Author Topic: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely  (Read 9492 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1540064142555496452

Sources: Kevin Durant is monitoring the Brooklyn Nets’ situation and considering options with his future.

This now opens the path for Kyrie Irving to proceed on finding a new home via opt-in and trade.

Yeah it's not necessarily new knowledge, I think we all saw this coming. But I think this is the first real tweet indicating Durant may want out of BKN too soon. A lot of the others were just guesses with the belief that Kyrie would leave so Durant would want to bail ship too. Shams and some other reporters have now been saying Durant might be making a decision soon leading up to Draft night and is really looking at what Brooklyn does in the coming days (or even hours).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 04:37:33 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Sources: Kevin Durant is monitoring the Brooklyn Nets’ situation and considering options with his future.

This now opens the path for Kyrie Irving to proceed on finding a new home via opt-in and trade.

Yeah it's not necessarily new knowledge, I think we all saw this coming. But I think this is the first real tweet indicating Durant may want out of BKN too soon. A lot of the others were just guesses with the belief that Kyrie would leave so Durant would want to bail ship too. Shams and some other reporters have now been saying Durant might be making a decision soon leading up to Draft night and is really looking at what Brooklyn does in the coming days (or even hours).

So the Celtics break up another team, YA!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 04:39:47 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brooklyn…the dynasty that never was

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 04:41:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

So the Celtics break up another team, YA!

Durant should demand to go to Boston and force their hand! Lol

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 04:42:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Now now, they still got Ben Simmons. You know, "the next Lebron" to lead them to the promise land!  :laugh:

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 04:43:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Now now, they still got Ben Simmons. You know, "the next Lebron" to lead them to the promise land!  :laugh:

Oh, is he still in the NBA?

;)

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I can't see them getting major in a trade for Kyrie Irving. There won't be enough coming back to convince KD to stay.

This is all so stupid. BKN should just pay Kyrie in order to keep KD. They have a phenomenal team there with Kyrie, KD and B Simmons with good role players in J Harris, Seth Curry. I like Claxton. Pay the man. Don't throw everything away. It is stupid.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 04:47:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
CBS needs to put Jaylen on the table for Durant. Hard for anyone to top that offer.

BE A SHARK CBS!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 04:53:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I can't see them getting major in a trade for Kyrie Irving. There won't be enough coming back to convince KD to stay.

This is all so stupid. BKN should just pay Kyrie in order to keep KD. They have a phenomenal team there with Kyrie, KD and B Simmons with good role players in J Harris, Seth Curry. I like Claxton. Pay the man. Don't throw everything away. It is stupid.

But this is Kyrie we talking about. Why pay the man when he showed up only part time and disrespects his coaches management and franchise. Brooklyn's in a tight situation. Will be interesting to see how they respond!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 05:13:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think we are going to see that there aren’t the amount of suitors for Kyrie as he might think there is….teams are wise to his game and his team destroying.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
CBS needs to put Jaylen on the table for Durant. Hard for anyone to top that offer.

BE A SHARK CBS!!!
Surely we’d be front of the line with such an offer
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 05:30:54 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I live in NYC and all the Knicks fans I know want zero part of him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if most teams feel the same. Other than the slimeball Pat Riley, I could see most GM’s staying away from him. And if any are willing to take him, they probably won’t want to give up much. And then what incentive is there for the Nets, if they will have to presumably take on a lot of salary whilst finding a new home for Durant?

Should be interesting to see how things shake out once free agency begins.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 05:36:46 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Nets had it all and had nothing at same time. Incredible.

Watch Kyrie end up back with his Batman in LA and face us in finals! KD would look great in Green and Beal would as well.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:59:41 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Should have just kept LeVert, Dinwiddie and Allen.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 06:27:31 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

Or Kyrie wants out because he's a head case. I mean he shot his way out of Cleveland, shot his way out of Boston now seemingly wants out of Brooklyn. It's understandable not to want to pay the guy the supermax when he only shows up when he wants to. And throws his own practices behind the coaches back because he doesn't respect him.

If the nets pay Kyrie watch him miss even more games because now he will have his money.

And any team trading for him better not expect much. Because a tiger doesn't change it's stripes.