Author Topic: Patriots 2020 Season  (Read 76846 times)

Re: Patriots 2020 season
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2020, 12:02:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think cam has any intention of remaining in NE beyond this year nor do I think bill has any plan to keep him around

This was a marriage of convenience all along.

The only way I see him staying is on another one year deal if this season doesn't allow him sufficient opportunity to re-establish his value.

So you think Bill will go back to Stidham or Hoyer after this year? Or tank to get a QB in the draft?

Who knows.

My guess is they'll draft another QB, see how that guy and Stidham look, and then if neither appears ready to take over before next season, they'll look at their options for another one season veteran to run the offense.

We're in the wilderness here.  This is what it's like to be an NFL franchise without a franchise QB.  Greater or lesser degree of fumbling and ineptitude depending on the competence of the foundation in place, but overall it feels like blundering around in a pitch dark house looking for a light switch.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Patriots 2020 Season
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Hey Bill, tell me how my a$$ tastes!

- Brian Flores

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2020, 03:46:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kinda hard to have a winning performance when the team has had like two strength and training practices and one in pads practice in two weeks. Football is not a game you can adequately prepare for without proper practicing time.

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2020, 04:58:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Kinda hard to have a winning performance when the team has had like two strength and training practices and one in pads practice in two weeks. Football is not a game you can adequately prepare for without proper practicing time.

Especially makes a difference for line play which has been a problem recently.  Not a surprise.

My biggest question is how and when are they ever going to get some major offensive skill pieces?  The Pats haven't developed any dangerous TE or WR since Gronk was drafted, basically. 

If you don't have a dominating QB or an absolutely insane defense you need to have some skill players who can win one on one matchups.  With Edelman reaching the end of his line the Pats are running out of talent.  The fact that Bill doesn't seem capable of drafting a decent WR is concerning.  It's not like they haven't spent picks on that position in the last decade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
If they go away from Cam due to price, I wonder if there will be another Redeem story next year of a QB whose value has slipped and we can have on the cheap, since apparently Bill likes cheap. Wasn't Brady on a base salary of $1m plus $7 - $13m a year signing bonus for the last few years?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2020, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
If they go away from Cam due to price, I wonder if there will be another Redeem story next year of a QB whose value has slipped and we can have on the cheap, since apparently Bill likes cheap. Wasn't Brady on a base salary of $1m plus $7 - $13m a year signing bonus for the last few years?

Redeeming a different retread every year is gonna get old really fast.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2020, 08:03:44 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
David Nkoju apparently still wants to be traded from the Browns...are we interested?

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Tight end David Njoku would still like the Browns to trade him, a league source told cleveland.com on Monday.

Njoku, who initially asked to be traded on July 3 but then rescinded the request on Aug. 1, would like to find a new home by the trade deadline on Nov. 3rd.

To this point, the Browns haven’t been willing to trade him, but they might be open to it if someone makes them an offer they can’t refuse. The Browns need help at linebacker, safety and cornerback, and could possibly pick up a starter to help out down the stretch.

Njoku returned to the field last week agains the Colts and caught his only target for 6 yards. During Sunday’s 38-7 loss to the Steelers, he caught one of three targets for 7 yards. In his three games this season, he has five receptions for 63 yards and one touchdown catch from the opener in Baltimore.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/10/david-njoku-still-wants-the-browns-to-trade-him-by-the-nov-3-deadline-league-source-says.html
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
David Nkoju apparently still wants to be traded from the Browns...are we interested?

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Tight end David Njoku would still like the Browns to trade him, a league source told cleveland.com on Monday.

Njoku, who initially asked to be traded on July 3 but then rescinded the request on Aug. 1, would like to find a new home by the trade deadline on Nov. 3rd.

To this point, the Browns haven’t been willing to trade him, but they might be open to it if someone makes them an offer they can’t refuse. The Browns need help at linebacker, safety and cornerback, and could possibly pick up a starter to help out down the stretch.

Njoku returned to the field last week agains the Colts and caught his only target for 6 yards. During Sunday’s 38-7 loss to the Steelers, he caught one of three targets for 7 yards. In his three games this season, he has five receptions for 63 yards and one touchdown catch from the opener in Baltimore.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/10/david-njoku-still-wants-the-browns-to-trade-him-by-the-nov-3-deadline-league-source-says.html
Anyone is better than Izzo. I like the prospects of Keene and Asiasi but for the meantime I’d prefer anyone to Izzo
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Andy Dalton! ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2020, 11:26:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Andy Dalton! ;D
Dak? Obviously joking, because the Cowboys would be legitimate lunatics to not keep him (so maybe it could happen!), but imagine that. B2B comeback players of the year as our starting QBs

« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2020, 03:13:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Andy Dalton! ;D
Dak? Obviously joking, because the Cowboys would be legitimate lunatics to not keep him (so maybe it could happen!), but imagine that. B2B comeback players of the year as our starting QBs

That would be something!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Bentley is the worst!

« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Welp, really seems like the wheels have come off for the pats. 

Probably time to start thinking rebuild.  Just not enough overall talent on the roster even setting aside the qb spot.  Cam looked good for a couple weeks.

Brady and gronk looking good for tampa bay. I'm still skeptical that'll last until December, but it's clear they couldn't have done it in new England.

Knew we had to hit a rough patch sometime. Here it is.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Andy Dalton! ;D

I don't think I would bother to watch this team if they did another retread. The only path to relevance is to find a real successor. It's not like they have the roster of a contender minus the qb position.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Welp, really seems like the wheels have come off for the pats. 

Probably time to start thinking rebuild.  Just not enough overall talent on the roster even setting aside the qb spot.  Cam looked good for a couple weeks.

Brady and gronk looking good for tampa bay. I'm still skeptical that'll last until December, but it's clear they couldn't have done it in new England.

Knew we had to hit a rough patch sometime. Here it is.
Yeah, I think it's time to hit the draft. We were always going to be in a rough place with all our key players that opted out. Now, on top of that, the offence has completely disintegrated.

I think hit the draft, and trade some of our older guys for whatever we can. I'd look into moving Gilmore and White for some serious draft capital.

There are three really legit QB prospects in this upcoming draft in Lawrence, Fields and Trey Lance. Then there's Wilson at BYU, Trask at Florida and Jamie Newman at Georgia.
I would want Lance. He'll probably be a 1st round pick, but we have so many holes on this team...