Author Topic: Warriors (1-2) at Celtics (2-1) Finals Game #4 6/10/22  (Read 49326 times)

Re: Warriors (1-2) at Celtics (2-1) Finals Game #4 6/10/22
« Reply #1260 on: June 11, 2022, 01:07:19 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Really confused offence. So many times team was confused who should come up to screen.

Ime needs to tighten that up.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1261 on: June 11, 2022, 01:29:50 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
We lost our composure halfway through the 1st and never fully regained it.

A lot will be made of Currys performance and rightfully so.

But we did not play team ball, especially on the defensive end. There were breakdowns galore, unnecessary double teams, shot block hunting, etc. All of this led to easy looks and offensive rebounds for the Warriors.

And we flat out choked on offense in the 4th. Missed some easy opportunities and forced some bad plays too.

In short i think we largely beat ourselves. It is a really horrible feeling because a championship was basically there for the taking and we couldn't keep it together. Just a catastrophic loss. I know we are still young. But disappointed that we didn't shut the door after making similar mistakes earlier in the playoffs.

« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2022, 01:34:31 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Terrible loss. Bring it together guys. Championship runs are rarely pretty.  We are still the better team.  We will win with our backs against the wall.

TPs for all

« Reply #1263 on: June 11, 2022, 02:01:30 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So this is the first Finals appearance by the Celtics in 12 years....it's incredibly hard to get here---giving away games like this is crazy....if we lose and it takes another 12 years, Tatum will be 36 years old.  8)
Agree. It's not easy to win a title with 30 teams, a salary cap, the tendency of stars to team up and move from team to team. There will be some teams in this league that will probably go a century or more without winning a title - so when you're this close you have to break through. They may not get this close again - there are certainly no guarantees.

We finally have a (semi-) healthy run and we are blowing it. BKN, MIL, PHI, MIA will all be ready to go next season. And who knows how TOR with Barnes and CLE with Mobley will perform?

It is extremely difficult to get to the Finals. Not being ready is not a valid excuse. Our guys are young, but have lots of playoff experience. Tonight’s loss is devastating, but they can make up for it with a W on Monday. Hopefully they can appreciate the opportunity they have in front of them.

Exactly. No excuses for being young. These guys are just shooting themselves playing dumb basketball. There was no need to go 7 games with the Bucks and Heat. Making the same mistakes with the Warriors again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2022, 02:51:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
So this is the first Finals appearance by the Celtics in 12 years....it's incredibly hard to get here---giving away games like this is crazy....if we lose and it takes another 12 years, Tatum will be 36 years old.  8)
Agree. It's not easy to win a title with 30 teams, a salary cap, the tendency of stars to team up and move from team to team. There will be some teams in this league that will probably go a century or more without winning a title - so when you're this close you have to break through. They may not get this close again - there are certainly no guarantees.

We finally have a (semi-) healthy run and we are blowing it. BKN, MIL, PHI, MIA will all be ready to go next season. And who knows how TOR with Barnes and CLE with Mobley will perform?

It is extremely difficult to get to the Finals. Not being ready is not a valid excuse. Our guys are young, but have lots of playoff experience. Tonight’s loss is devastating, but they can make up for it with a W on Monday. Hopefully they can appreciate the opportunity they have in front of them.

Exactly. No excuses for being young. These guys are just shooting themselves playing dumb basketball. There was no need to go 7 games with the Bucks and Heat. Making the same mistakes with the Warriors again.

To be fair though Sparz, there's 2 teams in each contest. Both teams are trying to win. I'm sure the Dubs fans were slitting wrists before tonight, and up until the halfway mark of the 4th quarter. Every team we've faced have had ATGs, some have had two. Brooklyn had KD and Cryrie, Milwaukee had Giannis, Miami had Buckets. Dubs have the Splash Brothers. Not making excuses for the Cs but it's not easy and it's not meant to be. There will be setbacks. The team will make mistakes. Dubs fans were flagellating their team after the losses in G1 and G3, just as we are now. What will define this team's season is how they respond to the setbacks and to the adversity. Will they go in a corner and cry woe is me, it's over, like some of the fans are? Or will they fight back? I don't know the answer but it will be fun to find out.  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2022, 10:15:14 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The last 4 minutes of the game gave me PTSD to 2018 Game 7. Even with a slim deficit they just kept jacking up 3s and trying to get it all back in one possession when even just a made 2 would work as well. There was still plenty of time. Just dumb basketball all around.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1266 on: June 11, 2022, 10:20:56 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Last night’s 4th quarter collapse was a group effort. Entire team settled for three point lazy shots.

This stretch was the game.

Celtics after going up 91-85 wit 7:32 to go…look at the shot selection on these six straight possessions.

Brown 12' miss
Brown 25' miss
Tatum 27' miss
Smart 25' miss
Smart 27' miss
Horford 27' miss

« Reply #1267 on: June 11, 2022, 11:20:11 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
The last 4 minutes of the game gave me PTSD to 2018 Game 7. Even with a slim deficit they just kept jacking up 3s and trying to get it all back in one possession when even just a made 2 would work as well. There was still plenty of time. Just dumb basketball all around.

Iirc they had 3 straight opportunities after stops.
This gave me flashbacks to the Brad years
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1268 on: June 11, 2022, 11:53:07 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Last night’s 4th quarter collapse was a group effort. Entire team settled for three point lazy shots.

This stretch was the game.

Celtics after going up 91-85 wit 7:32 to go…look at the shot selection on these six straight possessions.

Brown 12' miss
Brown 25' miss
Tatum 27' miss
Smart 25' miss
Smart 27' miss
Horford 27' miss
Those were all open looks. Most of them after drive and kicks. Not significantly different looks than game one when they made them all and everybody was thrilled.  Sometimes shots just don’t fall. It stinks but I’m not going to criticize their shot selection.

« Reply #1269 on: June 11, 2022, 05:17:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The summary of this postseason is that we struggle at home but are able to protect road court fairly well

:laugh:

« Reply #1270 on: June 11, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So I was watching some highlights and also seeing what people were saying on Twitter/Reddit. How on earth do the Jays and the C's get locked up by freakin' Bjelica??  :o

« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2022, 08:51:28 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
All of our offensive problems start when we walk the ball up the court---giving the defense time to set up, then we wind the clock out and put up a desperation shot....Get into the offense right away by running the ball over half court and we can beat anyone.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1272 on: June 12, 2022, 11:52:06 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The wait between Game 4 and 5 is so agonizing lol. Definitely am enjoying the weekend otherwise but obviously have the series in the back of my mind too. Tbh though even if we won Game 4 I don't think it'd change, it'd just make you feel more nervous/excited thinking about the next game all weekend  :laugh: