Author Topic: Knicks unloading noel  (Read 2986 times)

Re: Knicks unloading noel
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd actually be interested in Randle for White and Theis. Not sure Knicks would want that for Randle but they could probably flip White to another team easier than Noel and gain an asset with greater cap relief.

Randle though not the best defender is a playmaker and rebounder. He might do well here as a connector more so than White did. Start Randle with TL and bring Al off the bench.

Smart, JB, JT, Randle, TL
PP, Nesmith, GW, Al.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 10:44:13 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I find it hard to believe that Boston would just dump Theis after trading expiring contracts to acquire him.  I mean if he is at the point where they just need to dump him off, they never should have brought him in to begin with.  And frankly Schroder would have had more value at times in the playoffs than Theis ever did. 

Clearly a bad trade from Boston.

Dumping Schroeder was a plus simply because he wasn’t on the team anymore: addition by subtraction. He didn’t fit, at all, what we wanted to do on offense.

Theis’ playoff showing was a disappointment. He did serve as injury insurance and to eat minutes in the regular season, and he could do that, but he’s awfully pricey for what we get. Since it’s not my money and we were under the tax line I grade it as fine, but if we have the chance to upgrade to get a real 2d string center/Al replacement we need to do it.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2022, 10:55:38 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Theis and our 2022 2nd for Noel makes sense to me. Would even throw in one or more of the 2023 2nds if needed to finalize the deal. Would love that kind of defense for the inevitable Timelord injuries, and when they’re both happy we have dominant defense from the center position and great rebounding for 48 minutes. This makes a ton of sense.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 11:12:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Theis and our 2022 2nd for Noel makes sense to me. Would even throw in one or more of the 2023 2nds if needed to finalize the deal. Would love that kind of defense for the inevitable Timelord injuries, and when they’re both happy we have dominant defense from the center position and great rebounding for 48 minutes. This makes a ton of sense.
Thing is, NY wants to salary dump Nerlens, not send back salary. So Brad probably needs to trade Theis in a separate deal to upgrade the bench elsewhere while he uses the TPE on Nerlens.

Boston in: Nerlens and a 2nd rounder
NYK in: TPE

And then something like this, use your imagination.....

Boston in: Josh Hart
Portland in: Theis and Nesmith Celtic 1st rounder

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 11:18:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Thing is, NY wants to salary dump Nerlens, not send back salary. So Brad probably needs to trade Theis in a separate deal to upgrade the bench elsewhere while he uses the TPE on Nerlens.

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens
ok with the Noel deal but that seems a bit much for Hart.  already overpaid to get White.  can't keep giving away assets for mediocre talent

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2022, 11:41:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens
ok with the Noel deal but that seems a bit much for Hart.  already overpaid to get White.  can't keep giving away assets for mediocre talent
As I said, just an example. If you can do it with a 2nd rounder, so be it. Make it a three way deal and have the Knick 2nd go to Portland. I don't care. It's just an example. I am sure there are a bunch of good players a package of Theis, Nesmith and that 2nd rounder can bring in.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2022, 03:11:40 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens

I see it as kind of like the Bucks overpaying for Jrue, the White deal and this potential Hart deal

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2022, 07:21:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Always liked Noel and I've advocated to acquire him previously. He's also a local kid. Great backup to Rob but don't give up too much to get him.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens

I was thinking that the Fournier TPE could get the Cs a first round pick, if the k=Knicks, for instance, were desperate enough to dump salary. Maybe instead of Noel the Cs take back DRose and his 14m salary if the Knicks give us the 11th overall? May be a pipe dream but the Cs could select Mark Williams from Duke, a much better player than Noel with the 11th pick.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2022, 10:27:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens

I was thinking that the Fournier TPE could get the Cs a first round pick, if the k=Knicks, for instance, were desperate enough to dump salary. Maybe instead of Noel the Cs take back DRose and his 14m salary if the Knicks give us the 11th overall? May be a pipe dream but the Cs could select Mark Williams from Duke, a much better player than Noel with the 11th pick.
Knicks are mismanaged but can't see them coughing up #11 to move Rose who is still a decent player.  If Brad could make that happen he'd get exec of the year.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2022, 12:22:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Always liked Noel and I've advocated to acquire him previously. He's also a local kid. Great backup to Rob but don't give up too much to get him.

Love the local kid story, i.e., the underperforming player who finally flourishes after returning home.

I remember back in the Jaylen Brown draft, everyone and their grandmother was trying to trade up to get Kris Dunn at #3. It was later reported that we offered Philadelphia the #3 for Noel and their future Lakers pick (which we got anyway, as part of the Tatum trade). Philly turned us down. Another bullet dodged.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 12:29:49 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/White
Tatum/Hart
Horford/Grant
Timelord/Nerlens

Knicks are mismanaged but can't see them coughing up #11 to move Rose who is still a decent player.  If Brad could make that happen he'd get exec of the year.

I can see the Knicks doing any dumb thing anyone can think of...