Author Topic: LeBron & Bronny  (Read 2278 times)

Re: LeBron & Bronny
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There is no way a team is going to reach 10+ draft spots on Bronny to get Lebron, and ALL that he brings, 2 more years down the line as he continues to fade and will no longer have any records to break.  It isn't worth the headache to reach.  That said, I fully expect some team would take Bronny in the 2nd round, especially a never was type franchise like the Kings.  The dollars and interest your team would get would be a tremendous financial boon to a crappy franchise.

Bronny is still around the 60th best prospect for his draft class, so that would mean an outside shot at making the NBA.  He really needs to work on his shooting and PG skills though.  He still plays too much like a wing and his size dictates he is a PG or small SG.

On top of all that, what happens if a team does draft him, signs Lebron, and has Bronny ride the bench? Even worse, if they play him over other players who are clearly more skilled and should deserve playing time?

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 12:37:46 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Every time this comes up, I always wonder what Bronny wants.

I don't think LeBron's a bad dad, but he might be putting undue stress on his son with all this.  Is this what they both want, or is this just what LeBron wants?

Supposedly Bronny purposely doesn't wear his dad's number and hates if anybody calls him LeBron James, Jr.

It's gotta be tough living in anybody's shadow, but LeBron's, that's gotta be extra tough, especially when it appears you're not anywhere close to as good as him.

It could go either way with his pro teammates.  Maybe they'll resent Bronny for getting an undeserved roster spot, or if Bronny or LeBron are getting minutes over them because LeBron is calling the shots.  Or maybe they'll have grown up idolizing LeBron and think it's just so cool to be on the same team with him.

I doubt opposing players/fans will be nice though.

Yo Bronny, the only reason you're on the team is because your dad!

Yo Bronny, how does it feel to be worse than your 42 year old dad?

Would LeBron yell at his son at practice or in the game if he wasn't playing hard or was making mistakes?  That could be kinda demorlizing getting called out by your dad whose also your teammate.

Even if LeBron is the greatest dad in the world, I think a lot of people in their early 20's are going to want some independence.

Not a lot to compare it to, but Austin Rivers said it was hell playing for his dad, and constantly heard he was only in the league because of his dad.  And this was someone who was one of the top prospects in his class, went to Duke, and was a lottery pick, had has played 10 years in the NBA so far.  Think how it will go for a much worse player.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 03:50:27 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I'd like to see LeBron still in the league, but they should play for different teams.

Pretty surprised to see how little people rate him. His handle and balance are elite... just too short to go in the first round....
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 10:50:38 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bronny got plenty of money , Bron can spare a few million to keep him going .

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Bronny got plenty of money , Bron can spare a few million to keep him going .

Bronny already has endorsements with Nike and an underwear company.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/bronny-lebron-james-nil-endorsement-deal-nike/oxngigq0im7jyx37sxpx6mcf

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/bronny-james-nil-deal-psd-underwear-lebron-james/cs5s54jhl3xacxb4jfpuimau

He’s only listed as the #61 recruit by rivals.  It’s good to be the son of the King.

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023, 03:57:25 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I can say with confidence, LeBron & Bronny will never reach this level of father, son awesomeness

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine