Author Topic: 21-22 College Football Thread  (Read 36970 times)

Re: 21-22 College Football Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2021, 04:23:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3020
  • On To Banner 18!
That was a great game between Baylor and Oklahoma State. Great season for Oklahoma State and impressive that they ended close to the CFP.

Anyways I wonder what happens now if Alabama loses and Cincy wins. Personally I’d consider it pretty BS if a 2-loss Alabama team still made it over Cincinnati or even Notre Dame in that scenario. Alabama needed 4 OTs to squeak by Auburn last week too.

We’ll see how the games go
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So far it sure looks like the Tide are a top four team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2021, 05:29:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Houston is also an underrated good team. Giving the Bearcats a good fight here

« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Regardless of who wins, both Georgia and Alabama should be in the playoffs based on what I am seeing in this SEC Championship game. These are the 2 best teams in the country.

« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2021, 06:30:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Regardless of who wins, both Georgia and Alabama should be in the playoffs based on what I am seeing in this SEC Championship game. These are the 2 best teams in the country.

Agreed.  I'd take a 2-loss Alabama over a 1-loss Notre Dame, or even a 0 loss Cincinnati.

I think there's no way that Alabama misses the playoff at this point.  Putting up 31 on Georgia so far clinches it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Agreed.  I'd take a 2-loss Alabama over a 1-loss Notre Dame, or even a 0 loss Cincinnati.

I think there's no way that Alabama misses the playoff at this point.  Putting up 31 on Georgia so far clinches it.
And, after an INT, if Alabama drives down and scores again, it looks like they won't be a two loss team. Bama just decimating the #1 defense in the country

« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2021, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
As a neutral fan but someone who loves underdog stories, happy to see CIN dominating this game and likely punching their ticket in. Houston’s a great team too kudos to what they’ve done this season

Unless Michigan gets upset I think these same 4 make it now (Alabama, Cincy, Georgia, Michigan)

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557
Woo Hoo!!!   Roll Tide!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2021, 07:05:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Alabama with pick 6. They have been dominating in this 2nd half. They probably get the #1 seed now.

#1 Alabama
#2 Georgia
#3 Michigan(if they beat Iowa)
#4 Cincinnati

Or

#1 Alabama
#2 Georgia
#3 Cincinnati
#4 Notre Dame(if Michigan loses)

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2021, 07:13:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Alabama with pick 6. They have been dominating in this 2nd half. They probably get the #1 seed now.

#1 Alabama
#2 Georgia
#3 Michigan(if they beat Iowa)
#4 Cincinnati

Or

#1 Alabama
#2 Georgia
#3 Cincinnati
#4 Notre Dame(if Michigan loses)

Yeah I have it the same. Maybe Michigan 2, Georgia 3 but it really doesn’t matter since it’s not like the NFL where there’s a true home field. Matchups the same anyways (Alabama-Cincy, Michigan-Georgia)

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2021, 07:52:37 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
If Michigan wins they will be 2.  They will not only have a championship, but will have better wins.  Georgia, for as good as they have looked, has its best win as Clemson ranked 20th.  They also beat 22nd Arkansas and 23rd Kentucky.  They lost by 17 points as well while Michigan lost a game it was up most of the game before a late collapse against the team ranked 11th (so not a bad loss).  Ohio State is currently ranked 7th and Iowa is 13th. 

So if Michigan wins it will be 1. Alabama, 2. Michigan and then Georgia and Cincinnati.  I suspect the committee will determine that Georgia is appreciably better than Cincinnati and make them 3rd, but not having the championship could lead to Cincinnati being 3rd (the Notre Dame win also is huge in that regard).  And I also think there will be discussion about not having Georgia and Alabama have an immediate rematch, also weighing towards Georgia being 3rd with Cincinnati going 4th. 

If Iowa wins, then I think it will be Notre Dame getting the 4th spot with Georgia and Cincinnati rematching their bowl game from last year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2021, 09:08:11 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
I think Michigan is in regardless.  What's Notre Dame's best win?  Wisconsin? 

« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2021, 09:10:26 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
If Michigan wins they will be 2.  They will not only have a championship, but will have better wins.  Georgia, for as good as they have looked, has its best win as Clemson ranked 20th.  They also beat 22nd Arkansas and 23rd Kentucky.  They lost by 17 points as well while Michigan lost a game it was up most of the game before a late collapse against the team ranked 11th (so not a bad loss).  Ohio State is currently ranked 7th and Iowa is 13th. 

So if Michigan wins it will be 1. Alabama, 2. Michigan and then Georgia and Cincinnati.  I suspect the committee will determine that Georgia is appreciably better than Cincinnati and make them 3rd, but not having the championship could lead to Cincinnati being 3rd (the Notre Dame win also is huge in that regard).  And I also think there will be discussion about not having Georgia and Alabama have an immediate rematch, also weighing towards Georgia being 3rd with Cincinnati going 4th. 

If Iowa wins, then I think it will be Notre Dame getting the 4th spot with Georgia and Cincinnati rematching their bowl game from last year.
Georgia will be #2 or #3.  Probably #3 because Michigan will have the Big10 conference championship. 

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2021, 09:30:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I think Michigan is in regardless.  What's Notre Dame's best win?  Wisconsin?

Notre Dame’s best win is Notre Dame.

« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2021, 09:40:43 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Gut tells me committee will do their best to avoid a GA/BAMA rematch in semi and put Bama 1.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team