Author Topic: Giannis Pulling Rank In Milwaukee?  (Read 5625 times)

Re: Giannis Pulling Rank In Milwaukee?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2023, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
Lots of criticism of Giannis.  What's wrong with saying he wants to see where the team is in two years and make a decision then?  I mean, the team flirted with letting Lopez go.  Who knows where they'll be in two summers?

If that was all he said, it would be fine.  That is all that really needed to be said.  It doesn't make sense for me to extend now due to CBA constraints and things.  We'll see where things are at in a year.  My hope is to play my entire career in MIL and to contend for a title every year.

I don't think it is helpful or necessary to comment on how much people are willing to sacrifice and to say he won't sign if this or if that.  Not a big deal by current standards for what players say sometimes, just unnecessary and not helpful.

As people have said, MIL is suddenly an old team with lots of questions.  Giannis is only 28 but starting to show some wear and tear.  I get that he wants to see how the team looks before he commits, he has every right to do that, but MIL would be smart to see how Giannis looks before they commit as well.  I suspect the MIL management is not going to say that in the press though.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2023, 12:59:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Giannis and Luka would be a devastating duo.

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2023, 01:38:30 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  It’s so hard to be the champ out of 30 teams. When I started watching there was only 23. So even if you were a cellar dweller so many MORE  franchises especially in small markets  at least had hope of building something much faster. Imagine all the talent if you took the best players from 7 teams contracted. Imagine some of the 5 man squads teams would roll out and how competitive the league would  be.

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2023, 02:44:24 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 980
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
  It’s so hard to be the champ out of 30 teams. When I started watching there was only 23. So even if you were a cellar dweller so many MORE  franchises especially in small markets  at least had hope of building something much faster. Imagine all the talent if you took the best players from 7 teams contracted. Imagine some of the 5 man squads teams would roll out and how competitive the league would  be.
Well, not really. The talent pool is much larger these days due not only to overall population increase but also increased popularity of the NBA which drives more young people to pursue basketball as a career.

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2023, 08:27:15 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
If by chance both the Celtics & Bucks have underwhelming seasons, the Celtics may have the perfect trade package for Giannis.

Being a small market team, the Bucks ownership would want to stay competitive.

———

Bucks: Brown, Williams, Hauser, Walsh + multiple (unprotected) first round draft picks

Celtics: Antetokounmpo, Connaughton

———

Milwaukee Bucks

Holiday
Brown
Middleton
Portis
Lopez

Williams, Beauchamp, Hauser, Green, Walsh
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 11:28:13 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2023, 08:53:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Fun fact, New Hampshire, Massachusetts & Connecticut have the highest number of Greeks as a percentage of their population in America.

———

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/greek-population-by-state#

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2023, 07:18:23 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Recently listened to Zach Lowe on his podcast & he has offered his opinion in response to Giannis’ repeated proclamation, that he isn’t signing an extension in Milwaukee if the Bucks don’t improve.

In Lowe’s opinion, if the Bucks upcoming season goes badly, they will trade Giannis in 2024. This is a significant (speculative) statement because Zach Lowe is one of the few prominent NBA journalists that rarely speculates like this.

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2023, 07:31:12 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 422
He will be a Laker in couple years..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2023, 07:56:23 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

I think what Zach Lowe is alluding to here is that the Bucks would trade him before he has a chance to become a free agent.

Milwaukee is a small market, and the team doesn’t have an unrestricted 1st round pick until 2028. It’s imperative that the Bucks either sign Giannis to a long term deal or get something substantial for him.

What’s hilarious is that while Zach Lowe was discussing trade partners with his guest Ramona Shelburne, neither brought up the Celtics. Shelburne being the Lakers shill that she is, instantly suggested the Lakers as a trade partner. Now all the Lakers need to trade for Giannis is blue chip young talent & draft picks lol.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:55:12 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2023, 03:53:45 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

I think what Zach Lowe is alluding to here is that the Bucks would trade him before he has a chance to become a free agent.

Milwaukee is a small market, and the team doesn’t have an unrestricted 1st round pick until 2028. It’s imperative that the Bucks either sign Giannis to a long term deal or get something substantial for him.

What’s hilarious is that while Zach Lowe was discussing trade partners with his guest Ramona Shelburne, neither brought up the Celtics. Shelburne being the Lakers shill that she is, instantly suggested the Lakers as a trade partner. Now all the Lakers need to trade for Giannis is blue chip young talent & draft picks lol.
Austin Reaves + 2025 2nd for Giannis?

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2023, 07:42:15 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Giannis Antetokounmpo in a recent appearance on "48 Minutes," a podcast hosted by former Bucks assistant coach Ross Geiger.

"At the end of the day, I am a winner," Antetokounmpo said (at the 23:26 mark of the podcast). "I want to be a winner. Contracts, fame, status, comfort zone does not matter to me. What matters the end of the day is that thing right there." Then he pointed to the Larry O'Brien Trophy behind him. "That's what matters."

"So as I said, if the Milwaukee Bucks are on the same page for the rest of my career, great. If not, I have to win. I have to win. And I think the city and people will understand it. Because I'm one of the most competitive guys, and I've given everything that I can for the city of Milwaukee. I bleed green. I'm actually wearing the Milwaukee Bucks [shirt] on this interview. I'm actually wearing that and the shorts, and I'm actually about to go to bed. So I'm a Milwaukee Buck. But most importantly, I'm a winner. I want to win. And I have to do whatever it takes for me to win. And if there's a better situation for me to win the Larry O'Brien, I have to take that better situation."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:49:21 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2023, 07:52:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Giannis Antetokounmpo in a recent appearance on "48 Minutes," a podcast hosted by former Bucks assistant coach Ross Geiger.

"At the end of the day, I am a winner," Antetokounmpo said (at the 23:26 mark of the podcast). "I want to be a winner. Contracts, fame, status, comfort zone does not matter to me. What matters the end of the day is that thing right there." Then he pointed to the Larry O'Brien Trophy behind him. "That's what matters."

"So as I said, if the Milwaukee Bucks are on the same page for the rest of my career, great. If not, I have to win. I have to win. And I think the city and people will understand it. Because I'm one of the most competitive guys, and I've given everything that I can for the city of Milwaukee. I bleed green. I'm actually wearing the Milwaukee Bucks [shirt] on this interview. I'm actually wearing that and the shorts, and I'm actually about to go to bed. So I'm a Milwaukee Buck. But most importantly, I'm a winner. I want to win. And I have to do whatever it takes for me to win. And if there's a better situation for me to win the Larry O'Brien, I have to take that better situation."

So you bleed green and you want to be a winner. Come to the Boston Celtics. You will bleed green. You will be a winner and you will hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy in Celtics green.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2023, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Raja Bell recently pointed out something interesting regarding Giannis’ NY Times interview, this quote sticks out to him.

“There will never be hard feelings with the Milwaukee Bucks,” he said. “I believe that we’ve had 10 unbelievable years, and there’s no doubt I gave everything for the city of Milwaukee.”

Bell noticed that Giannis used past tense to describe his relationship with Milwaukee.

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2023, 12:09:38 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 739
Well if Antetokounmpo is so dedicated to winning titles - and that is all that matters to him - then sign an extension well under the super-super-max he is eligible for and leave money available to the Bucks to keep some of their important current players and to acquire additional new ones. He would still be making generational wealth well beyond 95% of the population.

Otherwise, Giannis is just talking out of his ass.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2023, 04:21:41 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
Well if Antetokounmpo is so dedicated to winning titles - and that is all that matters to him - then sign an extension well under the super-super-max he is eligible for and leave money available to the Bucks to keep some of their important current players and to acquire additional new ones. He would still be making generational wealth well beyond 95% of the population.

Otherwise, Giannis is just talking out of his ass.

And then we crucify him for being uncompetitive and circumventing the rules of fair play by signing a below-market contract, just like we did with LeBron and co. taking below the max to sign with Miami.

It’s the perfect plan. So simple.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.