Author Topic: Is there anyway of getting Mo Bamba off Magic?  (Read 2828 times)

Re: Is there anyway of getting Mo Bamba off Magic?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 08:40:46 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
If I am giving up a big package, then I need more of a guarantee. One of last year’s crop of rookie centers would be more interesting. Not that any of them are available, but Jaylen is a pretty enticing piece if that’s what you are willing to give up.

I never suggested giving up Jaylen in my post, as Who alluded to Bamba is too much of an unknown quantity, what I suggested was Memphis pick, Celtic pick, Robert Williams and Langford...which I think is very fair. Bamba is the only young centre that would even be discussed in a trade as JJJ, Ayton, Towns are all untradeable for their teams IMO.

He is a work in progress but he has already remade his shot working with Drew Hanlen and has worked with Embiid on his post moves...I am not suggesting making him our starting centre right away but we have a much more open window (Vucevic) and brighter future than the Magic and he would fit our timeline more than then the Memphis pick which most probably won't be conveyed till 2021.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If I am giving up a big package, then I need more of a guarantee. One of last year’s crop of rookie centers would be more interesting. Not that any of them are available, but Jaylen is a pretty enticing piece if that’s what you are willing to give up.

I never suggested giving up Jaylen in my post, as Who alluded to Bamba is too much of an unknown quantity, what I suggested was Memphis pick, Celtic pick, Robert Williams and Langford...which I think is very fair. Bamba is the only young centre that would even be discussed in a trade as JJJ, Ayton, Towns are all untradeable for their teams IMO.

He is a work in progress but he has already remade his shot working with Drew Hanlen and has worked with Embiid on his post moves...I am not suggesting making him our starting centre right away but we have a much more open window (Vucevic) and brighter future than the Magic and he would fit our timeline more than then the Memphis pick which most probably won't be conveyed till 2021.
So you would practically give 3 1st rounders (Memphis pick that by itself is more worth than Bamba, 14th and 25th) for Bamba who has a bust lacque painted over him.
That is a huge overpay for the guy who looks 2 years away.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 08:58:24 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The Celtics need to find a big man with a high defensive IQ.  From what I've read, Bamba struggles as a team defender.  The last thing I want is to see missed rotations from our starting Center, especially if Walker, Brown, Tatum, and Hayward are 100% committed to the defensive scheme.  We already have RWIII as an upside play.

I'm concerned about the team developing bad defensive habits if the front court is consistently making mistakes.