Author Topic: 10-15 range best bigs: Lyles, Portis, Kaminsky  (Read 17551 times)

Re: 10-15 range best bigs: Lyles, Portis, Kaminsky
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
please help me ,what is it people see in porzingis,this guy will be so abused in nba,his frame and shoulders worry me-he has bust written all over him-please don't waste a pick
He's very quick for his size. Can step out on the pick and has enough quickness to get back to his man. He just covers a lot of ground.

He also has range on offense. Can shoot from deep.

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
What about Damian Jones from Vanderbilt?  He is 3rd in the SEC in blocks per game.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damian-Jones-7211/

He got rocked by Portis when they met
and it looks like Portis is getting rocked by the Kentucky bigs today.

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
I would love to package our first, Sullinger and/or Oynyk to move up for WCS. With him, Smart, even Bradley we have an incredible defensive core. Then offer a max for a PF like Love, who seems to hate it in Cleveland. If we unload both Sullinger and Olynyk, we should be able to get back a future protected first.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would love to package our first, Sullinger and/or Oynyk to move up for WCS. With him, Smart, even Bradley we have an incredible defensive core. Then offer a max for a PF like Love, who seems to hate it in Cleveland. If we unload both Sullinger and Olynyk, we should be able to get back a future protected first.

Who is going to be able to stretch the floor with KO and or Sullinger traded??

Too much hype on WCS imo.  Put out KO against him on the floor, and he is suddenly ineffective around the basket on the defensive end.   Offensively he doesn't bring alot of skills to the table.  WCS is one of those flashy prospects but has ways to go before becoming a finished nba player.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 03:27:14 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
You know Ainge is going to take KAMINSKY, right? We can find another stretch 4.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
You know Ainge is going to take KAMINSKY, right? We can find another stretch 4.

Is going to take or not?

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
With Okafor, Towns, Turner and WCS likely going in the top 10, which one of (Lyles, Portis, Kaminsky) would you draft with our 2015 1st?  (10-15 range)

Trey Lyles - 6'10 , 250 pounds, 7'3.5 wingspan
Comparison:  Brad Miller

Bobby Portis - 6'11, 245 pounds, 7'1.5 wingspan
Comparison:  Chris Bosh version of today.  Quick, agile but not really above the rim. Nice J

Frank Kaminsky - 7'0, 245 pounds, 7'1-7'2 wingspan
Comparison: Mehmet Okur

Did anyone watch Portis today vs Kentucky? Over matched for a bigman vs the Ky front court.
I didn't see any "wow" in his game..

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
If we can't get WCS, I really think Kaminsky would be a good addition to the motion offense.

Kid is big with a stroke. Now .. There's no defense in our front court again. But id rather him then a guard.

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown

Too much hype on WCS imo.  Put out KO against him on the floor, and he is suddenly ineffective around the basket on the defensive end.   Offensively he doesn't bring alot of skills to the table.  WCS is one of those flashy prospects but has ways to go before becoming a finished nba player.

I respectively disagree. The reason WCS a is such a great defender is because he can go out on the perimeter and even guard some SF's, kid has remarkable foot work and quickness for a big on the defensive end, he's sort of like Smart but much longer and not as much of a strength advantage as smart has on guards.

I've watched multiple times in Kentucky games they run PnR and always Switch because WCS a can guard in the perimeter. Now he is not good on offense aside from Alley Oops... But this team needs a defensive big in the starting lineup. And him and Isiah would run a great PnR.

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
I like the Small Forward from Wisconsin Nigel Hayes, I don't think he is declaring this year, but kid reminds me of Khawi Leonard.

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we make the playoffs, we are just going to need to hope that one of the supposed 'Top 12' drops into our 15th-16th pick, which isn't a ridiculous notion. I am not crazy about any of the guys above (Lyles is decent), but draft expectations need to drop as playoff expectations rise.

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If we make the playoffs, we are just going to need to hope that one of the supposed 'Top 12' drops into our 15th-16th pick, which isn't a ridiculous notion. I am not crazy about any of the guys above (Lyles is decent), but draft expectations need to drop as playoff expectations rise.

Celtics imo need to make at least one trade on draft night (to move up). Or take a chance or two on euro players . Draft and stash

CBS won't be happy with 4 rookies in the lineup next season.

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't really care that much with tanking anymore 

I still hope we don't make the playoffs and barely miss it as we will surely get knocked out by the Hawks

But a lot of guys projected in the lottery are kind of overrated e.g. Oubre, turner, Porzingis
They seem inconsistent, injury prone or have deficiencies that would make me hesitant to get them in the lottery
Okafor, Russell, mudiay, towns, Stanley Johnson, Hezonja seem good but the rest are a bit sceptical now that we have seen the play a lot

In the 10-15 range I wouldn't mind getting Portis, lyles or Christian wood (but he seems like a reach) 
I'd hate to get Kaminsky seems overrated

But there are still a lot of other bigs projected at the bottom that are good
E.g. Hernangomez, dakari Johnson, mohammadou jaiteh

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 07:16:14 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum

Celtics imo need to make at least one trade on draft night (to move up). Or take a chance or two on euro players . Draft and stash

CBS won't be happy with 4 rookies in the lineup next season.

Actually I don't think he would mind having 4 rookies
As this season we had some veterans and saw a large trade turnover of a lot of our roster
At least with the rookies and young players , ainge will be less likely to trade away any of them
So a more consistent roster

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum

I respectively disagree. The reason WCS a is such a great defender is because he can go out on the perimeter and even guard some SF's, kid has remarkable foot work and quickness for a big on the defensive end, he's sort of like Smart but much longer and not as much of a strength advantage as smart has on guards.

I've watched multiple times in Kentucky games they run PnR and always Switch because WCS a can guard in the perimeter. Now he is not good on offense aside from Alley Oops... But this team needs a defensive big in the starting lineup. And him and Isiah would run a great PnR.

True WCS is a great rim protector and  pick n roll defender 
But he lacks the offensive game inside
From his 3 years he has not developed offensively 

I would like us to get a 2 way C for the future
As a consistent way of scoring for us