3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 20291 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thought the Cs would win in 6 but I did not factor in that the Bucks would get call after calls, despite a lot being questionable.

I go back to when Boston was up 10 or 12 I believe and they sent Giannis to the FT three straight trips...Boston's lead dwindled. It is just a joke. A guy like that gets every call despite him not even being touched. Soft .
This is just nonsense.  The Bucks style of play is conducive to getting to the line.  The Celtics is not.  That said, the C's had 4 less foul shots than the Bucks yesterday.  Fouls was not the problem in the game.  It is quite simply Giannis is a significantly better player than Irving and while Boston has a bit more depth, the Bucks also have a very deep team behind their star.

Nonsense? Give me a break. A lot of it is when fouls are called and that dominated the 3rd quarter. Even the Cs players said it (Kyrie). It is hard to defend a guy when he gets bailed out constantly. There were like 6 straight possessions where he went to the line. Boston couldn't defend because they were call for a foul.

If you don't think that played any part in the loss you are wrong.

« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Plus, the Buck defenders are allowed to ride us when we attempt to drive to the basket.  I know what I am watching and this isn’t basketball.

« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Thought the Cs would win in 6 but I did not factor in that the Bucks would get call after calls, despite a lot being questionable.

I go back to when Boston was up 10 or 12 I believe and they sent Giannis to the FT three straight trips...Boston's lead dwindled. It is just a joke. A guy like that gets every call despite him not even being touched. Soft .
This is just nonsense.  The Bucks style of play is conducive to getting to the line.  The Celtics is not.  That said, the C's had 4 less foul shots than the Bucks yesterday.  Fouls was not the problem in the game.  It is quite simply Giannis is a significantly better player than Irving and while Boston has a bit more depth, the Bucks also have a very deep team behind their star.

Nonsense? Give me a break. A lot of it is when fouls are called and that dominated the 3rd quarter. Even the Cs players said it (Kyrie). It is hard to defend a guy when he gets bailed out constantly. There were like 6 straight possessions where he went to the line. Boston couldn't defend because they were call for a foul.

If you don't think that played any part in the loss you are wrong.
Did the refs let Hill and Connaughton score 35 points?   There's a reason the Celts were next to last in FTAs during the regular season and its not the refs. 

« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2019, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bucks in five is feeling like the correct call.

I will keep saying this, as well: the Celts aren't losing because of the refs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2019, 01:02:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I imagine you watched the game so you would know that the Cs had a ton of FTs in the 4th (when they were cooked) to help even out the disparity. It was the 3rd quarter fouls that really destroyed the Cs and the frustration clearly took a toll on them. This led to a lack of focus/effort - especially from Kyrie on Hill - that quickly put the Cs away.
Watched the game, what I saw was a team going aggressively to the hole and another team settling for floaters and long shots.  It was 82-81 Boston with 3:44 left in the 3rd quarter.

This is how the C's possessions ended the rest of the quarter

Miss - floating jump shot
Miss - 26 foot 3
Miss - 15 footer
Miss - 26 foot 3
Make - 2 foul shots
Make - 1 of 2 foul shots
Make - 2 foul shots
Miss - 25 foot 3

In other words, when Boston was aggressive, they got to the line, but when they weren't they settled for long shots and didn't make a single one.  Boston let Milwaukee take a 8 point lead by settling for bad shots.

Just so we are clear, on the flip side here were Milwaukee's possessions down the stretch of the 3rd quarter

Make - 2 foul shots
Make - 27 foot 3
Make - 27 foot 3
Make - 1 of 2 foul shots
Make - 23 foot 3
Make - Dunk (that put them up 11)
Miss - 2 foul shots

In other words, Boston was up 1 point with 3:44 left and each team had exactly 6 foul shots the rest of the way in the quarter.  The difference was Milwaukee was actually making FG's while Boston was not.  The game got away from Boston because it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn while Milwaukee was on fire.  It wasn't until Boston got a bit more aggressive and went to the line that the game came back a bit.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip