Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 34871 times)

Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« on: May 23, 2023, 02:24:47 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I want to start a thread of Trades that we would actually make right now for Brown.  Don't worry if it's a little too much in Bostons favor, we can always tweak the Trade later.

I want to get the ball rolling on trades that would make the Celtics better now, or in the bear future. I think this first one is a no Brainer if the Magic want him.

Brown for Wendell Carter and Banchero. Maybe add Suggs or Coke Anthony if we can get away with it, but just Carter and Banchero and I'll pull the trigger.

Wendell Carter
Banchero
Tatum
White
Smart

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 02:39:58 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Brown/Smart plus whatever for Luka....Wish we had traded Brown for Donovan Mitchell before the season....Ainge might have bitten.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 04:16:07 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like Wendell Carter and Banchero, but I’m not sure Orlando would make that trade.

Siakam is a guy I’d like to bring in.

Toronto should be looking to rebuild and get younger. Both Portland and Houston could make that happen.

Houston is rumored to be interested in Brown and will be able to absorb Brown’s contract.
Boston gets Siakam
Houston gets Brown
Toronto gets the #4 pick and other picks from Houston

Portland might be interested in pairing Brown with Lillard.
Boston gets Siakam
Portland gets Brown
Toronto gets the #3 pick, Simmons, and salary filler.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 04:24:15 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Okay I posted this in another thread but I would suggest a three team trade with Atlanta and Washington, which I think benefits everybody involved.

Boston trades Brown to his hometown Atlanta (so they know he will resign), Atlanta trades Trae Young to Washington, and Washington gives us Tatums best Friend/older Brother Bradley Beal and pick #8.

Boston: Smart/Beal/Tatum/Horford/Williams III

Atlanta: Murray/Bogdanovic/Brown/Collins/Capela

Washington: Trae/Kispert/Kuzma/Avdija/Porzingis

Why for Boston? Beal is a mentally tough baller that could bring some energy into the team, he would also get the best out of Tatum, skills wise he fits better aswell, he’s a better shooter and ballhandle. And we get a high draft pick to draft someone like walker or Hendrix to replace Horford long term on a cheap contract to offset beals big contract.

Atlanta: They get rid of young and bring in the hometown kid in Brown, who would also be happy going there (so we safe face by doing right by him)

Washington: They get a fresh start and can build around the younger Trae, who is under contract for 4 years I think, they get out of beals contract

What do you think? I think this trade is good for everybody and I can imagine it would bring a lot of positive energy and motivation into our lockerroom in comparison to other trades.
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 07:18:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Okay I posted this in another thread but I would suggest a three team trade with Atlanta and Washington, which I think benefits everybody involved.

Boston trades Brown to his hometown Atlanta (so they know he will resign), Atlanta trades Trae Young to Washington, and Washington gives us Tatums best Friend/older Brother Bradley Beal and pick #8.

Why for Boston? Beal is a mentally tough baller that could bring some energy into the team, he would also get the best out of Tatum, skills wise he fits better aswell, he’s a better shooter and ballhandle. And we get a high draft pick to draft someone like walker or Hendrix to replace Horford long term on a cheap contract to offset beals big contract.

Atlanta: They get rid of young and bring in the hometown kid in Brown, who would also be happy going there (so we safe face by doing right by him)

Washington: They get a fresh start and can build around the younger Trae, who is under contract for 4 years I think, they get out of beals contract

What do you think? I think this trade is good for everybody and I can imagine it would bring a lot of positive energy and motivation into our lockerroom in comparison to other trades.
I would pull the trigger on this one. Taylor Hendricks would be a good long-term starting 4/5 prospect.

White / Smart
Beal / Brogdon
Tatum / Hauser
Horford / G Williams
Williams 3 / Hendricks

Rock it with a new coach!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 07:21:43 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
JB and Williams for Gobert.
I want us to finally have defensive presence in the middle.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 07:22:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Vomit. Wouldn't trade Williams for Gobert straight up, he sucks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 07:23:56 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I would pull the trigger on this one. Taylor Hendricks would be a good long-term starting 4/5 prospect.

What type of player is Taylor Hendricks? Who does he play like / remind you of? What do you like about him?

I know nothing about him.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 07:30:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd rather keep him, I think. The straight up trade ideas of Lillard or Garland are at least interesting to think about.

If Portland got drunk and wanted to do that Simmons + Sharpe + #3 deal, I'd probably do that, particularly if Scoot was available.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 07:35:32 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Vomit. Wouldn't trade Williams for Gobert straight up, he sucks

Too injury-prone. Gobert could take on any big on a head to head match up.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 07:36:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Getting Lillard here would be awesome. Can we get him for Brown and parts without trading any of Smart, Tatum, White or Brogdon?
- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 07:54:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

I wouldn't trade Jaylen for Gobert.

Is there a way to match salaries for Gobert without trading Jaylen? Say Brogdon & Gallinari? Does that get us close?

Bring in Gobert to be our Tyson Chandler type DPOY next to Jaylen & Tatum.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Portland get Jaylen Brown / Payton Pritchard

Celtics get  Anfernee Simons / Shaedon Sharpe / 2023 Draft 3rd pick / 2 Future Draft Pick

Then Celtics trade 2023 3rd pick to:
   Orlando's  #6 and #11 in this year draft or Houston's #4 and #20

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 08:54:34 AM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

I love this proposed trade and I will trade Smart for a center  as well.

Tatum would love playing with his friend, Beal, and play well more consistently. Need to trade Smart while he still has some value. He and Brown are overrated, imo, and we need to sell high.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 09:38:21 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

What type of player is Taylor Hendricks? Who does he play like / remind you of? What do you like about him?

I know nothing about him.

He's a shot blocking stretch four. Pretty versatile on defense also, can guard 3-5 i would say and shot 40% from three. Not really a self creator or playmaker but good enough to keep the ball moving
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd