Author Topic: Lebron’s Histrionics  (Read 4671 times)

Re: Lebron’s Histrionics
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2023, 07:52:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Quote from: Lebron
“[Tonight’s] game was decided by the players. In Boston, the game was decided by the refs.”

He is such a ----.

TP

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2023, 09:04:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
“[Tonight’s] game was decided by the players. In Boston, the game was decided by the refs.”

He is such a ----.

Still climbing that hill huh.  Unbelievable.

I mean, couldn't the argument be made, that BY MAKING THE CALL the refs would be deciding the game, not the players?

Yup

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2023, 09:07:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

He is such a ----.

I mean, couldn't the argument be made, that BY MAKING THE CALL the refs would be deciding the game, not the players?

He's a tool.  And people wonder why Jordan is so beloved for the most part while Lebron is a lightning rod. 

This is part of the reason.  Whiny crap like this.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 09:12:05 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

He is such a ----.

He's a tool.  And people wonder why Jordan is so beloved for the most part while Lebron is a lightning rod. 

Is Jordan beloved?  Every report I've ever read about him was about how much of a an a hole he was, how most of his teammates despised him, how he basically has no friends from his time in the sport, etc.  The media definitely has created a mystique and legend about Jordan more than any other player, but I don't think beloved is the right word to use with Jordan.  Magic is beloved, Jordan is not.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2023, 09:13:00 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Didn't realize how far New Orleans had fallen.  I was really hoping the lakers would be swapping out a high pick for a low one.

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2023, 09:18:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

He is such a ----.

Is Jordan beloved?  Every report I've ever read about him was about how much of a an a hole he was, how most of his teammates despised him, how he basically has no friends from his time in the sport, etc.  The media definitely has created a mystique and legend about Jordan more than any other player, but I don't think beloved is the right word to use with Jordan.  Magic is beloved, Jordan is not.

Yeah, he is.  I guarantee if you polled NBA fans, you'd find much more positive feedback on Jordan than Lebron.  Any off the court stuff has pretty much had a negligible impact on the perception of Jordan by the general public. 

The so called "heir apparents" Kobe & Lebron have been much more polarizing among the general public

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2023, 09:22:45 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

He is such a ----.

TP

How is Lebron so unaware.

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2023, 09:24:12 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

He is such a ----.

Yeah, he is.  I guarantee if you polled NBA fans, you'd find much more positive feedback on Jordan than Lebron.  Any off the court stuff has pretty much had a negligible impact on the perception of Jordan by the general public. 

The so called "heir apparents" Kobe & Lebron have been much more polarizing among the general public

This is exactly right. A funny comparison to think about was jordan laid on the ground crying after winning the championship after his dad died. Lebron laid on the ground crying for not getting a foul call in a game that was going to overtime tied. They are not built the same.

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2023, 09:55:59 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He is such a ----.

TP

He's got a bubble of enablers and yes men surrounding him.  That includes the league office.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2023, 10:05:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

He is such a ----.

I have no doubt fans have a more positive view of Jordan than Lebron, but that doesn't make Jordan beloved.  I just don't think it is the correct word.

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2023, 10:06:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

He is such a ----.

TP

He's got a bubble of enablers and yes men surrounding him.  That includes the league office.
I don't think he is unaware.  I think he knows exactly what he is doing. 

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2023, 10:08:06 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He is such a ----.

I have no doubt fans have a more positive view of Jordan than Lebron, but that doesn't make Jordan beloved.  I just don't think it is the correct word.

Most popular?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2023, 10:09:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

He is such a ----.

Most popular?

Revered?  Adulated?  I think we get the point I was making.

I mean, its really just semantics.  Regardless, Jordan is held is higher regard than Lebron.   I'm not sure there is anything Lebron can do at this point to reverse that.

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2023, 10:11:34 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He is such a ----.

Most popular?

Revered?  Adulated?

I mean, its really just semantics.  Regardless, Jordan is held is higher regard than Lebron.   I'm not sure there is anything Lebron can do at this point to reverse that.

It’s interesting to me that Kobe — largely a ball-hogging chucker accused of rape — seems to be embraced more than Lebron.

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2023, 10:14:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

He is such a ----.

Most popular?

Revered?  Adulated?

It’s interesting to me that Kobe — largely a ball-hogging chucker accused of rape — seems to be embraced more than Lebron.

Yeah, and that was even before his premature death. 

Personally, I think he's one of the most overrated greats of all time & was a bit of a snake but that's just me.

I'm sure once we're years removed from Lebron's retirement, he'll get more shine.