Author Topic: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22  (Read 52803 times)

Re: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22
« Reply #1365 on: June 17, 2022, 12:29:31 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Cried after game 7 in 2010 because I thought we deserved it.

No tears tonight because better team won.

We will be back though, that I promise.

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

IF you cannot CARPE DIEM oh well.

we need a PG and a real PF who can post up. Al  looks done.

we need coaches who can run offense and force these guys to do it

probelms between our ears 6 years running

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

We need space, movement, and shooting on that end. We were all bunched up in this series.

One question i have is why our screens are so terrible compared to GS. So many times Tatum has the ball with Wiggins on him and we're not getting him free.

Instead it's 1-on-1 ball then a double team and turnover or bad shot.

This is basketball 101. Miami did it to great effect.  IMO the Warriors followed that blueprint.

Why aren't we doing the same?

You need shooters to have spacing.

We need an offensive scheme that doesn't turtle when playing an aggressive defense.

This team in the finals was just as undisciplined as those under brad.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1366 on: June 17, 2022, 12:31:12 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

We need space, movement, and shooting on that end. We were all bunched up in this series.

One question i have is why our screens are so terrible compared to GS. So many times Tatum has the ball with Wiggins on him and we're not getting him free.

This is basketball 101. Miami did it to great effect.  IMO the Warriors followed that blueprint.

i don’t think the screens are the difference. it’s the shooter’s effort to use the screen, or multiple screens if necessary, to get open. curry is constant motion on offense and oftentimes doesn’t get open on the first screen, but he doesn’t stop. our guys play too much iso and don’t move off the ball well enough to make the most out of screens. it comes down to discipline, really, and our team lacks it bigly.

Helps to have quicker guys running off of those screens. Most of the top off ball movers in NBA History are quick and agile. Footspeed matters.

GSW has a lot of those guys with Steph & Poole. Klay is not as quick but lethal shooting range. Miami has two guys in Herro and Duncan Robinson who are very good at this.

BOS has slow footed Marcus Smart. Jaylen who has average SG speed as does Tatum. Tatum has fantastic shooting ability. Smart is dodgy. D White is even worse than that. Jaylen is good at spotting up and off the dribble but takes few jump-shots off of off ball movements. That is not really his game. He is a slasher.

Then you have these slower two big man lineups with Horford, Rob and G Williams althought G Williams has been improving his shot off of movement.

curry definitely leverages his quickness but it’s his constant motion, will to get open, and discipline that work for him. our guys have size to offset any alleged lack of speed. they just don’t use it properly.

guys like reggie miller, chris mullin, ray allen, etc. weren’t speedsters but knew how to leverage a screen. it’s really about discipline and BBIQ. what did bird used to say? “all i need is an inch…”

« Reply #1367 on: June 17, 2022, 12:33:46 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Ime just said they have to improve the IQ section.

100 percent correct. A very basketball dumb team

LOL

6 years running now

never fixed yet
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1368 on: June 17, 2022, 12:35:01 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

LOL

6 years running now

never fixed yet

Who has been here the longest? Smart and brown.
Who makes the worst decisions in games? Smart and brown

« Reply #1369 on: June 17, 2022, 12:35:03 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

You need shooters to have spacing.

We need an offensive scheme that doesn't turtle when playing an aggressive defense.

This team in the finals was just as undisciplined as those under brad.

yup. this guy looks like brad V2.0

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1370 on: June 17, 2022, 12:46:41 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The players look devastated, especially Tatum. They immediately know the problem was their bball IQ. I'm confident they are going to learn from it.

« Reply #1371 on: June 17, 2022, 12:54:17 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
The players look devastated, especially Tatum. They immediately know the problem was their bball IQ. I'm confident they are going to learn from it.

The most shocking thing to me about this series was the huge amount of incredibly dumb basketball the Celtics played these last three games. I mean, BBIQ of, like, 10. SO MANY terrible decisions.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1372 on: June 17, 2022, 12:57:40 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
On the Warriors side, I think this was the last real run for this group. Klay is cooked, Draymond too. Wiggins was great, and Wiseman should help, but this group won't have enough to get back here again imo.

« Reply #1373 on: June 17, 2022, 01:00:38 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
On the Warriors side, I think this was the last real run for this group. Klay is cooked, Draymond too. Wiggins was great, and Wiseman should help, but this group won't have enough to get back here again imo.

Curry, Wiggins, Wiseman, Poole, Payton II, Looney are all pretty good core. Some say are going to repeat.

But next year the West will have Ja Morant back. A stronger Mavericks squad. Clippers will have Kawhi Leonard back. Maybe the 8th seeded Lakers will be back with LeBron/Davis healthy again. Suns may regroup. Murray/Jokic with the Nuggets are going to be devastating. Wolves might improve a bit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1374 on: June 17, 2022, 02:04:29 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Brad.

They had ample losses in the last 2 rounds to learn

This is basic basketball taught at the most Jr. Level.

Learning to take care of the ball shouldn't require am off-season of study.

No excuse for rec style offense to be played at this level, yet thats.what we seen.

This team lost not because of talent, but because they're younger and dumb.

The last 3 game cannot be defended 
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1375 on: June 17, 2022, 07:03:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

LOL

6 years running now

never fixed yet

Don't let Tatum off the hook, he's been here nearly as long.

« Reply #1376 on: June 17, 2022, 09:07:32 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

LOL

6 years running now

never fixed yet

dang. that is a hard dose of reality there.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1377 on: June 17, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Brad.

They had ample losses in the last 2 rounds to learn

This is basic basketball taught at the most Jr. Level.

Learning to take care of the ball shouldn't require am off-season of study.

No excuse for rec style offense to be played at this level, yet thats.what we seen.

This team lost not because of talent, but because they're younger and dumb.

The last 3 game cannot be defended

wow. another hard dose of reality medicine for all. yup. truth hurts.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1378 on: June 17, 2022, 09:23:01 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
As Ime said…basketball IQ has to get much much better.
Uber athletic team that just isn’t very smart on the court.

« Reply #1379 on: June 17, 2022, 10:00:09 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
We actually did well overall on defense keeping GSW to 107, 107, 104 and 103 in 4 of the games this series. But we lost all of them because our offense was not good during those games either. In the 2 wins we kept them to 105 and 100. Holding a team like GSW to that is solid, the problem was our offense wasn't enough.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller