Author Topic: 2022 Celtics predraft workouts  (Read 13165 times)

Re: 2022 Celtics predraft workouts
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2022, 08:05:49 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
If Jaylen Williams drops into the 2nd Brad needs to do what it takes to grab him.  I love him as an AL replacement.  He needs a year to get stronger and work on his 3pt shot but he will be able to play D, rebound and pass in the NBA as a rookie. 

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Could use another Williams

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2022, 08:18:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
And another Jaylen/Jalen, both of whom are surnamed Williams
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2022, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I know he has elected to go back for a senior season, but Oscar Tshiebwe is someone I am dreaming of us getting. Elite of the elite when it comes to rebounding and being as strong as an ox!

I'm just starting to look at the 2023 draft. That guy looks like a beast. I don't know anything else about him, so I don't know why he's projected to go so late in the draft, but he looks like a guy I'd feel very comfortable with under the rim.

Also reading about Wembanyama. I guess he's going to be the big prize in the lottery (the draft lottery, not the Shirley Jackson kind).

Mike
Yeah, I love Tshiebwe. He's a lean 260lbs with a 7'4 wingspan and an endless motor. Ideal 2nd round older pick for my mind.

Wembenyama is a ridiculous prospect. 7'3 with a 7'9 wingspan, ball skills, shooting, and is a good defender beyond just being enormous. I like him more than Holmgren.

Have watched Yannick Nzosa? Looks like he might be something....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flYIcBp2LIU
He is years away. Regressed this most recent season, and is not worth our time given he’s probably 4 years away from even playing NBA

I agree he is years away but one strategy that I'm not opposed to is using #53 to take a swing on one of the international bigs (Kamagate, Diop, Nzosa or Makur Maker) if they fall that low. Then use the Cs lack of end of the roster talent to try to land a preferred UDFA.
That's fair enough, it's just a strategy I have no interest in. We already have two long shot international prospects, a third seems like a lot. I'm more interested in NBA ready guys who spent a few years in college. I was all for someone like Herb Jones or Aaron Wiggins last year. This year it's Vince Williams or Justin Lewis. Or maybe even Jabari Walker

I’m normally not a huge fan of the D&S but with the 53rd pick in a 58 pick draft it’s very likely that the Cs will have a domestic player available as an UDFA who they value equal to the player they can have at #53. The draft and stash becomes an additional swing for the fences.

That goes out the window if a player they are high on slips or they are able to move up to target a player. The more I read/watch I’m leaning towards Foster being that player.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2022, 10:19:34 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think the era of Lebron is O VER .  And Ainge and his micro players .

I expect BS to do the right thing and get RobIII. A backup pogo stick ,  and or replacement big man fore Al.   

its pretty funny to criticize Ainge's drafting and then mention Robert Williams.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2022, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Updated
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I expect BS to do the right thing and get RobIII. A backup pogo stick ,  and or replacement big man fore Al.   

its pretty funny to criticize Ainge's drafting and then mention Robert Williams.
I don't give Ainge much credit for Timelord.  Just got lucky that he fell to #27.  I was begging in the draft thread for Ainge to trade up to get him.  Still can't believe he made it past both the Lakers and Sixers. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:09:33 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2022, 09:27:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
If Jaylen Williams drops into the 2nd Brad needs to do what it takes to grab him.  I love him as an AL replacement.  He needs a year to get stronger and work on his 3pt shot but he will be able to play D, rebound and pass in the NBA as a rookie.
The 6-5.5 guard out of Santa Clara? How could he be an Al replacement?

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2022, 09:30:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That is Jalen Williams, tonydelk is referring to Jaylin Williams. He spelt it as Jaylen Williams however, splitting the two names :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2022, 09:40:48 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
That is Jalen Williams, tonydelk is referring to Jaylin Williams. He spelt it as Jaylen Williams however, splitting the two names :P
Thank you. I normally follow the draft super closely but not this year. Google didn’t return Jaylin. I just checked him out. Great call TonyDelk! TP
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:51:46 PM by libermaniac »

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:46 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I don't give Ainge much credit for Timelord.  Just got lucky that he fell to #27.  I was begging in the draft thread for Ainge to trade up to get him.  Still can't believe he made it past both the Lakers and Sixers.

There's a reason he fell. Injury concerns, supposed attitude concerns, as well as having no offensive game. Players "fall" every draft. If you draft them and they perform you should get credit just as you get blamed for failed picks.

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2022, 12:38:33 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

It’s so weird that Jalen Rose was the first ever “Jalen” and now it’s the most popular NBA name and we have all different types of variations of it.

Jalen Rose becoming a household name in the 90s resulted in this baby name boom. Has there ever been a more popular name in basketball? And why haven’t other names caught on? I’m surprised there’s not more kids named Kobe or LeBron. They were almost too famous, maybe?

https://youtu.be/amBpRXtV90c
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2022, 12:59:50 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592

It’s so weird that Jalen Rose was the first ever “Jalen” and now it’s the most popular NBA name and we have all different types of variations of it.

Jalen Rose becoming a household name in the 90s resulted in this baby name boom. Has there ever been a more popular name in basketball? And why haven’t other names caught on? I’m surprised there’s not more kids named Kobe or LeBron. They were almost too famous, maybe?

https://youtu.be/amBpRXtV90c

I was in junior high when Jalen Rose hit the NBA, and I remember thinking "Jalen" was such a cool sounding name.  Apparently I wasn't alone.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2022, 06:59:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
reports are Gabe Brown came in for a 2nd workout. In the past this hasn't meant anything but worth noting. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2022, 07:11:35 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
reports are Gabe Brown came in for a 2nd workout. In the past this hasn't meant anything but worth noting.

Basically Brad's second draft right? But I guess like last time he doesn't have any firsts this time either.