Author Topic: Clemens had affair with a 15 year old?!?!  (Read 7580 times)

Clemens had affair with a 15 year old?!?!
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know there's been a lot of craziness in Celticworld and there's a ton of us that need something else to ponder so why not pile on my former idol Roger Clemens. Not only does Roger have trouble with the government for perjuring himself and with the people who would vote him into the Hall of Fame to cement his legacy as the greatest of all the modern day pitchers, now the family laundry is being put out to dry for all in the public to see.

In case you've encased yourself into a Celtics cocoon and haven't heard here's just one of many links talking about a 28 year old Roger Clemens relationship with a 15 year old country singing star, Mindy McCready:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/28/2008-04-28_mindy_mccready_weeps_as_she_confirms_aff.html

I've always loved Clemens for what he did here by actually putting Red Sox baseball back in the national spotlight pretty much to stay. I admired his warrior mentality and was astounded by some of his feats. Even when he left and became a dreaded Yankee, I still idolized him. Even when the steroids stuff started coming out I tried as hard as I could to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But then he pretty much blatantly lied under oath to Congress and now the sordid details of Clemens taking a 15 year old back to his motel room one night in Florida. Sure they say nothing happened but does anybody really believe that now that he is on the edge of perjury charges with a stack of evidence piling up behind him?

Being a father, this just disgusts me to no end and Roger is now on my...well ...let's call it the feces list. And once again we see that Clemens is running to a defense that makes no sense by saying she was a long time friend of the family even though McCready has never met his wife. Yeah, sure. Where does Roger and his lawyer come up with this lame stuff. When my kids were young they came up with better excuses for the things they did wrong than a grown up Roger and his high priced lawyer do.

All in all, i guess what they say is true. What goes around comes around and Roger is getting his comeuppance now.

Re: Clemens had affair with a 15 year old?!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No one, including the sources, is claiming that Clemens had sex with a 15 year old.  I don't buy the "family friend" excuse, either (although Clemens' attorney says Clemens' wife knew McCready) but let's not turn the guy into a statutory rapist when nobody with knowledge of the situation is claiming that.  The allegations are that they began an affair sometime after she moved to Nashville, at age 18.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Don't worry, I'm sure Mindy just "misremembered" the whole thing  :P

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Pass this on to Roger...
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No one, including the sources, is claiming that Clemens had sex with a 15 year old.  I don't buy the "family friend" excuse, either (although Clemens' attorney says Clemens' wife knew McCready) but let's not turn the guy into a statutory rapist when nobody with knowledge of the situation is claiming that.  The allegations are that they began an affair sometime after she moved to Nashville, at age 18.
With all due respect Roy, you can believe what you want to but I am not buying the "I met her in a bar and took her back to my hotel and nothing happened excuse". I understand you are a lawyer and guilty til proven innocent, but I'm having none of it. If Roger wants to sue me for slander then let him. I believe something happened.

My family is friends of a current Red Sox player and I've heard stories of some of the stuff that happens on the road and during spring training when the wives aren't around. And I'm sure you have too.

Now maybe because he met her in a bar, Roger thought she was of legal age and maybe she lied to him about her age and he found out after they were together for some time and didn't want to break it off. It is possible. But once the stuff hit the fan, no one is going to convince me there was no contact between Clemens and McCready and they figured it was all for the best that no one know about anything that happened to her before 18.

Also, in many states in the case of a teenager of 15 or 16 that has consensual sex with an older person and where there is not a complaint being filed by the child or a family member doesn't usually come to actual charges being filed. Maybe 15 would be on the young side of that but I have heard of such cases. And I know of what I speak. My wife is a sexual abuse and domestic violence advocate for a city and she's seen plenty of cases just like this where no charges were ever filed because of the consent and no outrage from the family.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

mom was unsure enought that she had to ask...

I would suggest that even if it didnt start until after she was 18, the fact that he laid the grounds for it when she was 15 is disgusting...

Although this is just another thing that will alter peoples perception of him because it is doubtful that anything will ever be determined conclusively.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the Daily News, which broke the story at midnight Sunday.

The story also says that sources confirm that Clemens wife did not know McCready.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/28/2008-04-28_mindy_mccready_weeps_as_she_confirms_aff.html
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Sadly for Clemens, had he just come clean like Pettitte or Brian Roberts, a lot of this mess would have been avoided. Instead, he stomps around and acts indignant and look where it's gotten him. This whole charade started over Clemens trying to save his legacy and has totally backfired on him.