Author Topic: Rumour: Kings Draft Pick is ‘Attainable’  (Read 3232 times)

Rumour: Kings Draft Pick is ‘Attainable’
« on: June 06, 2022, 06:06:31 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

"The Kings may not be viewed by agents as the most attractive situation for their clients either, which could prevent them from getting a full view of their options in terms of private workouts and medicals. That's one of the reasons some teams feel this pick is attainable in a trade if an established veteran who could help the Kings make a playoff push is available." notes ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer previously wrote that, "there’s a strong belief among rival teams that Sacramento will explore trading the fourth selection, either out of the draft entirely for an impact veteran or down later in the lottery to net a contributing rotation player in the process."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:20:04 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Rumour: Kings Draft Pick is ‘Attainable’
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 07:45:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Really hard to find that kind of value in a player. Seems more likely they'd move back in the draft and pick up extra 1st's.  Or move back and get a player.  Not sure what that would be. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
They keep drafting busts so they may as well trade the pick.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 09:42:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Barnes, Holmes, 4

for

Gobert

Too much for Gobert?  I think he'd be a great compliment to Sabonis and Fox.  Certainly make them way more relevant than they've been. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 03:14:36 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Barnes, Holmes, 4

for

Gobert

Too much for Gobert?  I think he'd be a great compliment to Sabonis and Fox.  Certainly make them way more relevant than they've been.

That’s probably a win for both sides, especially if the Jazz are able to flip Barnes and Holmes for picks too. Doubt the Jazz can get that much for Gobert at his age/contract, though.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 09:41:21 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Barnes, Holmes, 4

for

Gobert

I really like it for SAC. They need and want a culture shift and Gobert immediately provides that. I don't think it makes SAC a contender or anything, but it does make them relevant. And it's not like whoever they select at 4 is going to make the immediate impact they obviously desire.

Utah would be taking a step back here and I wonder how Mitchell would feel about it. May be the beginning of the end for him, but getting #4 for Gobert plus potentially another 1st in a swap for Barnes may be worth it for a complete rebuild. I doubt they want to be 'stuck' with Gobert's contract if they aren't going to contend.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 10:17:54 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm not sure a lineup featured Fox, Sabonis, and Gobert is a viable offensive solution in the modern NBA. Bad spacing. Fox is best in transition, but you can't really speed up pace with two plodding bigs on the court.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
my logical Kings trade would be a #4 + Holmes for #5 + J Grant swap with the Pistons.

This assumes that Smith, Holmgren, and Banchero go 1-3 leaving Ivey available to go #4. 

The Kings ended last season starting Lyles at the 4, replacing him with Grant would be a nice upgrade for a team looking to win now. Sabonis, Fox, Grant, Barnes and Mitchel is solid starting 5 talent. With #5 they would still be able to draft a high level long term piece. They can play it safe and take Murray to back up both Grant and Barnes or go for a long term SG solution with Sharpe, Daniels, or Mathurin. Moving back again in the draft may also be a possibility. (maybe #5 to the Spurs for #9 Richardson and additional picks (20,25) this year or in the future?)

For the Pistons this would be a home run. Grant doesn't fit their current developmental time line so they can afford to move him. Ivey is the perfect compliment to Cade in the backcourt. As good as Cade and Bey have been they are not elite down hill athletes who put pressure on the basket. Ivey is that athlete and will benefit greatly playing off of Cade. With Cade, Ivey, Bey, Hayes, Bagely and Stewart the Pistons will have a really nice young core with two high ceiling perimeter players as their foundation.   
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:49:23 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 04:46:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 04:52:05 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Kings shouldn't do this unless they're landing a top-20 player

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 05:39:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I would be more interested in a couple of high seconds than a high first that we can't afford and that will be a young project. This is a championship team in need of low-cost role players.

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Kyrie really wants to be a Kings player! 😂 I would  love to see that happen.