Author Topic: Where would you rank these top 10 duos?  (Read 2451 times)

Re: Where would you rank these top 10 duos?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 12:26:54 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
1. AD & LeBron
2. Kawhi & PG
3. Giannis & Middleton
4. Curry & Klay
5. Harden & Westbrook
6. Luka & KP
7. JT & JB
8. Butler & Bam
9. Lillard & CJ
10. Embiid & Simmons
11. Jokic & Murray

HM: Mitchell & Gobert, Siakam & Lowry

I left off KD and Kyrie because we haven't seen anything from them, unlike Curry & Klay who have numerous rings
Yeah I don't think KD and Kyrie belong on this list as of now. We have no idea how good of a duo they could be. For all we know, they could be a total disaster together.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Re: Where would you rank these top 10 duo's?
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
taking off my green glasses and evaluating for this season only where there's just 8 games left and the playoffs, I see it like this:
1. Lebron & AD  (until he shows he can't carry a team with a decent supporting cast in the playoffs, he's still the best in the league)
2. Kawhi & PG -- Kawhi put Toronto on his back last year and has a better #2 in PG this year
3. Giannis & Middleton.  Giannis is an MVP candidate and Middleton showed he could step up as #2 last year
4. Harden & Westbrook.  too dynamic as scorers to not be considered a top duo
for me, this is the cutoff from duos you can almost guarantee will produce on the biggest stage from those that can suffer from an off night and cost their teams

5. Luka & Porzingis -- putting at the top of this part of the list because Luka has a major impact even if his shot is off.  KP isn't consistent enough to push them into the top bracket
6. Tatum & Walker/Brown -- Tatum when he's on can carry the team's offense and his D has gotten much better this year.  Debating if Brown is the real #2 man here based on his game this year (and since the return of the scrimmages) and his past playoff performances.  What helps the C's overall is that they can put 4 guys on the court capable of having all-star performances with JT, JB, Kemba and Hayward.
7. Jokic & Murray -- Jokic is the stud here but Murray doesn't provide the consistency needed and his D needs work.
8. Embiid & Simmons -- Embiid can be a monster but seems susceptible to head games.  Simmons desperately needs to develop a respectable jumper.  when they're on their game though, they're very tough.
9. Siakam & Lowry -- Siakam has shown he can step up as a #1.  Lowry finally showed he can make an impact in the playoffs.
10. Butler & Bam -- toss up between them and Gobert/Mitchell but give them the nod because Butler is the best player of the 4. 

Honorable Mention
Gobert/Mitchell  -- held back due to Mitchell's lack of D
Lillard & Mccollum -- dynamic backcourt but held back due to neither being a big man that can help on the boards.

Note: if not for injuries, obviously Curry and Thompson are in the top tier of this list
Another duo to consider that we didn't see because of injuries was KD and Kyrie. They'll likely be a top-10 duo.

One I wonder about is the return of the Washington back-court. How well will John Wall come back?

The premise was duos in the bubble, which apply to neither Kyrie+KD and Steph+Klay.

Re: Where would you rank these top 10 duo's?
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
taking off my green glasses and evaluating for this season only where there's just 8 games left and the playoffs, I see it like this:
1. Lebron & AD  (until he shows he can't carry a team with a decent supporting cast in the playoffs, he's still the best in the league)
2. Kawhi & PG -- Kawhi put Toronto on his back last year and has a better #2 in PG this year
3. Giannis & Middleton.  Giannis is an MVP candidate and Middleton showed he could step up as #2 last year
4. Harden & Westbrook.  too dynamic as scorers to not be considered a top duo
for me, this is the cutoff from duos you can almost guarantee will produce on the biggest stage from those that can suffer from an off night and cost their teams

5. Luka & Porzingis -- putting at the top of this part of the list because Luka has a major impact even if his shot is off.  KP isn't consistent enough to push them into the top bracket
6. Tatum & Walker/Brown -- Tatum when he's on can carry the team's offense and his D has gotten much better this year.  Debating if Brown is the real #2 man here based on his game this year (and since the return of the scrimmages) and his past playoff performances.  What helps the C's overall is that they can put 4 guys on the court capable of having all-star performances with JT, JB, Kemba and Hayward.
7. Jokic & Murray -- Jokic is the stud here but Murray doesn't provide the consistency needed and his D needs work.
8. Embiid & Simmons -- Embiid can be a monster but seems susceptible to head games.  Simmons desperately needs to develop a respectable jumper.  when they're on their game though, they're very tough.
9. Siakam & Lowry -- Siakam has shown he can step up as a #1.  Lowry finally showed he can make an impact in the playoffs.
10. Butler & Bam -- toss up between them and Gobert/Mitchell but give them the nod because Butler is the best player of the 4. 

Honorable Mention
Gobert/Mitchell  -- held back due to Mitchell's lack of D
Lillard & Mccollum -- dynamic backcourt but held back due to neither being a big man that can help on the boards.

Note: if not for injuries, obviously Curry and Thompson are in the top tier of this list
Another duo to consider that we didn't see because of injuries was KD and Kyrie. They'll likely be a top-10 duo.

One I wonder about is the return of the Washington back-court. How well will John Wall come back?

The premise was duos in the bubble, which apply to neither Kyrie+KD and Steph+Klay.
Ah gotcha. Completely glossed over the OP tbh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)