Author Topic: 1/6 Committee Hearing  (Read 35468 times)

bdm860, A Future of Stevens and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 1/6 Committee Hearing
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2022, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2150
And here is the clear and present danger that Judge Luttig discussed at his January 6th Committee meeting.
First, it looks like Dominion is going to win their suit against Guiliani and company, but that's an aside to the damage to democracy caused by Trump's lies:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/new-mexico-supreme-court-order-otero-county-commissioners-primarys-results/

The conspiracy theories about Dominion voting machines that erupted during the 2020 presidential contest flared this week in a remote New Mexico county in what could be just a preview of the kind of chaos election experts fear is coming in the fall midterms and in 2024.

The governing commission in Otero County refused to certify the local results of the state's June 7 primary because of the equipment, in what was seen as another instance of how the falsehoods spread by former President Donald Trump and his allies have infected elections and threaten the democratic process.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/texas-republicans-declare-biden-election-illegitimate-despite-evidence-2022-06-19/

WASHINGTON, June 19 (Reuters) - Republicans in Texas formally rejected President Joe Biden's election in 2020 as illegitimate and voted in a state-wide convention that wrapped up this weekend on a party platform that calls homosexuality an "abnormal lifestyle choice."

The party's embrace of unfounded electoral fraud allegations in a bedrock Republican state came as a bipartisan congressional committee seeks to definitively and publicly debunk the false idea that Biden did not win the election.

Biden received 7 million more votes than rival Donald Trump. Biden also received 306 votes from the Electoral College, more than the 270 needed to win.

The congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol is building a case that Trump's efforts to overturn his defeat in the 2020 presidential election -- including by denying he lost -- amounted to conspiracy to illegally hold onto power. read more

Trump, the 45th U.S. president, has denied any wrongdoing.

"We reject the certified results of the 2020 presidential election, and we hold that acting President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States," the Texas party said in a resolution, passed in a voice vote at its convention.
Besides the ridiculous stance on the 2020 election, which is a threat to democracy, it's pretty disgusting of an entire political party of a state to come out with such a statement about homosexuality. Pretty sure Texas will try to bring a gay marriage bill to the Supreme Court once Roe is overturned. Bank on it.

Also, take a read at the totality of what happened at that Texas GOP convention.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/19/opinions/texas-gop-convention-obeidallah/index.html

Do Republicans here agree with this radical stuff?

Lastly, this sociopathic political ad by Eric Greitins who is going RINO hunting. More stuff Trump and his wife antics have caused.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1538881246109093890?t=oY6OXvBeMBGoACpyCrQC5A&s=19

Thanks for these links!

The RINO hunting ad is pretty amazing.
I remember back in the 80’s watching Morton Downey, jr. and Wally George amazed  that a portion of this country is listening to and is being driven by this hyper-aggressive drivel.   In the course of the last 40 years the following of this mindset has grown perilously close to a majority.  People like this RINO hunter are now mainstream in Missouri and elsewhere. We are at the precipice of being overtaken by vitriolic loudmouths who have no filter and limited interest in working with anyone with a different point of view. It’s not about legislating or about ideology, it’s about anger, fighting, and crushing those who don’t see things their way. 

The anti-homosexual element is nothing short of depressing. I am so disappointed that a major party in one of the largest states in America is emboldened by the shifting tides of hatred in America to make such a blatant and unacceptable anti-LBGTQ statement. Of course their hero, the “fighter”, is too much of a coward to stand up for what is right.

Barry Mcguire may have had  it right more than 50 years ago and it’s finally coming to fruition —  we are on the eve of destruction. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:19:17 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2022, 02:05:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26110
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
I don't think you can say it any better than John Kasich:

"What happened in Texas was a clown show," said Kasich on CNN. "I think even clowns were embarrassed by what they saw down there."

"If you leave the field and you let the crazies — you let the people who are really extreme take control, then these are the kind of things you get," he said. "And it works on both sides, in both the Democratic and Republican party, in these primaries."

"If you let the extremes dictate who the nominees are, what the policies are, then you're going to end up in extremes that don't make sense and further polarize the country," he added.

"Clowns" and "crazies" are the exact right words.

In a saner universe, President John Kasich is serving his second term right now.

And, I do stand corrected on one thing.  Living in my northeastern bubble, I had previously thought that homosexuality had become normalized in this country.  I thought that even if pockets of the country disagreed with gay marriage, at least the overwhelming majority accepted homosexuals as normal members of society.  I thought the culture war on that issue was largely settled, and that the new front was issues related to gender identity.

Boy, was I wrong.  Between some of the things I've read about the lesbian kiss (more of a peck) in Lightyear (i.e., Disney is made up of sexual perverts and groomers), and this stuff from the Texas GOP...  it's disgusting.  That stuff just leaves me behind.  I understand not wanting a kindergartner exposed to drag queens.  I get the debate about gender identity.  But gays as being subhuman ("abnormal").  I can't get on board with that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:12:38 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2022, 02:13:23 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8676
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Arizona Speaker of the House Bowers with some very powerful testimony.

« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2022, 02:16:13 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith

"What happened in Texas was a clown show," said Kasich on CNN. "I think even clowns were embarrassed by what they saw down there."

"If you leave the field and you let the crazies — you let the people who are really extreme take control, then these are the kind of things you get," he said. "And it works on both sides, in both the Democratic and Republican party, in these primaries."

"If you let the extremes dictate who the nominees are, what the policies are, then you're going to end up in extremes that don't make sense and further polarize the country," he added.

In a saner universe, President John Kasich is serving his second term right now.

And, I do stand corrected on one thing.  Living in my northeastern bubble, I had previously thought that homosexuality had become normalized in this country.  I thought that even if pockets of the country disagreed with gay marriage, at least the overwhelming majority accepted homosexuals as normal members of society.  I thought the culture war on that issue was largely settled, and that the new front was issues related to gender identity.

Boy, was I wrong.  Between some of the things I've read about the lesbian kiss (more of a peck) in Lightyear (i.e., Disney is made up of sexual perverts and groomers), and this stuff from the Texas GOP...  it's disgusting.  That stuff just leaves me behind.  I understand not wanting a kindergartner exposed to drag queens.  I get the debate about gender identity.  But gays as being subhuman ("abnormal").  I can't get on board with that.
I guess you would now be considered a RINO, Roy. Thoughts on Eric Greitins wanting to hunt you down, bag and tag you?

« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to then-President Donald Trump and his inner circle.

Holder shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told POLITICO on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump’s reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump’s adult children and Mike Pence, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by POLITICO, the committee has subpoenaed “any raw footage you or your colleagues took in Washington, D.C., on January 6, 2021”; raw footage of interviews he conducted with Trump, Pence, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner; and raw footage “pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.”

I guess it's a good thing that they got a subpoena out, but what the heck has the committee been doing the last several months?  Shouldn't they have had this in hand by now? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2022, 02:21:51 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to then-President Donald Trump and his inner circle.

Holder shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told POLITICO on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump’s reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump’s adult children and Mike Pence, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by POLITICO, the committee has subpoenaed “any raw footage you or your colleagues took in Washington, D.C., on January 6, 2021”; raw footage of interviews he conducted with Trump, Pence, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner; and raw footage “pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.”

I guess it's a good thing that they got a subpoena out, but what the heck has the committee been doing the last several months?  Shouldn't they have had this in hand by now?
Perhaps they only recently found out about the documentary and it's footage. Then asked nicely for it. Awaited a response. Didn't get the response they wanted, so issued the subpoena.

« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I guess you would now be considered a RINO, Roy. Thoughts on Eric Greitins wanting to hunt you down, bag and tag you?

Ha.  Despite being fairly orthodox Republican on many issues, I think that I've probably been labeled as a RINO for years now.  In fact, I suspect that some see me as a full-blown progressive, being in favor of gay rights and substantial gun control, along with rejecting Trump.

It's crazy how far adrift things have gone in the past 15 years or so.  There was a time not too long ago when John Kasich was considered to be pretty conservative.  Back in the day when I could actually watch Fox News, I know that he filled in for Bill O'Reilly a couple of times.  I remember back then not liking him much, because he seemed to be purely partisan.  Now, he's the absolute voice of reason. 

« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2022, 02:24:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Perhaps they only recently found out about the documentary and it's footage. Then asked nicely for it. Awaited a response. Didn't get the response they wanted, so issued the subpoena.

Oh, I know.  But, you've got to think that the info was out there.  If Ivanka and Kushner were giving interviews, they probably would have been fine disclosing it. 

I'd just like to see more hardcore facts coming from these hearings.  Almost all of what we're seeing is stuff that we knew a year ago, which makes me wonder what we're paying for.

« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2022, 03:52:11 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
Had never heard the Share Moss and Lady Ruby stories before. Had no idea Guiliani and Trump targeted them, called them hustlers and inferred they were drug dealing type people.

Awful. And the way it affected them and the other witnesses is disturbing.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as Trumpists attacking and terrorizing people just because they are doing their job is un-American.

« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2022, 04:08:55 PM »

Online heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 67

Oh, I know.  But, you've got to think that the info was out there.  If Ivanka and Kushner were giving interviews, they probably would have been fine disclosing it. 

I'd just like to see more hardcore facts coming from these hearings.  Almost all of what we're seeing is stuff that we knew a year ago, which makes me wonder what we're paying for.

