Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 47929 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
"according to a league source, Horford would like to stay. The source added that he’d take a more team-friendly number for next season if he can get two more years tacked on."

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/05/10/celtics-seeking-offseason-answers-draft-lottery-could-help-that-search/

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Well, if I was just humiliated because of selfish play from a guy 4 games in a row ending our season, and the fans keep pouring their love for that same guy to leave his dark shadow over the team for 5 more years...ultimately being the rest of Al's career...I definitely would send a big message to the front office myself.

And I will bet it goes right over Danny's head.

So...I think we've seen the last of Al.

First off.

He isnt getting a 5 year deal anywhere.

2nd....4 games is not going to influence any professional athlete as opposed to multiple years worth of experience.

Trying to blame kyrie for Horford doing something intelligent for himself professionally is really reaching with an agenda of kyrie hate

I can only ask you read my first post one more time to see if you can see anything that remotely looks like reality and not hate.

Otherwise keep on with the pursuit of what is slowly destroying everything positive this team has. This team is a giant mess right now because of one guy that gives you 22 points a game on an island by himself.

Good luck.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Also people need to remember its a contract negotiation at the end of the day. Is this a way to opt out and work with Danny on a worthwhile contract

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I still think Horford will opt-out and then re-up here for something around 3/60M (or 4/75M-ish).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
according to a league source, Horford would like to stay. The source added that he’d take a more team-friendly number for next season if he can get two more years tacked on."

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/05/10/celtics-seeking-offseason-answers-draft-lottery-could-help-that-search/

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Well, if I was just humiliated because of selfish play from a guy 4 games in a row ending our season, and the fans keep pouring their love for that same guy to leave his dark shadow over the team for 5 more years...ultimately being the rest of Al's career...I definitely would send a big message to the front office myself.

First off.

2nd....4 games is not going to influence any professional athlete as opposed to multiple years worth of experience.

Trying to blame kyrie for Horford doing something intelligent for himself professionally is really reaching with an agenda of kyrie hate

I can only ask you read my first post one more time to see if you can see anything that remotely looks like reality and not hate.

Otherwise keep on with the pursuit of what is slowly destroying everything positive this team has. This team is a giant mess right now because of one guy that gives you 22 points a game on an island by himself.

Good luck.

Team is a mess because we havr no rebounding.

No defined roles

Cbs handled the hayward situation terribly.

Team forces al to play at a less effective position for him.

Team ran bad offensive schemes.

Team has entitled players (tatum, rozier)

And hayward absolutely sucked and was a negative in both ends for thr majority of the season.

But yeah...its the best players fault exclusively.

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 11:56:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
1000% Yes.

As I said in the other Horford thread, I would be fine giving Horford 3-4 years in the 18-20M AAV range. I think he'll opt-out and restructure here for more $$$, but also to help the team and its luxury tax implications a bit too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 11:57:21 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
great leader, great mentor, i say go for it, also frees up some money!

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

First off.

Good luck.

No defined roles

And hayward absolutely sucked and was a negative in both ends for thr majority of the season.

Yeah, that sounds like Kyrie, Brad and Hayward need to go...something I been saying for a few months now.

Also Tatum and Rozier...along with JB, Smart and Al...were indeed entitled to atleast pick up where they left off last year... which was snatched away in training camp.

Oh, and you left the biggest one out...that rotten, pathetic defense they play.

As a fan of the NBA...their defense OFFENDS me, and because of the team-wide amateurish effort they give, I really wouldn't care who they got rid of at this point.

I kinda despise all of them for it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:16:28 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 12:16:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

First off.

Good luck.

No defined roles

Yeah, that sounds like Kyrie, Brad and Hayward need to go...something I been saying for a few months now.

Also Tatum and Rozier...along with JB, Smart and Al...were indeed entitled to atleast pick up where they left off last year... which was snatched away in training camp.

Danny maybe should have chosen a defined path but instead tried to horde it all..... hoping for all the moving parts to adjust

in some ways probably can't blame Danny ....that he went all in and waited for the River card.... and hit a blank. Very close to a flush but no cigar

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 12:17:24 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
1000% Yes.

As I said in the other Horford thread, I would be fine giving Horford 3-4 years in the 18-20M AAV range. I think he'll opt-out and restructure here for more $$$, but also to help the team and its luxury tax implications a bit too.

Agreed!  A restructure could also help the team in the trade market if Kyrie decides to walk.  The salary cap is expected to jump to $109 million next season.  Boston would be somewhere near $85 million in salary if Horford restructures to $20 million per year.  In turn, this would allow Ainge to make any deal without needing to send out much in salary.

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Love Al but wouldnt give him a huge contract..he is 33 or 34..still wouldnt be surprise he sign with Atlanta
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Depends how much of a discount he is willing to take

If it might turn out like what happened with Pau Gasol a few summers ago, I’d vote pass

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 12:56:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
"according to a league source, Horford would like to stay. The source added that he’d take a more team-friendly number for next season if he can get two more years tacked on."

Been saying this for some time. I think Horford likes Boston and will want to opt out and do like a 3 year, $55-60 million deal.

Part of the quote that Horford said in the OP was he hadn't even thought of leaving Boston. How, leaving Boston wasn't something he had even thought about turned into 50/50 he is leaving and it's because of Kyrie is baffling to me

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Love Al but wouldnt give him a huge contract..he is 33 or 34..still wouldnt be surprise he sign with Atlanta

He's 32

He'll be 33 at the start of next season, but that still doesn't make him "33 or 34"
I'm bitter.