Author Topic: 2020 draft measurments  (Read 7333 times)

Re: 2020 draft measurments
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 01:49:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
So Terry's whole growing and gaining weight thing was BS?

You can't guard anyone at 6'2 170 with a 6'2 wingspan.

That's 2 inches taller than Kemba, with a 2 inches less wingspan and 15 less pounds.
Yeah, if he didn't gain that weight and height, I don't trust him at #14. He's gonna be targeted every time he touches the floor.

Not sure why some are surprised.

He was like 160 in college last season.  And is 170 and change after measurements

Not bad but still too light to be able to defend anyone in the NBA.  Smart could crush him

If Danny isn't thrilled with anyone at 14 and someone is willing to pay a price for 14. Terry (like 76ers).   Smart thing to do would be to pull off the trade

76ers like dealing with the Celts these past few years.  Tatum,  Thybulle .... they just keep coming back for more. 

Keep milking them

Rn the Thybulle trade is looking like a massive win for the 76ers - Thybulle has been a special defensive talent so far.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 02:56:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really disappointed in Terry's measurements.
Yeah I never thought he would have a negative wingspan :(. Still a very intriguing prospect though if his basketball IQ is as high as advertised.
Yeah, and if he falls to 26 I'd take him in a heartbeat. Will still be an elite shooter and a good offensive piece
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 03:55:15 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/?dir=-1&sort=HEIGHT_WO_SHOES

measurements are up

Good

Wesson
Marshall
Nnaji
Tillman (confirmed WS)

Bad

Riller
Terry
J Smith (no weight gain)
It's not as bad as Precious.

-Riller on some sites had the measurements that's been reported.
-Smith would be bad weight wise until you see is fat %. The guy is shredded. Still he is probably stuck at the 4 or as a small ball 5 for two years. Not a true 5.

Smith worries me because he has had all this time off and hasn’t gained from his listed college weight. If he came in at 235 I would have adjusted my ranking on him slightly but at 225 I firmly believe he will be struck positionally on defense .

Jalen Smith probably sees himself as a stretch '4' with good help defense. Don't think he has the body to bang with the big guys in this league as a center. Some mock drafts have the Celtics picking him at #14, I hope we stay stay far away from him. That 3-point-shot may look appealing, but I have more confidence in Tyler Bey or Paul Reed. I rate their defense a lot higher and they'll just have to work on their shooting. Precious Achiuwa is the most intriguing, but I don't think Stevens would use him correctly.

If we wanted a true center (and assume Wiseman and Okongwu are unavailable) then the popular Xavier Tillman is the guy to take.

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 08:03:04 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Yeah I never thought he would have a negative wingspan :(. Still a very intriguing prospect though if his basketball IQ is as high as advertised.
Yeah, and if he falls to 26 I'd take him in a heartbeat. Will still be an elite shooter and a good offensive piece

Agree. I still might take him at 26 (or maybe Bane if he's there). But taking him at 14 is probably out for me now.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Agree. I still might take him at 26 (or maybe Bane if he's there). But taking him at 14 is probably out for me now.
I'd package 26 and 30 together to move up to the late teens/early twenties to get him tbh. 6'3 in shoes isn't that small (his wingspan sucks but I still have a hard time believing that a 6'3 lad is going to be overwhelmed by opposing guards physically assuming that he isn't a twig) so he shouldn't be an IT level sieve if he keeps on adding muscle, and his offence is still really intriguing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2020, 09:43:38 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Tell you someone I have been really starting to like alot is Nate Hinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0vqvcZeXi0&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpcwDFxDWAE

Kids got Smarts Heart.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I'd package 26 and 30 together to move up to the late teens/early twenties to get him tbh. 6'3 in shoes isn't that small (his wingspan sucks but I still have a hard time believing that a 6'3 lad is going to be overwhelmed by opposing guards physically assuming that he isn't a twig) so he shouldn't be an IT level sieve if he keeps on adding muscle, and his offence is still really intriguing.

He must have Tom Cruise lifts in his shoes; he is the only guy who is miraculously an inch and a half taller in shoes than without!!

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I was on that Precious train before the measurements came out. Now....yikes. Maybe we look in another direction, who knows.
#JKJB

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2020, 12:26:45 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
RJ Hampton is the pick if we do not move up, I am 100% on board with it too.

Listening to Miller and he firmly believes RJ will be an allstar. He is actually starting to consider becoming an agent (jokingly stated) if RJ signs with him.

Gotta take a gamble on a star at 14 in this draft, 26 and 30 have high floor lower ceiling guys that can play right away.

14 - Hampton
26 - Bane, Woodard
30 - Oturo, Tillman, Njaji
47 - Nate Hinton
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2020, 12:43:00 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I was on that Precious train before the measurements came out. Now....yikes. Maybe we look in another direction, who knows.

I was surprised because he looks taller. But he's got legit wingspan and standing reach. He's not a playmaker so maybe his eye level isn't as important.