Ask and ye shall receive Roy:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jan-6-committee-nabs-unseen-footage-of-trump-and-allies-before-the-capitol-riot/ar-AAYI4Lk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ee3e4c3a094a4145bc7e2991542d4434

The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 has reportedly snagged a trove of previously unseen footage of former President Donald Trump and his allies before and after the Capitol riot.
Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who gained sweeping access to the former president and his inner circle in the days surrounding the riot, turned over “all the footage” the Jan. 6 committee demanded after the panel slapped him with a subpoena last Wednesday, a spokesperson told the Washington Examiner.
“When we began this project in September 2020, we could have never predicted that our work would one day be subpoenaed by Congress,” Holder said in a statement to the Washington Examiner. “As a British filmmaker, I had no agenda coming into this. We simply wanted to better understand who the Trumps were and what motivated them to hold onto power so desperately. We have dutifully handed over all the materials the Committee has asked for, and we are fully cooperating.”

Holder's footage will be released later this summer in a three-part series titled Unprecedented, according to his spokesperson. The documentary will focus on the "final six weeks of President Trump’s reelection campaign," per the spokesperson.

"Due to the sale of the footage, Holder did not previously have the legal authority to release the material or publicly discuss the project. Holder maintained full editorial control over the series and was not compensated in any way by the former President, his family, or staff," a press release read.

Holder is slated to give a deposition before the panel Thursday, per his spokesperson. The panel demanded that he turn over the footage taken on Jan. 6 of Trump, as well as interviews he may have conducted with then-Vice President Mike Pence, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner.

Additionally, the committee demanded that he divulge “any footage pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election."

"We understand you have raw footage depicting the January 6th attack and of President Trump and others discussing the November 2020 presidential election results," the committee wrote in its subpoena. "Accordingly, the Select Committee seeks through the attached subpoena raw footage and a deposition regarding these and other matters that are within the scope of the Select Committee's inquiry."

It is not clear what new revelations might come from the footage.

« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2022, 08:58:16 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
Sen. Ron Johnson got caught up in the possible fake electors scheme as text messages revealed his current chief of staff contacted Mike Pence's people on the morning of 1/6 saying Johnson had two electors slates from WI and MI that he wanted to hand deliver to the VP before the votes started being counted. The Pence contact said not to do that.

Johnson was asked after today's hearing about it and claimed he knew nothing about elector slates or anything like that. He said he was asked to give something to Pence, had his people ask Pence, was told not to do it and so didn't.

Here is where this committee not having Trumpists on it is important because I am sure if there was, word would have been sent to some that might have issues and they could prepare their lies ahead of time. Johnson was obviously lying about having any knowledge of the fake electoral slates and that played out today.

Senators aren't delivery guys. They don't take orders from people they don't know to deliver stuff they don't know anything about to someone like the VP. If what he said was true, think about the security protocols he was breaching. Here Ron, here is an envelope. Deliver it to the VP the morning of 1/6. Don't ask what's inside.

Except his current chief of staff did know.

Ridiculous. His lie after the hearing was obvious and sounded like something a teenager caught lying would come up with. His not getting prior warning that this was going to be released is enlightening for all of us.

« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2022, 11:08:38 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 576
So the latest is that Ron Johnson (or at least his chief of staff) had the fake electors for MI and WI and tried to give them to Pence (via one of his staff).

Johnson is so clearly lying.  He says he was given an envelope and didn't know anything about it but he knew they were the fake elector documents.  He knew exactly what they were and what they were for.  I think this clearly implicates him in an illegal conspiracy.

Thoughts?

« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2022, 12:17:07 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Had never heard the Share Moss and Lady Ruby stories before. Had no idea Guiliani and Trump targeted them, called them hustlers and inferred they were drug dealing type people.

Awful. And the way it affected them and the other witnesses is disturbing.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as Trumpists attacking and terrorizing people just because they are doing their job is un-American.
Tell that to the supreme court judges

« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2022, 12:23:51 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 458
Forget it
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 12:32:19 PM by angryguy77 »

« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 458
Sen. Ron Johnson got caught up in the possible fake electors scheme as text messages revealed his current chief of staff contacted Mike Pence's people on the morning of 1/6 saying Johnson had two electors slates from WI and MI that he wanted to hand deliver to the VP before the votes started being counted. The Pence contact said not to do that.

Johnson was asked after today's hearing about it and claimed he knew nothing about elector slates or anything like that. He said he was asked to give something to Pence, had his people ask Pence, was told not to do it and so didn't.

Here is where this committee not having Trumpists on it is important because I am sure if there was, word would have been sent to some that might have issues and they could prepare their lies ahead of time. Johnson was obviously lying about having any knowledge of the fake electoral slates and that played out today.

Senators aren't delivery guys. They don't take orders from people they don't know to deliver stuff they don't know anything about to someone like the VP. If what he said was true, think about the security protocols he was breaching. Here Ron, here is an envelope. Deliver it to the VP the morning of 1/6. Don't ask what's inside.

Except his current chief of staff did know.

Ridiculous. His lie after the hearing was obvious and sounded like something a teenager caught lying would come up with. His not getting prior warning that this was going to be released is enlightening for all of us.

Yes exactly! The side that is being accused of all sorts of things should definitely not be allowed representation. Only the state and those who are out to prove their side should be heard! Democracy is at stake and in order to save it, we need to silence the accused.