Author Topic: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings  (Read 47561 times)

Re: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2023, 06:49:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Suns with Booker/Kd/Beal and a bunch of minimum contracts would be interesting. can that team win with no depth?

Then again we said similar about the Miami Heat and they did just fine. But those 3 guys had different styles of play and had defensive identity.
I don't think what Phoenix needs is shot creation
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2023, 08:01:35 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Suns with Booker/Kd/Beal and a bunch of minimum contracts would be interesting. can that team win with no depth?

Then again we said similar about the Miami Heat and they did just fine. But those 3 guys had different styles of play and had defensive identity.
I don't think what Phoenix needs is shot creation

They need depth. Not sure why they don't see it. KD and Booker went off against Denver. Problem is that's it. It was just them

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2023, 10:11:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
I suppose Miami don't really need a PG with Jimmy and Bam there to do most of the playmaking. Beal gives them a 3rd playmaker. They got by with a limited Gabe Vincent at PG in the playoffs.

G - Herro, G Vincent
G - Beal
F - Jimmy, C Martin
F - K Love
C - Bam

They could play those two small SGs together in the backcourt and make it work. Not ideal though.

I wonder if MIA fail to get a quality starter in return for Herro in a trade would they be better off taking 2-3 role players. A solid PG and a backup big. Something like that.

I thought love may retire he is definitely not a starter either way

I had not heard about K Love possibly retiring. I thought he may have a rebound season next year and get back to where he was in 2021-22 shooting wise. He had a hand injury or something this year. Let that heal and see if he can get back to being a high end bench player.

Starter due to lack of viable alternatives. MIA have no quality big men other than Bam. They tried starting C Martin last year and they were getting beaten up on defense & the backboards. Ideally they would be able to trade Herro for a big forward to better balance out their lineup but short of that ... K-Love is the best man for the job.

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2023, 12:53:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
Sounds like Beal may veto a trade that includes Ayton. He wants to play with Ayton.

Appearently, Beal's agent (Mark Bartelstein) is the father of PHO's GM CEO (Josh Bartelstein). Close connections there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 01:07:15 PM by Who »

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2023, 12:54:42 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
If Beal can go to either of Heat with Ban and Butler or Suns with Booker and Durrant, why can he not come to the.celtics, makes no sense. I wonder if the Celtics are worrying too much about the new Cba. I mean the cap will go up and you should be able to get value for stars down the road I think they are worrying about the future too much.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2023, 01:39:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!
It's ridiculous that Miami might be able to acquire Beal for just Lowry, a role player + a bunch of future picks. Really? I know Beal has a NTC but still. Maybe PHO can get creative and acquire him somehow?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
It's ridiculous that Miami might be able to acquire Beal for just Lowry, a role player + a bunch of future picks. Really? I know Beal has a NTC but still. Maybe PHO can get creative and acquire him somehow?

Best guess is that’s the offer that Riley’s office is leaking to the press, not one Washington will necessarily accept.

But Beal’s contract is brutal from a trade perspective. It’s expensive, it’s long, and the NTC comes with it, so front offices are going to commit as little as they can in outgoing assets - even more than usual.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2023, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Kinda funny. People on this board worrying about paying Brown so we don't have 2 supermax contracts.

Meanwhile Miami and Phoenix trying to have 3 Max contracts on their books.

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2023, 02:17:44 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
If Beal can go to either of Heat with Ban and Butler or Suns with Booker and Durrant, why can he not come to the.celtics, makes no sense. I wonder if the Celtics are worrying too much about the new Cba. I mean the cap will go up and you should be able to get value for stars down the road I think they are worrying about the future too much.

If you wanna contend and win championships, you need to go all in, win-now, and pay any tax. If this is strictly a Wyc problem not wanting to spend, then he should just sell the team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2023, 03:17:25 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Best guess is that’s the offer that Riley’s office is leaking to the press, not one Washington will necessarily accept.

But Beal’s contract is brutal from a trade perspective. It’s expensive, it’s long, and the NTC comes with it, so front offices are going to commit as little as they can in outgoing assets - even more than usual.

Exactly. If that was a deal Washington was good on, it'd be done already.

Even if it's true that Washington doesn't want Herro's long term money on the books (which I doubt because it could be a valuable contract under the new CBA), they still should ask for him and flip him down the road.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2023, 03:19:36 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
HoopsHype said Ime Udoka wants a PG and Fred Van Fleet is his top choice..also wants Dillion Brooks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2023, 03:42:12 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
HoopsHype said Ime Udoka wants a PG and Fred Van Fleet is his top choice..also wants Dillion Brooks

Supposedly van fleet wants $30million a year

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2023, 03:54:13 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

If you wanna contend and win championships, you need to go all in, win-now, and pay any tax. If this is strictly a Wyc problem not wanting to spend, then he should just sell the team.

I'm not sure that what this Celtics team needs to get over the top is another shoot first guard who plays questionable defense.

I'm not even sure it will work in Phoenix. Miami makes most sense from a fit perspective because bam/jimmy/beal are such different players.

Beal just replaces brogdon here for twice the cost

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2023, 04:15:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Warriors expected to lose Donte DiVincenzo to free agency...hm he might be intriguing

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2023, 04:34:18 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I suppose Miami don't really need a PG with Jimmy and Bam there to do most of the playmaking. Beal gives them a 3rd playmaker. They got by with a limited Gabe Vincent at PG in the playoffs.

G - Herro, G Vincent
G - Beal
F - Jimmy, C Martin
F - K Love
C - Bam

They could play those two small SGs together in the backcourt and make it work. Not ideal though.

I wonder if MIA fail to get a quality starter in return for Herro in a trade would they be better off taking 2-3 role players. A solid PG and a backup big. Something like that.

I thought love may retire he is definitely not a starter either way

I had not heard about K Love possibly retiring. I thought he may have a rebound season next year and get back to where he was in 2021-22 shooting wise. He had a hand injury or something this year. Let that heal and see if he can get back to being a high end bench player.

Starter due to lack of viable alternatives. MIA have no quality big men other than Bam. They tried starting C Martin last year and they were getting beaten up on defense & the backboards. Ideally they would be able to trade Herro for a big forward to better balance out their lineup but short of that ... K-Love is the best man for the job.

Love is 35 before start of next season. He also shot even worse in Miami than in Cleveland (29% from three). This is the age a lot of his contemporaries left the league or became deep bench including Aldridge, Blake, melo, amare, webber, brand etc. kg had an effective age 36 season and him and Lebron are really the only power forwards I can think of. Love would be a preposterous starter next year for any team if he doesn’t retire.