Author Topic: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22  (Read 53618 times)

Re: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22
« Reply #1350 on: June 16, 2022, 11:57:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Cried after game 7 in 2010 because I thought we deserved it.

No tears tonight because better team won.

We will be back though, that I promise.

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

IF you cannot CARPE DIEM oh well.

we need a PG and a real PF who can post up. Al  looks done.

we need coaches who can run offense and force these guys to do it

probelms between our ears 6 years running

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

We need space, movement, and shooting on that end. We were all bunched up in this series.

One question i have is why our screens are so terrible compared to GS. So many times Tatum has the ball with Wiggins on him and we're not getting him free.

Instead it's 1-on-1 ball then a double team and turnover or bad shot.

This is basketball 101. Miami did it to great effect.  IMO the Warriors followed that blueprint.

Why aren't we doing the same?

You need shooters to have spacing.

« Reply #1351 on: June 16, 2022, 11:57:45 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
I wonder if the 4th would have turned out differently if any of TL's 4 tip-ins would have gone in. I know we never really made it a game at the end, but that could have gotten us to like 4 points down. And then anything could have happened.

I certainly don't blame Rob. He is the only one who consistently came to play these last 3 games, but those bunnies hurt - especially when GS was seemingly getting all of their offensive rebound put-backs.

That was some terrible luck indeed. I do think this team was visualizing failure and got their wish.

« Reply #1352 on: June 16, 2022, 11:58:19 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tatum---you gotta be a playmaker.....then he's passing up open shots to dribble into traffic for a turnover....Nah, go back to last year when you scored 60 points.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1353 on: June 17, 2022, 12:00:43 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

We need space, movement, and shooting on that end. We were all bunched up in this series.

One question i have is why our screens are so terrible compared to GS. So many times Tatum has the ball with Wiggins on him and we're not getting him free.

This is basketball 101. Miami did it to great effect.  IMO the Warriors followed that blueprint.

great point. i saw it also. lets face it most swept all issues under rug as log as we pulled it out. well we finally got burned. we called it. it was coming. we have lots of major issues that need fixing asap
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1354 on: June 17, 2022, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Dunno, it seemed like Smart, Horford and Grant were not getting clean looks, it's not like GS was leaving them open because they don't respect them.

And GS had Draymond and Looney playing heavy minutes but screened their way to decent looks.

« Reply #1355 on: June 17, 2022, 12:02:02 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Dunno, it seemed like Smart, Horford and Grant were not getting clean looks, it's not like GS was leaving them open because they don't respect them.

And GS had Draymond and Looney playing heavy minutes but screened their way to decent looks.

you are right  our screens sucked
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1356 on: June 17, 2022, 12:05:25 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
NOT putting away Miami in Game 6 hurt us a lot in this series
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1357 on: June 17, 2022, 12:06:49 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
we coulda won all three series 4-1. 

had we won game 4 we at least go 7 games if we crap bed in game 5 and 6 like we did

but the fcat we cannot pla ywell at home is a huge issue

we gave this title away hell with GS

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1358 on: June 17, 2022, 12:07:11 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

i don’t think the screens are the difference. it’s the shooter’s effort to use the screen, or multiple screens if necessary, to get open. curry is constant motion on offense and oftentimes doesn’t get open on the first screen, but he doesn’t stop. our guys play too much iso and don’t move off the ball well enough to make the most out of screens. it comes down to discipline, really, and our team lacks it bigly.

« Reply #1359 on: June 17, 2022, 12:07:19 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

great point. i saw it also. lets face it most swept all issues under rug as log as we pulled it out. well we finally got burned. we called it. it was coming. we have lots of major issues that need fixing asap

Yeah we reverted to bad habits and stopped taking the ball downhill. I don't mean "downhill" as far as going inside. I mean setting up situations where we get a step on somebody and put the opposing defense in positions that are hard to recover from.

I think a lot of it is lack of composure, which exposed the bad habits of prior years. We only played good ball for half a season.

You can see the way the Heat play that good ball has been ingrained into them so much it is second nature.

Our guys revert to bad hsbits when they get tight because we don't have enough mental muscle memory for winning ball. Hopefully that changes with time, like it did for the Warriors after a few bad playoff runs.

« Reply #1360 on: June 17, 2022, 12:16:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

i don’t think the screens are the difference. it’s the shooter’s effort to use the screen, or multiple screens if necessary, to get open. curry is constant motion on offense and oftentimes doesn’t get open on the first screen, but he doesn’t stop. our guys play too much iso and don’t move off the ball well enough to make the most out of screens. it comes down to discipline, really, and our team lacks it bigly.

Helps to have quicker guys running off of those screens. Most of the top off ball movers in NBA History are quick and agile. Footspeed matters.

GSW has a lot of those guys with Steph & Poole. Klay is not as quick but lethal shooting range. Miami has two guys in Herro and Duncan Robinson who are very good at this.

BOS has slow footed Marcus Smart. Jaylen who has average SG speed as does Tatum. Tatum has fantastic shooting ability. Smart is dodgy. D White is even worse than that. Jaylen is good at spotting up and off the dribble but takes few jump-shots off of off ball movements. That is not really his game. He is a slasher.

Then you have these slower two big man lineups with Horford, Rob and G Williams althought G Williams has been improving his shot off of movement.

« Reply #1361 on: June 17, 2022, 12:17:43 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ime just said they have to improve the IQ section.

100 percent correct. A very basketball dumb team

« Reply #1362 on: June 17, 2022, 12:21:47 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
The loss is disappointing for sure. The big picture is also that this team vastly exceeded pre-season expectations. There were a lot of great moments along the way, and they finished the second-best team in the league.

If they can take another leap next year they can win the chip. Get to work, Brad and Ime.

« Reply #1363 on: June 17, 2022, 12:22:44 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Warriors has control from the 10 minute mark and never looked back. Turnovers and poor rebounding costed this team. Should have went to Brown more despite his turnovers he was the best offensive option. Brown and Tatum need to learn to improve their weakness.

Pretty much as soon as the bench was put in. Ridiculous.

Derrick White LOST us the lead, momentum, game and season

Everybody was lauding the White trade, but we basically traded two scorers for him (Schroder was dealt because we acquired another PG). I honestly wonder if we would have been better off just not making any trades and picking up a vet min Center at the deadline instead.

Sometimes you need to diversify your team, rather than doubling down on having the same types of players. We already have Smart, we didn't need White. Hopefully we can trade him in the offseason and hopefully he has some value.
been saying this the whole time after the trade.  we gave up too much.  considering how little White provided during the playoffs and especially the Finals, I feel even more strongly we overpaid to get him

Looks like we may have lost this trade then. Our scorers like Richardson and Schroeder would've helped. That pick also might've been a good pick

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1364 on: June 17, 2022, 12:24:52 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ime just said they have to improve the IQ section.

100 percent correct. A very basketball dumb team

Including Ime himself. He need to find offensive strategies this summer to work on. And come up with other plans when the plays aren't working.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)