Author Topic: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston  (Read 6415 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52:56 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I think someone has had a little too much to drink tonight.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 12:53:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
After last season, I was so blown away by his performance, effort, work ethic, team play, defense, IQ -- literally everything. His potential looked seemingly uncapped, and however unlikely it would be, I thought he had a real and legitimate chance to become the next KD or the next closest thing and at worst a slightly better Paul George.

I've backed him all season through all his inconsistencies, troubles, failures, ups/downs, bone-headed plays and decision making, ball stopping, pathetic shot selection, horrific defense to at best well below average defense, poor effort -- basically all of his countless faults that have significantly impacted the team and its season in a negative way. I was born in 1983, so my memory and knowledge of NBA basketball prior to then isn't nearly up to par with most posters here, but from what I've seen, known, and remembered, I can't think of a single player that earned so much hype, praise, lofty comparisons to past and or current greats, such lofty expectations that were almost doubtless he would reach or surpass essentially unanimously by so many experts and excitement after such an amazing rookie season (especially considering his age and college one-and-done status)and then totally and embarrassingly faceplanted so badly that it's comparable to a Saturday Night Live skit by all non-Celtics fans and detractors of his.

Even up to a little over a month ago, I still wanted no part of the Celtics trading him and whoever/whatever else for AD. But I'm done now. Without hesitation I'd rather Jaylen Brown between the two and I think 95% or more of the Celtics fanbase feel the same way. Jaylen has contiuously and notoriously worked his tail off at improving his weaknesses and put in countles hours to make himself a better asset to the Celtics organization and the continued success of it. The worst part of it all, no GM in their right mind would take the pre-deadline supposed trade agreemnet between the Celts and Pelicans over the Lakers offer, not to mention a number of teams this offseason can offer AD a much more favorable landing/staying spotand the Pelicans a better offer than anything we could put up. A month ago I made a thread saying let Kyrie walk in the offseason and build a team through the draft and free agency around the supposed "core" of young guys we have. The center of that "core" to most people with knowledge was Jayson Tatum. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't trade this circus clown for a 1st round draft pick between the #15-#20 slots.

JAYSON TATUM......... Literally the biggest faceplant/bellyflop/loser/degeneration of an NBA player I've ever seen and by far, especially when you consider how highly he was viewed and percieved after his rookie season. In the offseason if we could find a team dumb enough to take on Gordon Hayward and his contract if we also threw in Jayson Tatum, it'd be idiotic and laughable not to JUMP through hoops to make that happen, nevermind Anthony effing Davis.

Seriously, who around the league has any faith, sees real potential, or thinks Tatum -- at this point -- can even become a serviceable starter in the league for more than 5 seasons? I know I don't. After this month, and after this hellish season and wasted time spent tuning into supposed entertainment turned sadistic punishment, get this kaka for brains outta here. I don't even think the Red Claws take him. No joke, if I couldn't dump this jerk off to another team and have become an even bigger joke elsewhere, I'd frickin cut him flat out. See ya latah bud, please faceplant on the floor AFTER the door hits you on the way out you goofy female hygiene product. Good riddance loser, go be a cancer in another clubhouse on another team and regress even more. Saturday Night Live is licking their chops right now already getting a skit ready about this total egative expletie.

Kyrie has been a bad influence

Tatum plays more unselfishly when Kyrie has sat this season

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 12:57:10 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
After last season, I was so blown away by his performance, effort, work ethic, team play, defense, IQ -- literally everything. His potential looked seemingly uncapped, and however unlikely it would be, I thought he had a real and legitimate chance to become the next KD or the next closest thing and at worst a slightly better Paul George.

I've backed him all season through all his inconsistencies, troubles, failures, ups/downs, bone-headed plays and decision making, ball stopping, pathetic shot selection, horrific defense to at best well below average defense, poor effort -- basically all of his countless faults that have significantly impacted the team and its season in a negative way. I was born in 1983, so my memory and knowledge of NBA basketball prior to then isn't nearly up to par with most posters here, but from what I've seen, known, and remembered, I can't think of a single player that earned so much hype, praise, lofty comparisons to past and or current greats, such lofty expectations that were almost doubtless he would reach or surpass essentially unanimously by so many experts and excitement after such an amazing rookie season (especially considering his age and college one-and-done status)and then totally and embarrassingly faceplanted so badly that it's comparable to a Saturday Night Live skit by all non-Celtics fans and detractors of his.

Even up to a little over a month ago, I still wanted no part of the Celtics trading him and whoever/whatever else for AD. But I'm done now. Without hesitation I'd rather Jaylen Brown between the two and I think 95% or more of the Celtics fanbase feel the same way. Jaylen has contiuously and notoriously worked his tail off at improving his weaknesses and put in countles hours to make himself a better asset to the Celtics organization and the continued success of it. The worst part of it all, no GM in their right mind would take the pre-deadline supposed trade agreemnet between the Celts and Pelicans over the Lakers offer, not to mention a number of teams this offseason can offer AD a much more favorable landing/staying spotand the Pelicans a better offer than anything we could put up. A month ago I made a thread saying let Kyrie walk in the offseason and build a team through the draft and free agency around the supposed "core" of young guys we have. The center of that "core" to most people with knowledge was Jayson Tatum. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't trade this circus clown for a 1st round draft pick between the #15-#20 slots.

JAYSON TATUM......... Literally the biggest faceplant/bellyflop/loser/degeneration of an NBA player I've ever seen and by far, especially when you consider how highly he was viewed and percieved after his rookie season. In the offseason if we could find a team dumb enough to take on Gordon Hayward and his contract if we also threw in Jayson Tatum, it'd be idiotic and laughable not to JUMP through hoops to make that happen, nevermind Anthony effing Davis.

Seriously, who around the league has any faith, sees real potential, or thinks Tatum -- at this point -- can even become a serviceable starter in the league for more than 5 seasons? I know I don't. After this month, and after this hellish season and wasted time spent tuning into supposed entertainment turned sadistic punishment, get this kaka for brains outta here. I don't even think the Red Claws take him. No joke, if I couldn't dump this jerk off to another team and have become an even bigger joke elsewhere, I'd frickin cut him flat out. See ya latah bud, please faceplant on the floor AFTER the door hits you on the way out you goofy female hygiene product. Good riddance loser, go be a cancer in another clubhouse on another team and regress even more. Saturday Night Live is licking their chops right now already getting a skit ready about this total egative expletie.

Disagree. Tatum has a mind of his own. If he's either so easily influenced as you mention or so easily affected by AD trade rumors, then he needs to have a more disciplined mindset.

And I don't think our best player has been a bad influence on anyone.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 6
Tatum thinks he will be traded for AD after the season, so he has checked out.

That's all well and good except no GM in their right mind trades away a top 5 player in the world for draft picks, G-leaguers, salary fillers, and the most overhyped bumb in the sport ATM who will probably only atrophy more and more every day that goes by. Except for his excellent shot selection and unquenchable desire to stop ball movment and chuck up contested long 2's which like most of this shots this year, have bricked to the point 10 houses have been built with them.

What p---es me off the most is after that amazing rookie season, the whole city had his back, celebrated and praised him, and he turncoats us and goes out to LA to get "coached" by our biggest nemesis player who starred for our biggest nemesis team. Ya, that was really some coaching job. Objective met by Magic, Kobe, and the Lakers, as this jerk couldn't even make Massachusetts all-state in high school basketball and in three years probably won't even be in the league. It wouldn't shock me if we couldn't get a heavily protected 2nd round draft kid for "insert epletive." Get attah here Tatum and find another trade because your once promising basketball career is in unrepairable shambles, he himself is an unappreciative, stupid, ungrateful, self-centered and selfish, entitled, ignorant, mentally weak soon-to-be nothing while in his mind God himself was a gift to Tatum.

