Author Topic: Shoulder surgeon  (Read 8023 times)

Shoulder surgeon
« on: May 13, 2022, 02:28:39 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I recently have had 2 shoulder operations that both made me worse and are now threatening my career placement. I know there’s nothing I can do. These people could cut the wrong foot off and just lose one of their boats. I’m just wondering if anybody has ever had a POSITIVE experience from a shoulder surgeon. I’ll sadly never trust a surgeon again . 5 star reviews mean very little as both were and ruined me.
  Have t hugged my wife or elderly dad in two years as well thanks to these butchers.
 Thanks in advance.

Re: Shoulder surgeon
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 09:01:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
One of my parents had a full rotator cuff tear and Dr. Ramappa Who Is with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center performed the surgery. They had excellent results. Go to a top surgeon.

https://www.ratemds.com/amp/doctor-ratings/434994/dr-arun+j.-ramappa-boston-ma.html/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:12:55 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 09:31:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd be willing to do it at a discount.  I'm a psychologist, so if things go wrong, at least we can discuss them.  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 09:46:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I got my done in Philadelphia.  It was a chronic dislocation and they stabilized it.  Some loss of strength, but probably a 95% return to function.

My brother got his rotator cuff done near Dallas.  So far so good, but prior to surgery he got a lot of non-surgical opinions that didn’t work.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 09:48:27 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd be willing to do it at a discount.  I'm a psychologist, so if things go wrong, at least we can discuss them.  :)

Ha! I’d have just about as much faith in your ability as most of these clowns. Let me think about it. Discussing is more than all these docs do after they injure you.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 10:19:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Ha! I’d have just about as much faith in your ability as most of these clowns. Let me think about it. Discussing is more than all these docs do after they injure you.

I hear ya. Fractured my wrist a few years ago and ended up getting a staph infection from surgery, which reached the bone.  Four surgeries later, my playing days are long over.  Don't be afraid to shop around till you find the right doctor, and best of luck to you.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 10:40:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Proper rehab is important. Most people who require shoulder surgery through "non accidents"/ "wear and tear" do so due to poor shoulder development in the rear delts.

I learned from my uncle who had surgery twice. In his first rehab they didn't focus on shoulder posture/position. They just went for strength recovery which undid the surgery. Once I got older and my shoulder started aching and making noises I started hitting the rear delts like it was priority 1. Now no pain (which was terrible after sleeping), no noises, surgery avoided.

Gave 4 people this advice. Three people followed it and were amazed how quickly it remedies things. One didn't try and they ended up going for surgery. Try it

Again this is normal wear down or rehab aid not injury fix.