Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16986 times)

Re: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2022, 08:53:46 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Apparently, KD's preferred destinations are Phoenix and Miami. I would assume the Heat would be willing to sacrifice Bam. Problem is, the Nets are not allowed to acquire Bam because of the Designated Rookie Extension rule. A third team would have to come into play. Enters Boston.

It's possible that the Heat would like us to be the 3rd team cause
a) we can send them a Bam replacement in Timelord
b) we can send Brooklyn a massive expiring in Horford
c) we have all our future firsts intact

(click on image to enlarge)

PG: Smart
SG: Brown
SF: Tatum
PF: Grant
C: Bam

6th man: White

Tatum - Brown - Bam would be the best young core in the NBA!

-8 wins for us. This is accurate. I don t see why would we do this trade.
It also says +5 wins for Brooklyn after trading away KD which is laughable. So there's that.

Timelord is massively overrated on this board. He cannot put the ball on the floor to save his life. He's great at what he does well, but he's a rim runner, hence a role player. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Imo, Bam is the best perimeter defender in the NBA at the C position. He'd be literally the perfect fit in our switch-heavy defensive scheme. At the same time, he's arguably the second best facilitator at the Center position behind only Jokic. Turnovers were a massive issue for the C's in the Finals. We could have a use for Bam's ball handling and court vision.

I'd rather have Tatum, Brown and 25-year-old Bam than Tatum and 34-year-old Durant.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:00:37 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Apparently, KD's preferred destinations are Phoenix and Miami. I would assume the Heat would be willing to sacrifice Bam. Problem is, the Nets are not allowed to acquire Bam because of the Designated Rookie Extension rule. A third team would have to come into play. Enters Boston.

If it's Al and TL for Bam no picks, sign me up. TL will probably be injury prone forever and Al might go all mercenary again next off season.
Sure, just hand over the EC championship to Miami.  Sometimes I think posters on this board have lost their minds, just for the sake of change.

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2022, 09:03:02 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

If it's Al and TL for Bam no picks, sign me up. TL will probably be injury prone forever and Al might go all mercenary again next off season.
Sure, just hand over the EC championship to Miami.  Sometimes I think posters on this board have lost their minds, just for the sake of change.
People were saying the same thing about Brooklyn. The Lakers were heavy favorites to make the Finals this season, yet they didn't even make the playoffs. I could go on and on.

Regarding the picks, we are likely talking about a couple of picks in the (late) 20s. No big deal.

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2022, 09:46:26 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'm curious why Denver would not be listed as a potential destination for Durant.  They can send Michael Porter and Aaron Gordon or Will Barton back to Brooklyn plus some picks.

I'd have to imagine that Jokic and Durant would be a lethal combo (especially with Murray coming back).

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2022, 09:48:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Given Wyc determination to get banner 18, I think Celtics will try very hard to trade for Durant. There was some good injury luck that helped Celtics get to finals. Chances of getting back there with current roster a crap shoot. I hope we dont trade Brown but feeling it is inevitable. Hope I am wrong.

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I know there's a tweet saying Durant has Miami and Phoenix is on his list, but where does he say the Celtics? Not doubting anyone but I couldn't find it
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2022, 10:40:15 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Nets want a historic haul for Durant. More than 8 picks with swaps and players to boot!

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/nets-are-seeking-historic-haul-for-kevin-durant.html#ref=home

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2022, 10:46:31 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I know there's a tweet saying Durant has Miami and Phoenix is on his list, but where does he say the Celtics? Not doubting anyone but I couldn't find it

I don’t think the Celtics are a preferred destination for him. Seems like it’s just speculation from local media and fans. Didn’t Durant get a ton of scrutiny after leaving the Thunder to join the team that just beat him in the playoffs, which at that time was Golden State. Wouldn’t he be doing the same thing by bailing on the Nets and asking to go to Boston after just getting swept by them? Not a good look, IMO.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2022, 10:49:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nets want a historic haul for Durant. More than 8 picks with swaps and players to boot!

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/nets-are-seeking-historic-haul-for-kevin-durant.html#ref=home
Durant is 34yo. They can p--- off!

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2022, 11:05:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

The article doesn't say they want 8 picks.  It says they want something better than the Pelicans got for AD and the Thunder got for PG.  Which you know makes sense, since Durant is better than both of those guys.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2022, 11:09:33 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

The article doesn't say they want 8 picks.  It says they want something better than the Pelicans got for AD and the Thunder got for PG.  Which you know makes sense, since Durant is better than both of those guys.

No, it doesn't; he [Durant] is too bloody old.

BKN should expect to get less than those teams got. Those teams were trading younger players with more years ahead of them.

« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2022, 11:12:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

BKN should expect to get less than those teams got. Those teams were trading younger players with more years ahead of them.

Durant better than them and has 4 years left on his contract.

« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I also think Durant should fetch less than PG and AD because he’s too old and he’s breaking down. 

« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2022, 11:17:31 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Durant better than them and has 4 years left on his contract.

Why does the years he has left even factor in? I'm honestly asking. He can't even honor the 1st year of his extension. The time left shouldn't matter to a new team. There's no guarantee he won't ask out in a year's time.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
No thanks to KD.  He is a miserable human being and we dont need his presence poisoning the team.  Who has he made better?