Author Topic: Lots of FAs without a team  (Read 4038 times)

Re: Lots of FAs without a team
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 09:52:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Don't know if any of those guys would be worth the $2m vet min plus $6m in tax since we're at least $15m over the luxury tax. For someone who would be at the end of the bench. That's assuming they will take a one year vet min.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we traded a couple of our 'worst' vet FAs at the deadline and then picked up 2-3 players on this list (or G-League). I know there are rules against sending cash and picking up buy-out guys for second apron teams, but sending a 2nd along with those contracts might be appealing enough to a team. It would save a ton of money and wouldn't have much of an effect on our ceiling.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 09:54:27 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
This is where a 3 for 1 type trade could really help the team. On one of the NBA preview podcasts, someone was talking about Jrue and Derrick possibly being the two best defensive guards in the East. Their co host mentioned Alex Caruso.

If the Bulls season goes nowhere, like I expect, Caruso would be a great backup guard and a solid 7th man for this team.  Great defense. Decent shot.

The trade would be Pritchard,  Hauser, Kornet along with either Walsh or Svi.  If you keep Svi, he could realistically step in to Hausers role.

White Caruso
Jrue Svi
Brown Brissett
Tatum  Stevens
KP. Horford

Last 5 spots:

11. Queta. (Promote from 2 way to replace Kornet)
12. Banton
13. Sign Terrance Davis?
14. Sign Roby or Robinson-Earl?

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 11:14:28 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Don't know if any of those guys would be worth the $2m vet min plus $6m in tax since we're at least $15m over the luxury tax. For someone who would be at the end of the bench. That's assuming they will take a one year vet min.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we traded a couple of our 'worst' vet FAs at the deadline and then picked up 2-3 players on this list (or G-League). I know there are rules against sending cash and picking up buy-out guys for second apron teams, but sending a 2nd along with those contracts might be appealing enough to a team. It would save a ton of money and wouldn't have much of an effect on our ceiling.

I could definitely see them trading as long as there is no net impact on our cap number. Though it might be akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic  :police:

(Maybe one of the passengers might want a better ocean view before the bitter end  :angel:)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This is where a 3 for 1 type trade could really help the team. On one of the NBA preview podcasts, someone was talking about Jrue and Derrick possibly being the two best defensive guards in the East. Their co host mentioned Alex Caruso.

If the Bulls season goes nowhere, like I expect, Caruso would be a great backup guard and a solid 7th man for this team.  Great defense. Decent shot.

The trade would be Pritchard,  Hauser, Kornet along with either Walsh or Svi.  If you keep Svi, he could realistically step in to Hausers role.

White Caruso
Jrue Svi
Brown Brissett
Tatum  Stevens
KP. Horford

Last 5 spots:

11. Queta. (Promote from 2 way to replace Kornet)
12. Banton
13. Sign Terrance Davis?
14. Sign Roby or Robinson-Earl?

Payton has a poison pill provision in his contract so he would cost the Bulls $8m which is his future salary while his current salary of $4m is what would come off our books. Not a big amount but given that Caruso is at $9m you could do the deal with Pritchard and Hauser. Whether that makes the deal more or less attractive to Chicago remains to be seen.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
 Using the Fanspo trade checker. I couldn't get it to work with just Pritchard and Hauser. Still didn't work with Kornet added in. Took a 4th player.

It mentions the Poison Pill.

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2023, 04:57:20 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
What a list!

Is the league getting more hostile to vets?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 05:49:08 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
How does Terrence Davis not have a job?

Same thought. I like him as a SG off the bench. Can play a little D.

Maybe waiting for a team who will actually give him decent minutes to sign him..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2023, 08:37:20 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
How does Terrence Davis not have a job?

Same thought. I like him as a SG off the bench. Can play a little D.

Maybe waiting for a team who will actually give him decent minutes to sign him..

Domestic abuse, known bad lockerroom guy.
ok fine

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2023, 11:55:54 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Winslow was the name that surprised me a bit but I get trying to develop a younger guy. Not a shooter. But a skilled player. Is he healthy? A good teammate? Is he just toast?

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 12:30:36 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Winslow was the name that surprised me a bit but I get trying to develop a younger guy. Not a shooter. But a skilled player. Is he healthy? A good teammate? Is he just toast?

I don't think he was ever bread

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2023, 03:28:40 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I don't know. At some point I think he was certainly worth a couple of first round picks  ;)

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2023, 04:22:21 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
What a list!

Is the league getting more hostile to vets?
Effect of the new salary cap rules possibly? Especially if they're not going to play much, cheap guys are more desirable.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2023, 06:51:58 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

I don't know. At some point I think he was certainly worth a couple of first round picks  ;)

Ok ok...
DA says he may have been bread once, but definitely not with butter.

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2023, 09:49:25 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
At this point i’d like for Brad to look at JRE, Kaminsky, and even Austin Rivers. We need vets for this bench.

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2023, 09:51:08 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
Winslow, Stanley Johnson, and Bazely have been brought up on here a million times. A player like that has a role on the team. Problem for those guys, Lamar Stevens and Oshae Brissett got those spots.