Author Topic: Remember When We Had Fultz Week On This Blog? How Time Flies  (Read 5690 times)

Re: Remember When We Had Fultz Week On This Blog? How Time Flies
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 05:51:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
While I do remember all of the hype surrounding and threads pertaining to Fultz like everyone else, I don't remember a specific week being devoted to the guy.  Unless, of course, I missed something, which is entirely possible.  Was it like the Celticsblog equivalent of Shark Week?

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 06:24:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I never liked Fultz, he had warning signs all over him.  Lack of winning, was a big warning sign for me in college a good player can lift a team up quite a bit.   The other was they were hiding him for half a year and when an agent does that it almost always means that they are afraid people will find out what they know.

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Fultz is perfect for the Sixers and is following the blueprint of sitting out his rookie season due to injury.  In all seriousness, I think Embiid, Simmons, Fultz is a very good core for Philly but I am (and always was) happy with the trade.

It is funny about the two big trades Boston did, both trades may end up being very good for both teams.  If Fultz comes back and is good, Philly will be happy.  When IT comes back, CLE is going to be just fine and they can add another piece with the Brooklyn pick so they should be happy.  And Boston is of course happy with both trades for the most part (there are still the "we paid too much for Kyrie holdouts").

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
While I do remember all of the hype surrounding and threads pertaining to Fultz like everyone else, I don't remember a specific week being devoted to the guy.  Unless, of course, I missed something, which is entirely possible.  Was it like the Celticsblog equivalent of Shark Week?

There was a Fultz week on the blog lol, as I posted (check the link on this original post).

I never liked Fultz, he had warning signs all over him.  Lack of winning, was a big warning sign for me in college a good player can lift a team up quite a bit.   The other was they were hiding him for half a year and when an agent does that it almost always means that they are afraid people will find out what they know.

I will admit, there were times I heard "transcendental talent" and thought, "really?", because his team didn't win a whole lot of games even with him.

I still loved the idea of Fultz and figured he'd be great with Brad Stevens as coach.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller