Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 70702 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2022, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah the timing though is definitely disrespectful IMHO. Literally the day before NFL FA, he announces that to basically only make Brady the storyline this whole week in the media.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2022, 10:01:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Yeah the timing though is definitely disrespectful IMHO. Literally the day before NFL FA, he announces that to basically only make Brady the storyline this whole week in the media.
well it is better than waiting until all the Bucs free agents leave, but he probably could have done this a week ago or at least waited until the morning and not literally right after Selection Sunday
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2022, 10:07:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
well it is better than waiting until all the Bucs free agents leave, but he probably could have done this a week ago or at least waited until the morning and not literally right after Selection Sunday

Yep true true

« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2022, 10:55:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yep true true
Why exactly should the greatest NFL QB and greatest player ever and one of the greatest professional athletes ever care about making an announcement about his career on the day a collegiate tourney is set in place in an entirely different sport?

The idea he is being disrespectful to NCAA college teams and kids is ludicrous. It's not like the sporting world should come to a stop and have nothing happen on Selection Sunday.

Were the Celtics being disrespectful of Selection Sunday by retiring KGs number on Selection Sunday? Should the NBA and NHL shut down to be respectful of Selection Sunday? Should spring training not happened today due to being respectful to Selection Sunday?

My word this is ridiculous!!!

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2022, 11:03:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yep true true
Why exactly should the greatest NFL QB and greatest player ever and one of the greatest professional athletes ever care about making an announcement about his career on the day a collegiate tourney is set in place in an entirely different sport?

The idea he is being disrespectful to NCAA college teams and kids is ludicrous. It's not like the sporting world should come to a stop and have nothing happen on Selection Sunday.

Were the Celtics being disrespectful of Selection Sunday by retiring KGs number on Selection Sunday? Should the NBA and NHL shut down to be respectful of Selection Sunday? Should spring training not happened today due to being respectful to Selection Sunday?

I wouldn't have put KG's ceremony on this day either.  Games are nowhere near the same thing as an announcement that can be made at any time.  Timing is always everything and I absolutely maintain it was poor timing from Brady.  There is absolutely no reason in the world he couldn't have announced this in the morning.  It just wreaks of ego.

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2022, 11:05:02 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Yep true true

I wouldn't have put KG's ceremony on this day either.  Games are nowhere near the same thing as an announcement that can be made at any time.  Timing is always everything and I absolutely maintain it was poor timing from Brady.  There is absolutely no reason in the world he couldn't have announced this in the morning.  It just wreaks of ego.

He needed to decide before free agency opened tomorrow if he wants the best team.  Not a Brady apologist, but today was really the last day he could change his mind.

« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2022, 11:09:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yep true true

I wouldn't have put KG's ceremony on this day either.  Games are nowhere near the same thing as an announcement that can be made at any time.  Timing is always everything and I absolutely maintain it was poor timing from Brady.  There is absolutely no reason in the world he couldn't have announced this in the morning. It just wreaks of ego.
And you know this how exactly? Are you personally involved in making his schedule? Handling his affairs? Aware of how and when the Bucs wanted this to be announced? Were you there during the negotiations between the Bucs and Brady?

Puh-lease!!!!

The sporting world does not stop simply so the NCAA can announce the teams participating in their 2nd most important sport.

This whole line of thinking is an absurdity!!!

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Who cares when he announced it??
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2022, 11:13:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Exactly!!! Only him and the Bucs. No one else should.

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2022, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Yep true true

Weird

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2022, 11:58:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Exactly!!! Only him and the Bucs. No one else should.

Yeah very strange pearl clutching here. Should he have waited for Russia and Ukraine to be resolved also? What an ego maniac lol

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2022, 12:39:35 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
TOM BRADY IS BACK FOR A 23RD SEASON!  ;D
Darn. This city is going to go crazy and be obnoxious to live in.

Why couldn't he have just stayed retired?!?!?!
I feel like his competitiveness is bordering on a personality disorder. Great for us as fans, but I do wonder what will make him genuinely retire...

I thought the whole retirement thing seemed strange from the beginning. Tom had said on multiple occasions that he would play until his body told him that he couldn’t, which certainly wasn’t last year when he threw for 43TD/5000+ yards. His contemporaries, Payton Manning, Brees, Rothlisberger all played until the wheels fell off. When he initially announced his retirement, I figured Tom’s wife either gave him an ultimatum or he was trying to get out of playing for the Bucs.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2022, 05:29:51 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Meh, don't care about the timing coinciding with KG. Besides, that retirement ceremony was spoiled after Dallas beat them at the Garden, embarrassing. First it was Paul Pierce and now KG...what gives. At least something upbeat to be excited about after the gloomy-ending Celtics game.

Hurray that the GOAT is back tho! This puts the Bucs back in contention again. At least the NFC now has another problem to deal with besides Aaron Rodgers, Rams and the 49ers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2022, 08:21:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yep true true

I wouldn't have put KG's ceremony on this day either.  Games are nowhere near the same thing as an announcement that can be made at any time.  Timing is always everything and I absolutely maintain it was poor timing from Brady.  There is absolutely no reason in the world he couldn't have announced this in the morning. It just wreaks of ego.
And you know this how exactly? Are you personally involved in making his schedule? Handling his affairs? Aware of how and when the Bucs wanted this to be announced? Were you there during the negotiations between the Bucs and Brady?

Puh-lease!!!!

The sporting world does not stop simply so the NCAA can announce the teams participating in their 2nd most important sport.

This whole line of thinking is an absurdity!!!
It was an instagram post.  They could have pushed send this morning.  The whole retirement saga just wrecks of ego.  I'm going to retire, even though I don't want to, during the Superbowl so the US media will be talking about me instead of the Superbowl.  Then I'm going to over the next 40 days just keep dropping hints I may not actually be retired, and then I'm going to unretire during a major event in Boston and a huge national story so the focus will again be on me.  Pure unadulterated ego.

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2022, 08:28:18 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yep true true

You're not wrong Nick, but it still makes it seem like Brady has a big ego which he does. And no shame in that, obviously he has the credentials and fame to back that up, but like he "retires" based on reports, says he's still thinking, then just two days after it like, "okay I'm retiring", and now a few weeks later he's with Christiano Ronaldo hinting at a comeback and then announces it on Selection Sunday and like the day right before FA.

You know this is also the news that'll eat up sports media for the next week as well, even with NFL FA soon to ramp up (and also March Madness nearing).