Author Topic: My dream plan (please check my CBA knowledge)  (Read 2906 times)

Re: My dream plan (please check my CBA knowledge)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 04:43:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Jared Weiss of The Athletic is scouring the forums for trade ideas.  From his piece this morning:

The Celtics could toss in a combination such as Payton Pritchard, Luke Kornet, Sam Hauser, Jordan Walsh and a sign-and-traded Blake Griffin to potentially make the matching work

Are Hauser and J Walsh our two best backup wings? Am I forgetting someone?

So we'd lose our wing depth & our 3rd string PG. Essentially all our quality perimeter depth outside of the backup PG/SG (D White). We'd be down to 1 quality perimeter player off the bench. 1 quality backup big men. A 7 man team.

I suppose DEN won with 6 players.

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 04:54:04 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Jared Weiss of The Athletic is scouring the forums for trade ideas.  From his piece this morning:

The Celtics could toss in a combination such as Payton Pritchard, Luke Kornet, Sam Hauser, Jordan Walsh and a sign-and-traded Blake Griffin to potentially make the matching work

So we'd lose our wing depth & our 3rd string PG. Essentially all our quality perimeter depth outside of the backup PG/SG (D White). We'd be down to 1 quality perimeter player off the bench. 1 quality backup big men. A 7 man team.

And that HCA altitude
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 05:16:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

We could keep Hauser I believe. And I'm not sure what Walsh has done to make him our second best backup wing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2023, 05:49:04 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I don’t want to give up all those depth pieces, in addition to a possibly very good future player in Walsh, to upgrade from Brogdon to Jrue. Sorry. I guess part of me thinks that we’d never backfill the freed up positions with anyone good. Brad never does.
What are the depth pieces?  Hauser and Kornet, two guys Brad signed last time we gutted the roster because of trades?  Griffen isn’t even on the team.  It’s better to create open spots during training camp, when a few usable players will shake out, than the deadline.
Pritchard, Hauser and Walsh.

I just don’t see the upgrade from Brogdon to Jrue worth the lack of depth.

And also wouldn’t we then go over the tax apron or whatever to replace any empty roster spot?

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2023, 05:54:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

We could keep Hauser I believe. And I'm not sure what Walsh has done to make him our second best backup wing.

That's true. Unfair to put him there.

Just optimism I guess. I like his defense & athleticism. That skill-set. I trust it more than I trust the other guys (Svi, Brissett, Banton).

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2023, 05:54:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t want to give up all those depth pieces, in addition to a possibly very good future player in Walsh, to upgrade from Brogdon to Jrue. Sorry. I guess part of me thinks that we’d never backfill the freed up positions with anyone good. Brad never does.
What are the depth pieces?  Hauser and Kornet, two guys Brad signed last time we gutted the roster because of trades?  Griffen isn’t even on the team.  It’s better to create open spots during training camp, when a few usable players will shake out, than the deadline.

And also wouldn’t we then go over the tax apron or whatever to replace any empty roster spot?

No need to trade Hauser. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2023, 06:04:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

1) The proposal includes only one of Walsh and Hauser.  Walsh is more likely given his prospect status.

2) The trade puts us over the apron as is, but allowably so.  Filling out the roster would put us further over, to about the same tax level as last year.