Author Topic: What would you be willing to give up for Malcolm Brogdon?  (Read 2445 times)

Re: What would you be willing to give up for Malcolm Brogdon?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 09:03:28 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Last three seasons he played 56, 54, and 35 games. He’ll be 30 next year. Derrick White straight up is an overpay.

I'm not here to claim that Brogdon is the model of health, but I always feel the need to clarify when people bring up total games played in 19-20 and 20-21, as there were only ~72 games over each of those two seasons. Still not great, but not as catastrophic as it seems. But, yeah, this past season wasn't great for him.
Yeah and White only played in 36 games two seasons ago (though hit 75 last year). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2022, 10:18:20 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Last three seasons he played 56, 54, and 35 games. He’ll be 30 next year. Derrick White straight up is an overpay.

I'm not here to claim that Brogdon is the model of health, but I always feel the need to clarify when people bring up total games played in 19-20 and 20-21, as there were only ~72 games over each of those two seasons. Still not great, but not as catastrophic as it seems. But, yeah, this past season wasn't great for him.
Yeah and White only played in 36 games two seasons ago (though hit 75 last year).

Over the last six seasons, Brogdon has made it to 64 games only one time. Otherwise he’s in the 50s, or last year the 30s. And now he’s turning 30. The odds of him becoming more durable as he ages are not good. 

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Over the last six seasons, Brogdon has made it to 64 games only one time. Otherwise he’s in the 50s, or last year the 30s. And now he’s turning 30. The odds of him becoming more durable as he ages are not good.
All fair, but he is also a lot better than White.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2022, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

Agreed. A lot better..

We’re in win now mode. Who cares if Brogdon only brings great value for 2-3 seasons.

If he puts us over the top and provides defense plus the scoring we’re missing (the dude’s offense blows White’s away) why would we not do a deal?

Trade White, PP, and what could be the 30th pick... and we win the title?

Sheesh

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2022, 02:13:35 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Agreed. A lot better..

We’re in win now mode. Who cares if Brogdon only brings great value for 2-3 seasons.

If he puts us over the top and provides defense plus the scoring we’re missing (the dude’s offense blows White’s away) why would we not do a deal?

Sheesh

Or, he breaks again and either doesn’t suit up for the playoffs or is a shell of himself, and we’ve  mis-spent assets we could have used on someone more durable.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:19:12 AM by Sophomore »

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 11:34:08 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

Agreed. A lot better..

Sheesh

Or, he breaks again and either doesn’t suit up for the playoffs or is a shell of himself, and we’ve  mis-spent assets we could have used on someone more durable.

Which you can say for every player.  Durant only played in 55 games this year.

If the injury history is an issue, then lower the cost.

Pritchard, flotsam & jetsom (to make the salaries work), and a 1st which would be perhaps from 25-30?