Let's just see where Hayward gets to by the end of the playoffs. He either reaches a place where we mind trading Tatum less or he gets to a point where we can use his value in a trade for AD. May involve a 3rd team who wants a 1b type guy.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2019, 03:31:02 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Here’s a good one from 2/22/18.  He doesn’t say he wants to stay forever but he says he doesn’t plan on leaving “in the next couple years or anything”.  Interesting to see where his head was just less than 1 year ago.  Goes to show how fast his/peoples’ minds can change.  Not too worried about the LA talk.  He wants to win and reiterates that in this SBNation article. 

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/2/22/17042000/anthony-davis-commitment-new-orleans-pelicans-contract-demarcus-cousins-watch-video-quotes

It sounds like he would have been just fine to stay in NO if they ended up winnning because he had Boogie there with him.  It just sounds like the guy wants to win to me, and he’s looking for some help.  No one wins alone.

Just to be clear i didn't post it against JT. But this kind of comments/quotes are what the player has to say whether he believes it or not.