Fingers have been pointed multiple times at everyone involved with the Celtics, from the brass on down to the players as the reason for their complete flop and painful to watch season that has left many not wanting to see or hear about them again for a long time. No need to point fingers anymore, it's been figured out, Tatum is and has been the primary reason for this catastrophe since before the season even started and it started with his star-struck jump for joy acceptance to go out and be ruined by Kobe. As a person Kobe sucks from pretty much all accounts, but he was a legit All-Time Great player, and singlehandedly and irrepairably ruined and outsmarted (obviously so easy your average 3rd grader could easily do it) this tool. Leave Tatum. Performance and actions are the ONLY currency accepted in terms of building a reputation and legacy. You don't have near enough currency for the transaction to stay you immature and childish weak-minded fool. Good riddance, I hear the plumbers union pays pretty well with overtime.

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:26 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk

Disagree. Tatum has a mind of his own. If he's either so easily influenced as you mention or so easily affected by AD trade rumors, then he needs to have a more disciplined mindset.

And I don't think our best player has been a bad influence on anyone.
This 100% and I can't believe so many people can't or simply refuse to see it. Everybody in D1 basketball, G-League, and especially the NBA is extremely gifted and talented. But to really succeed in the NBA mental strength and certain intangibles are a must. This clown is only gonna get worse, and it will be at a shocking rate.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 01:21:20 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
I think someone has had a little too much to drink tonight.

Sober from drugs and alcohol for over three years now, bud so I guess that someone is you.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This guy isn't genuine

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:01 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
This guy isn't genuine

Lame. Solid contribution and analysis to the topic at hand though. I'd give you one of those corny "TP's" everyone loves so much for it's positive reinforcing effects it has on one because they can rarely find it in real interactions with people, but......... Your reply was even cornier than the "TP" system itself. Tell you what, I'll throw you a TP when you're crying hsyterically like a girl after the Celticd get swept 1st round and Tatum's stock plummets further -- if it's even possible -- just to keep you from doing something drastic, insane, irreversible, and crazy.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think you really ought to relax my man. This is the second time you've made an incredibly reactionary thread - the other one was you calling for everyone to be kicked out of town.

There have been bigger flops all over the league, you just don't pay them enough attention. A certain Andrew Wiggins flies into the forefront of my mind. How about Jahlil Okafor? Michael Carter-Williams? I could go on for ages.

Chill out
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This guy isn't genuine

Lame. Solid contribution and analysis to the topic at hand though. I'd give you one of those corny "TP's" everyone loves so much for it's positive reinforcing effects it has on one because they can rarely find it in real interactions with people, but......... Your reply was even cornier than the "TP" system itself. Tell you what, I'll throw you a TP when you're crying hsyterically like a girl after the Celticd get swept 1st round and Tatum's stock plummets further -- if it's even possible -- just to keep you from doing something drastic, insane, irreversible, and crazy.
Way to go against site rules and come off like a super cool guy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 01:50:46 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:26 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
This guy isn't genuine

Way to go against site rules and come off like a super cool guy

The ban hammer is vastly approaching.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 02:06:50 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This guy isn't genuine

You're either going to get bored of this shtick or get the pistal47 username banned, but I'll say it's a safe bet the Celtics will last in the playoffs significantly longer than you'll last on Celticsstrong. 

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 02:07:31 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I Guess Celticsstrong has trolls now huh. In case you’re actually being serious: I understand the frustration, but the kid just turned 21 and has a lot of natural talent. It’s a post all star break sophomore slump, give him time. He’ll turn it around.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2019, 02:25:49 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
“Go find a deserted street court and just start chucking long and contested two's after paying some drug addict/alcoholic to play him one on one and keep his own self delusion going that he's actually an NBA player. I bet that junkie/alcoholic would probably even block some of those ridiculous and inefficient long bomb twos and I'd bet even more Tatum couldn't even shake that nobody and get to the basket -- if he still realizes and remembers that's actually an option. The boozebag would probably even work him one-on-one, considering he'd be "D'ing" up Tatum and having success while on the other hand defense and Tatum don't mix”

Ok....