Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 42421 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
The defense can walk home from Minnesota.

Or better yet, they can stay there

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The defense can walk home from Minnesota.

Or better yet, they can stay there

Voting yes here

« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:26 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If brady doesn't win super bowl mvp, its rigged

IDK about rigged.  Brady had more yards, but Foles led the game winning drive.

Foles also had a TD catch.

That play call ranks up there with the best of them in SB history.

It would seem more impressive if it didn't come right after the Patriots tried the same thing on the previous series. They were on the 1 yard line - it was gutsy, but the Patriots weren't ever going to hold the Eagles to less than 1 yard no matter what the Eagles did there.

The two touchdowns that weren't overturned for the Eagles seemed like they should have been. Regardless of what you think a catch is, both of those plays have been pretty commonly called as 'drops' throughout the season.

Horrible defensive effort - zero pressure on Foles, gave up endless 3rd and 4th down conversions. TB had an amazing game, but go figure that he completely blows it (along with Shaq Mason) when it mattered most.

Next year we should have Hightower, Edelman, and Cooks back. No reason we can't make another trip to the SB, but the defense needs to improve.

tl;dr - total bummer...

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2018, 10:40:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
HAHA TY Philly! Next season I will want you along with everyone else to lose and Bucs win!! 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Am I the only one thinking this loss doesn't sting Much? The 4th and 5th Superbowl win cemented bradys legacy and so this is sort of house money to me

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We punted 0 times, turned it over 1 time and lost.

yikes @Defense
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tom has played cruddy so far

Cue the stupid "Shoulda kept Garapalo" junk all off season
I too hate it when my QB only throws for a measly 489 yards
Well when Nick Foles outplays you.....

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.
Is it audacity to say what happened?

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

But I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right, right?
Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

If he'd had the game the backup QB had then the Pats win.

It's ok not to be a homer apologist sometimes.

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
Am I the only one thinking this loss doesn't sting Much? The 4th and 5th Superbowl win cemented bradys legacy and so this is sort of house money to me
I said something along these lines before the game and was nice and relaxed.  Then the game started and there went me being relaxed.  Of course I am disappointed with the loss but I am not that upset about it and I think that is because of the other 5 rings.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
yeah I mean every year of Brady's prime is so precious. It could easily be 20  years before we get  back to this point.

But at the same time, I havent been this OK with a loss in the playoffs in as long as I can remember.

In the Brady era I feel like every single loss has been more of a gut punch than this one.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I feel that way a little. Seeing the mortal enemies of the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins get their first is about as ok a loss as I can ask for

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I said something along these lines before the game and was nice and relaxed.  Then the game started and there went me being relaxed.  Of course I am disappointed with the loss but I am not that upset about it and I think that is because of the other 5 rings.
exactly. And I have the utmost confidence Brady will appear yet again in the superbowl. Lets bolster that defense and get back here

« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

That’s how I feel. The part that hurts is how winnable this game was, but the d was so bad...

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2018, 10:49:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Tom has played cruddy so far

Cue the stupid "Shoulda kept Garapalo" junk all off season
I too hate it when my QB only throws for a measly 489 yards
Well when Nick Foles outplays you.....

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.
Is it audacity to say what happened?

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

But I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right, right?
Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

If he'd had the game the backup QB had then the Pats win.

This is hilarious

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2018, 10:50:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No worries, NE.

You'll be right back here next year, good health willing.

If my Washington Redskins just make the PLAYOFFS I'll be happy.

#perspective

« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2018, 10:51:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Except I'm not a Pats fan, and don't really care about Brady at all.  He had a great game. I guess he maybe could have made a few more plays, but the loss is not on him in any way.