Author Topic: 21-22 College Football Thread  (Read 36564 times)

Re: 21-22 College Football Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Army/Navy has been fun so far.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2021, 05:47:55 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Army/Navy has been fun so far.
Old school football. 

« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2021, 06:14:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
To this point, Cincy’s defense and special teams clearly belong.

The offense has been suspect.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Cincy couldn’t handle Bama’s defensive front.  If the defense is able to rush three and still pressure the QB, there just isn’t a gameplan to counter that. 

« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
To be fair, that wasn't a terrible loss by Cincy really. They actually kept it close for quite a bit of time and the defense was fine. Offense just couldn't do much. But they had a great season and showed they belong in the mix going forward as well.

I hope Michigan wins. There's just something about them this season that feels special and I think they got a real shot at beating Alabama while I fully expect Georgia to choke against Bama again if they meet.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2021, 08:25:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Looks like Bama-Georgia III for the national title. Michigan has no answers for Georgia thus far.

« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2021, 08:49:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Looks like Bama-Georgia III for the national title. Michigan has no answers for Georgia thus far.

Dawgs are dominating, but if Mich can score before the half, it’s a game again.

« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2021, 08:52:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
To be fair, that wasn't a terrible loss by Cincy really. They actually kept it close for quite a bit of time and the defense was fine. Offense just couldn't do much. But they had a great season and showed they belong in the mix going forward as well.

I hope Michigan wins. There's just something about them this season that feels special and I think they got a real shot at beating Alabama while I fully expect Georgia to choke against Bama again if they meet.

And of course Michigan is down 20-3 currently lol...

« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Just II, right?

« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2021, 08:57:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Dawgs are dominating, but if Mich can score before the half, it’s a game again.

Never mind…. Harbaugh is a good recruiter and a good manager of his players but a vERY poor tactician, much like our Ime.

He is too much of a traditionalist and keeps trying to go with using the run to set up the pass. This Georgia run defense is almost impenetrable, and what he should be doing is passing on first down and using the pass to set up the run.

Don’t expect that from Harbaugh.

« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just II, right?
Oops. I added an extra I. Good catch.

« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2021, 09:21:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Alabama - Georgia again it seems

I'm beginning to think they won't expand the playoffs to 8 teams or anything like that because the SEC (at least 1 team from there) always seems to make it to the Championship Game anyways lol. This year there'll be two unless Michigan pulls off a 27-3 miracle comeback

« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

I'm beginning to think they won't expand the playoffs to 8 teams or anything like that because the SEC (at least 1 team from there) always seems to make it to the Championship Game anyways lol. This year there'll be two unless Michigan pulls off a 27-3 miracle comeback

For whatefer reason I think Ohio State would have given a better game than michigan. But they clearly earned being there.

« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2021, 10:39:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

For whatefer reason I think Ohio State would have given a better game than michigan. But they clearly earned being there.

Maybe, but then again this Georgia team got outplayed by Alabama about a month ago in a game where it felt like Alabama dominated. Ohio State looked terrible against Michigan especially the 2nd half of that game. Sometimes the matchups matter.

Oklahoma State might have given a good fight too.

That's why I think an 8-team playoff is needed for more representation. There's a good chance Alabama wins it all but I'd argue it has more to do with the competition. There's no team this year like say, the LSU Tigers of 2019 or Clemson 2018.

Alabama themselves lost to Texas A&M and took 4 OTs to beat Auburn.

« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2021, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Cincy defense gave up 301 rushing yards to what may be the worst rushing Bama team in the Saban era.  That's more than twice the rushing yards Bama was averaging this year.  The total yardage for the game was 482 to 218.  Hard to get too much more dominating than that.