Author Topic: Celtics interested in Gobert?  (Read 6489 times)

Re: Celtics interested in Gobert?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2020, 07:24:13 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Just to propose a different trade (it works on realgm's trade checker - though a drastically different cap and it might not)

Smart, Theis, Poirier, G. Williams

for

Gobert

Post Trade
Starters - Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Gobert
Rotation - Langford, Kanter, R. Williams, Wanamaker, Ojeleye, 14
Deep Bench - 26, 30, Edwards, Fall, Waters, Green (4 of on active, maybe a Euro stash or a couple of 2-way to keep all)

That team seems better than the one the C's would otherwise trot out.  Lots of money (which I think is the only real downside to doing this as opposed to trading Hayward), but I like the look and feel of that roster better.  I just think it is more likely to win the title than the one with Smart instead of Hayward, and that should be the goal if you are bringing in someone like Gobert.  And because it is a 4 for 1, the team can actually fit the draft picks onto the roster adding an influx of cheap talent and increasing the chances someone actually hits.

It's a great deal for a season, but what then? Tatum, Gobert and Hayward all need big extensions at the end of the year.

That roster is going to be incredibly expensive, like 170-180 million in salary, which would lead to a repeater tax of about 130-140 million each year!

So in total that will be a $300M payroll!!!

Re: Celtics interested in Gobert?
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2020, 08:12:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just to propose a different trade (it works on realgm's trade checker - though a drastically different cap and it might not)

Smart, Theis, Poirier, G. Williams

for

Gobert

Post Trade
Starters - Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Gobert
Rotation - Langford, Kanter, R. Williams, Wanamaker, Ojeleye, 14
Deep Bench - 26, 30, Edwards, Fall, Waters, Green (4 of on active, maybe a Euro stash or a couple of 2-way to keep all)

That team seems better than the one the C's would otherwise trot out.  Lots of money (which I think is the only real downside to doing this as opposed to trading Hayward), but I like the look and feel of that roster better.  I just think it is more likely to win the title than the one with Smart instead of Hayward, and that should be the goal if you are bringing in someone like Gobert.  And because it is a 4 for 1, the team can actually fit the draft picks onto the roster adding an influx of cheap talent and increasing the chances someone actually hits.

It's a great deal for a season, but what then? Tatum, Gobert and Hayward all need big extensions at the end of the year.

That roster is going to be incredibly expensive, like 170-180 million in salary, which would lead to a repeater tax of about 130-140 million each year!

So in total that will be a $300M payroll!!!
You re-sign them (Tatum max and see what the other two get).  You try to compete for the next couple of seasons and then you start looking for other players to put around Tatum and Brown.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip