Author Topic: Hawks (24-45) at Celtics (42-27) Game #70 3/16/19  (Read 21574 times)

Re: Hawks (24-45) at Celtics (42-27) Game #70 3/16/19
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
It took Brad all the way to last minute to sub Morris out, smh.  Marcus "Minus" Morris

Dude has 19/11 with 2 blocks and fans are still ****ting on him.  SMH.

His shot selection is crap. At the beginning of the year he was playing within the offense. Now he’s hunting shots again. Potential momentum killer in the playoffs.

Not only that, but his defense awareness is some of the worst Ive seen. We almost let this slip away because of him just standing and watching.

« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
All I know is this.

If team get Davis the 2 guys I want on the wing are Brown amd Smart. The 2 way play of those 2 wpuld be a perfect compliment to davis and irving

« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow, this board is really coming around on Jaylen Brown. The absolute hate directed towards Jaylen that I defended him against to start the year was awful. Now everyone loves him.

A season, especially one with an extended playoff run, is long. Players and teams go through ups and downs. Just gotta believe until the end that the player will turn things around and the team will win, even when things look bleakest.

The 2004 Red Sox, the 2008 Celtics, and the 2016 Patriots taught me that.

Jaylen was having trouble with his role and was pressing. It was obvious. But the kid is dripping talent and ridiculously intelligent and has an amazing work ethic. He is too good not to be able to turn it around and he has in a big way. He is now playing the best basketball of his career. He just keeps getting better and better.

I still think Brown will end up a Jimmy Butler like good only better because he can hit threes.

And I still think this team is going to the Finals.

« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Wow, this board is really coming around on Jaylen Brown. The absolute hate directed towards Jaylen that I defended him against to start the year was awful. Now everyone loves him.

A season, especially one with an extended playoff run, is long. Players and teams go through ups and downs. Just gotta believe until the end that the player will turn things around and the team will win, even when things look bleakest.

Jaylen was having trouble with his role and was pressing. It was obvious. But the kid is dripping talent and ridiculously intelligent and has an amazing work ethic. He is too good not to be able to turn it around and he has in a big way. He is now playing the best basketball of his career. He just keeps getting better and better.

I still think Brown will end up a Jimmy Butler like good only better because he can hit threes.

When did the 2008 Celtics have a bleak moment ??

Hopefully some of these dullards will come around about Kyrie, huh Nick ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2019, 04:28:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Game 4, Finals, in LA, Lakers up...was it 26...and it appeared the series was going to go to 2-2 with another game in LA still to come. Then the Celtics waged that epic comeback and won by 6 to go up 3-1 and pretty much that was the title.

Also, that team was the team with the single greatest one season turnaround in NBA history and they won the title. They proved "anything is possible".

« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2019, 04:33:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Regarding Kyrie....even for those that for their own reasons are not fans of Kyrie...it's hard not to like the way he has played the last two games.

Me? I like Kyrie. He isn't even close to being my favorite Celtic, but I like him and think him and Davis with Brown, Horford and Hayward would make the most dominant Celtic starting team since the 86 team.

« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Brown seems to be playing much like he did in the playoffs last year. and that is a good thing. Maybe this team is starting to find its roles just at the right time.

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Anyone have an update on Hayward? Will he miss the game on Monday?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2019, 05:02:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Anyone have an update on Hayward? Will he miss the game on Monday?
The claim is he has a sprained neck but the sent him home either before or at half time. I wonder is he is concussed and is just trying to stay out of the league protocol. That looked like he got his bell ring on that pick play.

« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2019, 05:19:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what if Brad has been dishing out threes this year to save the legs and bodies of his players for the playoff run. The playoffs are a survival of the fitness.

« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2019, 06:27:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
All I know is this.

If team get Davis the 2 guys I want on the wing are Brown amd Smart. The 2 way play of those 2 wpuld be a perfect compliment to davis and irving

Brown is more complimentary than Tatum because he can play both ways. The Defense with Smart, Brown, Hayward, Davis and Horford/Baynes on the court would be nuts!

« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2019, 06:39:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Saw a Forsberg quote (I think?) that Horford is expected to rest 3 to 4 games during the remaining schedule.

« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Saw a Forsberg quote (I think?) that Horford is expected to rest 3 to 4 games during the remaining schedule.

I bet Kyrie does something similar.

« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2019, 07:48:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brown is significantly more athletic than Tatum, and seems to be more comfortable on the court lately, partly because he is staying in his lane, so to speak. Tatum still figuring things out.

« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

who exactly was hating on brown? i always liked him and JT but JT moreso. now if we lose JT it is a huge relief seeing brown playing like playoffs last year.  both have upsides. only player i see hated on and justifiably for years now is rozier. lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!