Author Topic: Deandre Ayton -- Facilitating Durant to Phoenix  (Read 901 times)

Deandre Ayton -- Facilitating Durant to Phoenix
« on: June 30, 2022, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't know if it is possible, but could there be any chance of the C's acquiring Ayton to facilitate a Durant to Phoenix deal? It sounds like Suns are saying no on Booker. What if we were to find a way to match salaries in a sign and trade with Phoenix (would need to find about 30m in salary, so White, Theis others would need to be involved, but what if we were to toss in 3 1's and a few pick swaps. Could Phoenix then put an offer together based on Bridges, Cam Johnson, some other filler and then a boatload of picks and swaps (all of the ones we give them and then their own?). Again, no idea if that breaks 100 different rules with regards to the Cap, sign and trades, etc.

Brooklyn gets some promising young players and possibly 6 1sts and 6 pick swaps
Phoenix gets Durant
Celtics got Ayton and a guy that provides major insurance for Rob and Al, and gives us a great three headed monster.

Re: Deandre Ayton -- Facilitating Durant to Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 08:29:02 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I don't know if it is possible, but could there be any chance of the C's acquiring Ayton to facilitate a Durant to Phoenix deal? It sounds like Suns are saying no on Booker. What if we were to find a way to match salaries in a sign and trade with Phoenix (would need to find about 30m in salary, so White, Theis others would need to be involved, but what if we were to toss in 3 1's and a few pick swaps. Could Phoenix then put an offer together based on Bridges, Cam Johnson, some other filler and then a boatload of picks and swaps (all of the ones we give them and then their own?). Again, no idea if that breaks 100 different rules with regards to the Cap, sign and trades, etc.

Phoenix gets Durant
Celtics got Ayton and a guy that provides major insurance for Rob and Al, and gives us a great three headed monster.

I don't think Booker can be on the same team as Simmons due to contacts. Only one guy on Rookie Max per team or something like that.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 08:34:01 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Phoenix gets Durant

I don't think Booker can be on the same team as Simmons due to contacts. Only one guy on Rookie Max per team or something like that.
I think it is two per team but only one can have been acquired via trade. 

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Phoenix gets Durant

I think it is two per team but only one can have been acquired via trade.

Thanks TP!

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 08:43:39 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Phoenix gets Durant

I'm not sure.  Won't the ca be hard capped if a sign and trade happens limiting what they can do all year signing anyone?