Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238733 times)

Re: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)
« Reply #1350 on: November 03, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
like how in the Claws game he was seeing the court and making spot on passes.   He surpaseses my expectations in the court IQ dept. 

« Reply #1351 on: November 03, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #1352 on: November 03, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
like how in the Claws game he was seeing the court and making spot on passes.   He surpaseses my expectations in the court IQ dept.

I agree on the IQ. He has great hands and is a great run and jump athlete. His passing is very good. The best part is he's only 21 years old.

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #1353 on: November 03, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Interesting note: the announcer said that Williams was on a 25 minute restriction tonight. This was not likely to be an issue for the Cs this year, but it is for the g-league team.

It may be connected to the syndrome about his legs. It also could be connected to his general stamina. Either way, I found it interesting.

Because of the back to back. Big club game today.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1354 on: November 03, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Hell never be an offensive player, but if he rebound and play defense, he should be a very useful squad player and possible starter at some point.

Re: More Robert Williams please....
« Reply #1355 on: November 03, 2018, 09:29:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Williams update. In a g league game he scored 11 points and had10 rebounds. Plus some impressive blocks.

Here is the video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnI9vX89_p8
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1356 on: November 03, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Sabonis killed Baynes. Don’t know why Brad doesn’t at least try Williams.

« Reply #1357 on: November 03, 2018, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Because he isn't ready. Just because he had 8 minutes of decent play in garbage time doesn't mean he is ready to play or better than the players in front of him. Stevens is a great coach and has developed some great talent. He doesn't think Williams is ready and he knows his physical condition, how he looks in practice and how much Williams knows of the Celtics offensive and defensive sets.

This is just another perfect example of Celtics fans wanting to see a new player play because they think that player is better than they are because the player looked decent for 5 minutes in one game in garbage time. How many times do we need to hear Free Mickey or Free RJ Hunter or Free James Young or Free Yabu just to find out that player sucks and is close to being out of the league in a year or two.

Not saying Williams will be bad enough to be out of the league in a year or two. Honestly I see great things in him. But he isn't NBA ready yet and may not be this year. There is nothing wrong with that. We just need to have patience. If Stevens isn't playing him during rotational minutes, there is a reason for that. That reason is Williams isn't ready.

Stevens isn't Doc Rivers. He doesn't bury first year players. Smart, Brown and Tatum all got good run their rookie years. Heck, so did Ojeleye. Stevens will play rookies when they are good enough to earn rotational minutes. That Williams isn't getting those minutes should tell you all you need to know about how ready Williams is. Heck, he is on a minutes restriction in the G League. What do you think that tells you about how physically ready he is for the big league?

« Reply #1358 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Because he isn't ready. Just because he had 8 minutes of decent play in garbage time doesn't mean he is ready to play or better than the players in front of him. Stevens is a great coach and has developed some great talent. He doesn't think Williams is ready and he knows his physical condition, how he looks in practice and how much Williams knows of the Celtics offensive and defensive sets.

This is just another perfect example of Celtics fans wanting to see a new player play because they think that player is better than they are because the player looked decent for 5 minutes in one game in garbage time. How many times do we need to hear Free Mickey or Free RJ Hunter or Free James Young or Free Yabu just to find out that player sucks and is close to being out of the league in a year or two.

Not saying Williams will be bad enough to be out of the league in a year or two. Honestly I see great things in him. But he isn't NBA ready yet and may not be this year. There is nothing wrong with that. We just need to have patience. If Stevens isn't playing him during rotational minutes, there is a reason for that. That reason is Williams isn't ready.

Stevens isn't Doc Rivers. He doesn't bury first year players. Smart, Brown and Tatum all got good run their rookie years. Heck, so did Ojeleye. Stevens will play rookies when they are good enough to earn rotational minutes. That Williams isn't getting those minutes should tell you all you need to know about how ready Williams is. Heck, he is on a minutes restriction in the G League. What do you think that tells you about how physically ready he is for the big league?

I’m so sick of people that keep saying this. Would Williams have made a difference tonight, who knows, but the fact that people keep saying we can’t base our assumptions on his previous garbage time minutes is so annoying. If you don’t want us to make assumptions based on his garbage time minutes then play him in a game that actually matters. It’s not our fault that Stevens hasn’t played him when it matters. I honestly don’t see what the problem is with giving him minutes in a meaningful game. The worse that happens is he messes up once and then you simply pull him and don’t play him anymore. Then fans who want to see him play will shut up because he gave him a shot and he wasn’t good enough.

« Reply #1359 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8

I’m so sick of people that keep saying this. Would Williams have made a difference tonight, who knows, but the fact that people keep saying we can’t base our assumptions on his previous garbage time minutes is so annoying. If you don’t want us to make assumptions based on his garbage time minutes then play him in a game that actually matters. It’s not our fault that Stevens hasn’t played him when it matters. I honestly don’t see what the problem is with giving him minutes in a meaningful game. The worse that happens is he messes up once and then you simply pull him and don’t play him anymore. Then fans who want to see him play will shut up because he gave him a shot and he wasn’t good enough.

« Reply #1360 on: November 03, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Dude, the fans don't know what's best for this team, the coaching staff and front office does. It's not their job to prove to fans that unused rookies aren't good enough to play. That concept is ridiculous.

What is Stevens supposed to do? He knows a player isn't ready yet. He can see it in practice, walk through, video study and physical conditioning but Stevens should say "Well I might as well play this guy I know isn't ready or better than the players in front of him just to prove to fans he isn't ready." Really? Is that what he is supposed to do? That's absurd.

« Reply #1361 on: November 04, 2018, 01:16:31 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I agree. Our interior defense is not good.

But when one team shoots 25 free throws and the other one 9, you have to wonder if the fix is in.

« Reply #1362 on: November 04, 2018, 01:20:23 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Kyrie might have made a difference, 27 minutes and only 12 shots. The 4th most shots on the team.

« Reply #1363 on: November 04, 2018, 02:32:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Dude, the fans don't know what's best for this team, the coaching staff and front office does. It's not their job to prove to fans that unused rookies aren't good enough to play. That concept is ridiculous.

What is Stevens supposed to do? He knows a player isn't ready yet. He can see it in practice, walk through, video study and physical conditioning but Stevens should say "Well I might as well play this guy I know isn't ready or better than the players in front of him just to prove to fans he isn't ready." Really? Is that what he is supposed to do? That's absurd.

That is was happens when you spend the whole summer putting an end of first round rookie in the same sentence with Russel.   

When one of the most open minded coaches doesn't play a player is means the player is not ready. End of story.

Or that should be the end of the story but the know-it-all-sports-fan knows better because he watched youtube clips and checked the scouting report

« Reply #1364 on: November 06, 2018, 12:49:37 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Awesome offensive rebound and dunk by Williams tonight.